OT: Products you believe in | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Products you believe in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A competitor of Yeti is Engel. Similar construction but with a screw on lid. Hot stays hot, cold stay cold. Keeps cocktails cold all day long on the beach.

Harry's Razors. Last me 3 times as long as the Gillette blades I was using and cost about 1/3 the price.

Anker portable battery charger. Mine is 3 years old and still works great with cell phones and tablets. Great for travel.
Hmm, Consumer reports said Harry's and the other 'club' razor were crappy and Gillette was much better/higher quality steel. How long did Gillette and Harry's blades last for you?
I love my YETI tumblers, use one for coffee and one for cold water. Only quibble is for the coffee it doesn't close but that seems to only impact hot IF I'm walking with it, sitting in the car or on the train it stays plenty hot.

Reaction Score
For me it's the Black and Decker Pivot - We have two dogs whose blowing balls of fur would make the tumbleweeds in western movies jealous. We also have a young child, and I'm a Tasmanian Devil when it comes to anything food-prep related. Helps that we have all hardwood, but I can cover pretty much every corner of the first floor on a single charge with this thing and it beats one of us pulling out the vacuum every day. I hate walking around in bare feet on dog fur and crumbs.
Dude, do yourself a favor and this coming black Friday, when they are on sale, buy yourself a cordless Dyson. We have two very sheddy black labs and this thing is a godsend.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hmm, Consumer reports said Harry's and the other 'club' razor were crappy and Gillette was much better/higher quality steel. How long did Gillette and Harry's blades last for you?
I love my YETI tumblers, use one for coffee and one for cold water. Only quibble is for the coffee it doesn't close but that seems to only impact hot IF I'm walking with it, sitting in the car or on the train it stays plenty hot.

I would get about 8-10 shaves from the Gillette blades before I could feel significant pulling of facial hair. I forget which model of blades I used because I stopped using them about three years ago but it was a Mach 3 Turbo something or another. I have to shave daily for work and the dome gets cleaned up 1-2 times a week. Weekends are shave free.

With Harry's I get 3 weeks on a blade. It's just as close of a shave and no differences in the number of cuts, chicken skin or ingrown hairs.

I used Nivea for men sensitive skin.

There isn't a perfect blade that works the same for every man. It depends on a bunch of factors. Go with what works. For me, Harry's is good to go.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I found a thread like this on another board and got a lot of good tips from it. Figured it would be a good one to toss on the Yard.

The point is for you to post a product you use and are completely satisfied with and it should be something that's maybe a little uncommon that others might not know about yet. Please also provide a link, when possible.

Two examples to get things started:

1) Yeti Koozies - I know they're expensive at 29.99 for a koozie. And I know you'll say "Who takes that long to drink a beer?" Just trust me. These things keep your beer ICE cold. Mowing the lawn. Laying in a hammock. At the beach. You can put the beer down, forget about it, come back an hour later and it's still ice friggin' cold.

2) Shave Secret Shave Oil - I hate shaving and I've tried it all. This stuff comes in a container about the size of a Visine bottle. 5-6 drops is all you need and it gives me the best shave I've ever had. Plus, if you travel a lot, it's easy to pack away and get through TSA.

I'm going to try that Shave Oil and I'll tell you if it works!

Not a product but I have a way to end the hiccups that has a 100% success rate, with a large sample size.

Reaction Score
If you have a pool, never go into a Namco or Leslie's for chmicals ever again.

Get your liquid Chlorine and Stabilizer at Ocean State. pH+ (washing soda) or to adjust total alkalinity (baking soda) at the gocery store (chlorine is also available here as well as Wal-Mart. It's called bleach), and pH- (Muriatic acid) at Ace or Home Depot.
Just don't tell your wife you aren't using name brands.

Reaction Score
Another one is Easy-off oven cleaner, it will pretty much do the same thing. Spray your tub/shower, come back a few minutes later and wipe it down. It is pretty harsh stuff to inhale though.
In a similar way, mix of isopropyl alcohol an water in a spray bottle. Spray on iced windshields, wait 5 minutes, and ice comes right off.

Reaction Score
Dude, do yourself a favor and this coming black Friday, when they are on sale, buy yourself a cordless Dyson. We have two very sheddy black labs and this thing is a godsend.
Do these work really well against baseboards and in the corners? I've always wondered.

Reaction Score
I'm going to try that Shave Oil and I'll tell you if it works!

Not a product but I have a way to end the hiccups that has a 100% success rate, with a large sample size.

Might be good for you friends in your avatar!

Reaction Score

1) Yeti Koozies - I know they're expensive at 29.99 for a koozie. And I know you'll say "Who takes that long to drink a beer?" Just trust me. These things keep your beer ICE cold. Mowing the lawn. Laying in a hammock. At the beach. You can put the beer down, forget about it, come back an hour later and it's still ice friggin' cold.

2) Shave Secret Shave Oil - I hate shaving and I've tried it all. This stuff comes in a container about the size of a Visine bottle. 5-6 drops is all you need and it gives me the best shave I've ever had. Plus, if you travel a lot, it's easy to pack away and get through TSA.[/QUOTE]

Yes on both.

Using the Yeti right now.

My wife likes the Shave Secret too. It smells great and works especially well in sensitive areas. ;)

Reaction Score
When walking long distances, this is a truly brilliant product.

Also better for foreplay than applying sunscreen.

monkey-butt-powder-3.jpg

Reaction Score
Do these work really well against baseboards and in the corners? I've always wondered.
Yea, works quite well. Plus it comes with a couple of attachments standard that help in the harder to reach spots.

Reaction Score
I found a thread like this on another board and got a lot of good tips from it. Figured it would be a good one to toss on the Yard.

The point is for you to post a product you use and are completely satisfied with and it should be something that's maybe a little uncommon that others might not know about yet. Please also provide a link, when possible.

2) Shave Secret Shave Oil - I hate shaving and I've tried it all. This stuff comes in a container about the size of a Visine bottle. 5-6 drops is all you need and it gives me the best shave I've ever had. Plus, if you travel a lot, it's easy to pack away and get through TSA.
Will it fit in the car beverage holder?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Will it fit in the car beverage holder?
I'm reading about them on Amazon...if your cup holder has the huggable sides I am assuming the Yeti will fit.

Currently $38.39 on Amazon w/ PRIME.

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
My Cookshack Smokette smoker. Yes, I know, I'm cheating by using electric. My response is (1) smoke ring is a myth and does not materially alter flavor, and (2) I can do an unattended 20 hour smoke and know it's going to be 99% as good as it would be in a charcoal smoker, without having to hover over it the whole time.
Just out of curiosity, do you have a 16" wide or 20" wide? I'm definitely interested but I'm not sure a full rack of baby backs will fit in a 16" wide smoker. Let me know.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Downey Wrinkle Release. Yes, I could remember to hang up shirts and pants when they finish in the dryer, but we have 2 kids so that just doesn't happen. Gently spray each side and the wrinkles fall out about 30 seconds after you put the clothes on.

My Cookshack Smokette smoker. Yes, I know, I'm cheating by using electric. My response is (1) smoke ring is a myth and does not materially alter flavor, and (2) I can do an unattended 20 hour smoke and know it's going to be 99% as good as it would be in a charcoal smoker, without having to hover over it the whole time.

Smoke ring is not a "myth," but it comes from the smoke, not the fire. You should still see good rings from your electric smoker. Your comment on electric for ease is spot on. I'm seriously considering an electric pellet grill. Best of all worlds, really.

@Deepster - the shave oil is interesting, but i've gone completely off of the deep end on shaving. Safety razor, soap, aftershave. The best and most affordable stuff? Stirling Soap. They have the best soap, aftershave, balm, and oil that i've tried. Bonus that you're supporting a family of veterans in pig's knuckle, arkansas. I laugh at the guys who think Harry's and Dorco save enough money, though. 100 blades for me costs $11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom