OT: Products you believe in | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Products you believe in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Salt requires a salt water generator to produce...wait for it...

...wait for it...

...wait for it...

...still there?

CHLORINE!!!!! But yes once you pony up the $1,000 for a SWG, salt is inexpensive and quite effective.

Um, that's why they call it a salt chlorinator. Use the salt to create the chlorine.

Not a pool owner myself but much prefer the feel of salt-chloriniated pools.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Um, that's why they call it a salt chlorinator. Use the salt to create the chlorine.

Not a pool owner myself but much prefer the feel of salt-chloriniated pools.

Um, no kidding. Read the post you quoted again. It's there. As clear as day.

My pool is pristine. There is no odor and the water is cleaner than what you get out of a Brita.

As a pool owner, the only thing a Salt Water Generator would save me is the three minutes a day that I go down to my pool, test it, and pour in a half gallon of liquid chlorine (as needed) or, in a pinch, a jug of generic concentrated bleach. It is convenient, No doubt, but it would not pay for itself for about a 6 years, and considering the money pit my pool was using Baquacil, I'll keep those 8 bills (minimum for a quality SWG that can handle 21,000 gallons) in my pocket for the time being.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I can't believe you guys are going at it over salt water pools. haha

Reaction Score
Aeropress coffee maker. Makes a great cup of joe. edit : also Nayoya Accupressure mat, does wonders for back pain and people who sit at a desk all day.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Salt requires a salt water generator to produce...wait for it...

...wait for it...

...wait for it...

...still there?

CHLORINE!!!!! But yes once you pony up the $1,000 for a SWG, salt is inexpensive and quite effective.

But it regulates the level of chlorine much more effectively. It simply works better and is safer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I found a thread like this on another board and got a lot of good tips from it. Figured it would be a good one to toss on the Yard.

The point is for you to post a product you use and are completely satisfied with and it should be something that's maybe a little uncommon that others might not know about yet. Please also provide a link, when possible.

Two examples to get things started:

1) Yeti Koozies - I know they're expensive at 29.99 for a koozie. And I know you'll say "Who takes that long to drink a beer?" Just trust me. These things keep your beer ICE cold. Mowing the lawn. Laying in a hammock. At the beach. You can put the beer down, forget about it, come back an hour later and it's still ice friggin' cold.

2) Shave Secret Shave Oil - I hate shaving and I've tried it all. This stuff comes in a container about the size of a Visine bottle. 5-6 drops is all you need and it gives me the best shave I've ever had. Plus, if you travel a lot, it's easy to pack away and get through TSA.

I hear from several people the Yeti stuff is amazing. But, #properglassware. I can't bring myself to drink many of my beers from the container, or from some giant thermos. It's great for Bud Light or Rolling Rock drinkers I suppose.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
But it regulates the level of chlorine much more effectively. It simply works better and is safer.
A SWG keeps a constant flow of chlorine in the pool, but what does it work better than? What if a pool owner has a Stenner pump, which adds Sodium Hypochlorite directly to the water? A SWG must rely on a chemical reaction.

What do you mean by safer? Safer than what?

Unless I am vacuuming or brushing (which needs to be done on "Salt Water" pools as well), I spend 3 min./day maximum on pool maintenance.

All of this is for not. @FriarJ 's original post posits that Salt is a better sanitizer than chlorine. It is not. It is the exact same sanitizer as chlorine and there needs to be an extra step to get it there.

Reaction Score
Gotta give a plug for my local beanery (which also ships), Willoughby's. Been using their beans exclusively and drinking their coffee for more than 20 years. By far the best I've found. I travel with it, even when I am going to places known for their coffee, because I know I won't find any better.

My company just purchased one of these Nitro Coffee Kegerators

It has saved everyone a ton of money. I would send this to your boss ASAP and you can thank me later.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Roomba. Hands down. If you have multiple kids under six this literally is a life changer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
A SWG keeps a constant flow of chlorine in the pool, but what does it work better than? What if a pool owner has a Stenner pump, which adds Sodium Hypochlorite directly to the water? A SWG must rely on a chemical reaction.

What do you mean by safer? Safer than what?

Unless I am vacuuming or brushing (which needs to be done on "Salt Water" pools as well), I spend 3 min./day maximum on pool maintenance.

All of this is for not. @FriarJ 's original post posits that Salt is a better sanitizer than chlorine. It is not. It is the exact same sanitizer as chlorine and there needs to be an extra step to get it there.

Ack, well my pool days were long ago, and chlorine dispensing was highly inconsistent back then, often too much was in the water. My first experiences with the salt pools were that the chlorine was undetectable. That's better than what I still experience in say, public chlorine treated pools or those at country clubs. It may well be that new home equipment is much more efficient and accurate. You'd know better than I would.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Thought of a product I support. Those tiny, cheap CREE LED flashlights from China that you can buy on Amazon. Anyone buying an overpriced flashlight at Target or a hardware store is getting ripped off. My little $8 gem fits in the palm of my hand and sends a beam well over a hundred feet.

Reaction Score
A really great time and leg saver around the holidays, this eliminates the stair climbing.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm a runner who normally puts in 12-20 miles per week. About a year ago I started experiencing plantar fasciitis. I would rest a little, changed my running shoes out every 500 or so miles, but could not kick it without completely stopping. I also experienced foot pain just walking around the house. About 4 months ago I finally started digging in to some alternative options after noting that a decent pair of gel/foam slippers would help a little until they wore down (which was usually in a month or so). I googled around and found these orthofeet slippers. They are very expensive as far as slippers go, about $80. However, after about a month of wearing these I experience no symptoms of plantar fasciitis running or otherwise and no foot pain. This is one of the best purchases I've ever made, highly recommended.

Asheville - Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01