OT: Products That Can Off | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Products That Can Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This pudgy faced . Two cans for $11.99 and after you give your CC# the only shipping option is $19.99.

I was drunk one weekend and bought 6 cans.

00346830-782243_1000.jpg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Human body parts after 60.

Any premium-priced (>$28) vodka other than Chopin that comes in a frosted/etched bottle.

Lays potato chips.

The music industry.

Reaction Score
Toyo Proxes tires. Never felt more unsafe in a vehicle than with those things on, and the rears wore out in a year of non-aggressive driving. Town Fair Tire can suck it too for being no help in the matter. (I've since researched all tire purchases on tirerack.com to great success)

Jiffy Lube once removed my air filter and neglected to replace it. Debris ended up taking out the mass air flow sensor. Bastards. They ultimately ended up covering the repairs but I've never been back.

I like to think I've gotten a lot smarter about cars since these things happened.

Just never go to a jiffy lube or similar place. I had a friend with an AWD car and instead of emptying the oil and then refilling, they emptied the front diff fluid, left it empty, and then way overfilled the old oil. They're not exactly hiring mechanics.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
I had the same experience. One car they drained the transmission fluid and left it dry.

Another car that took huge amounts of 5-20 they put 10-30 in because that's what they have in bulk. They told me I couldn't watch them but I caught them doing it anyway and they told me it didn't matter.

I change my own oil now. Doesn't save money but gives me piece of mind.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Samsung dishwashers. Bad circuit board.

LG front load washers. Weak spider arm.

America Beer. A German beer recipe made with Chinese rice owned by Brazilian bankers headquartered in Belgium.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just never go to a jiffy lube or similar place. I had a friend with an AWD car and instead of emptying the oil and then refilling, they emptied the front diff fluid, left it empty, and then way overfilled the old oil. They're not exactly hiring mechanics.
In a way it got me more interested in cars and doing more maintenance on my own. I got a dealer quote to have the MAF replaced (around 750 parts and labor)... That's what I ended up getting from JL... Bought the part for 350, replaced it myself, and pocketed the rest as an "inconvenience fee". As long as you have a decent set of tools - just about anything that goes wrong in your car, someone else has had the problem and fixed it and posted a tutorial on YouTube.

Reaction Score
I think Central has more UConn haters per capita than any other school.

I work with some people that graduated from central and southern and they despise UConn. They actively root against them in sports all because they were too stupid to get into Storrs.

Reaction Score
348s.jpg

These bastages. I once got two new tires there. It was right by work so I could leave the car all day and walk over and pick it up after work. I'm driving along shortly after that and all of a sudden my front wheel comes flying off. The really sad thing was that I could not find the wheel for the longest time. It was in a residential area so I thought that maybe it flew through a window. I was going about 30 mps at the time so that meant the wheel was going at least 30 when it came off. Luckily I finally found it in someones yard about a block away. Turns out these nitwits had apparently lost the lugnuts on both of the wheels and instead of putting new ones on they took some from the other wheels. The wheel that came flying off was held on by one lugnut. The other wheels had two or three lugnuts each. When I went back to complain they basically said that I could not prove anything. Not worth the time and hassle to take them to court.

Reaction Score
348s.jpg

These bastages. I once got two new tires there. It was right by work so I could leave the car all day and walk over and pick it up after work. I'm driving along shortly after that and all of a sudden my front wheel comes flying off. The really sad thing was that I could not find the wheel for the longest time. It was in a residential area so I thought that maybe it flew through a window. I was going about 30 mps at the time so that meant the wheel was going at least 30 when it came off. Luckily I finally found it in someones yard about a block away. Turns out these nitwits had apparently lost the lugnuts on both of the wheels and instead of putting new ones on they took some from the other wheels. The wheel that came flying off was held on by one lugnut. The other wheels had two or three lugnuts each. When I went back to complain they basically said that I could not prove anything. Not worth the time and hassle to take them to court.

NEVER go to Firestone. Ever. I worked there for a week and quit because of all the unethical BS they pulled with customers. After hours they have to pull everyone's car into the shop. They were drinking beers in the shop, bsing with each other, and then driving customers cars into the bay after 4/5 beers.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Interesting thread. Fascinating to see how different peoples clocks tick. Some need to be busy, some need to work all their lives etc.....

Me? I dream of doing absolutely nothing. I could be content having no aim or purpose and seeing what each day brings with no other constraints other than what I feel like doing that exact moment.

NEVER go to Firestone. Ever. I worked there for a week and quit because of all the unethical BS they pulled with customers. After hours they have to pull everyone's car into the shop. They were drinking beers in the shop, bsing with each other, and then driving customers cars into the bay after 4/5 beers.

@August_West , looks like another job lead for you.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Eggs from Whole Foods. Never been able to crack one without at least getting 3 pieces of shell in the bowl.

Reaction Score
Any car roof box not made by Thule. We got the factory box for my wife's outback and it broke the second time we used it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Any car roof box not made by Thule. We got the factory box for my wife's outback and it broke the second time we used it.
Yakima is right there, too, IMO. We've had very good experiences with both.

Reaction Score
In a way it got me more interested in cars and doing more maintenance on my own. I got a dealer quote to have the MAF replaced (around 750 parts and labor)... That's what I ended up getting from JL... Bought the part for 350, replaced it myself, and pocketed the rest as an "inconvenience fee". As long as you have a decent set of tools - just about anything that goes wrong in your car, someone else has had the problem and fixed it and posted a tutorial on YouTube.

Agreed. And when I mess something up I have mechanic friends that can come, laugh at me for a bit, and get it back in the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom