OT: Products That Can Off | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Products That Can Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I drove an older Audi once and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Things may have changed, but back then it was a $400 fix about every month until I sold it. Bought a 2002 Subaru Forester that runs great--has 170K and never had a problem since day one.
I've owned and had good luck with both. Loved the Audi (A6) a lot more than the Subaru, but it was a certified pre-owned that came with a maintenance contract and warranty. Once that was up and I had to pay for the first few service visits I was lucky to find a local mechanic whose wife owned the same car, so he was able to do all the maintenance for less than half of what the dealer charged. Once he stopped being able to work on it I traded it in.

I've owned two Subarus in the past (Outback and Forester) and am now shopping for a used one to be the "spare" car that my daughters will drive (gulp!). Subarus are not as expensive to service as Audis in my experience, but they are still more expensive than American cars and Hondas. I need the AWD though and I don't want an SUV, so I think I am down to a Subaru for them. Hoping to find a manual transmission in good shape, and force them to learn to drive manual. My theory is that it will make them more focused/engaged as drivers and less likely to be distracted, especially by texting.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've owned and had good luck with both. Loved the Audi (A6) a lot more than the Subaru, but it was a certified pre-owned that came with a maintenance contract and warranty. Once that was up and I had to pay for the first few service visits I was lucky to find a local mechanic whose wife owned the same car, so he was able to do all the maintenance for less than half of what the dealer charged. Once he stopped being able to work on it I traded it in.

I've owned two Subarus in the past (Outback and Forester) and am now shopping for a used one to be the "spare" car that my daughters will drive (gulp!). Subarus are not as expensive to service as Audis in my experience, but they are still more expensive than American cars and Hondas. I need the AWD though and I don't want an SUV, so I think I am down to a Subaru for them. Hoping to find a manual transmission in good shape, and force them to learn to drive manual. My theory is that it will make them more focused/engaged as drivers and less likely to be distracted, especially by texting.

Subaru hit homeruns with each of their redo's for their major vehicles- Outback, Legacy, Impreza and Forrester. All of them sell at a premium and retain their value (mostly due to low turnover because of high customer loyalty).

Reaction Score
Never ever buy a Neato house vacuum. They don't work and they do not have any customer service. They do have a hotline but nobody answers it. Same with their website service. None. Nothing. Zip.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If we are talking about actual tangible items,

-That cheap 1 ply Toilet paper you find in like public schools that is so thin it barely exists. Might as well use your hands at that point.

And they rip the living snow out of your sphincter. Multiple pun intended.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
All vacuum cleaners. There hasn't been a vacuum cleaner from 79 dollars to 799 dollars that my wife can't break in the first month

Curiouser
Reaction Score
All vacuum cleaners. There hasn't been a vacuum cleaner from 79 dollars to 799 dollars that my wife can't break in the first month
Have you tried a Miele? I did a ton of research before deciding on a Miele canister vacuum. That was at least 15-20 years ago and it's still going strong.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Toyo Proxes tires. Never felt more unsafe in a vehicle than with those things on, and the rears wore out in a year of non-aggressive driving. Town Fair Tire can suck it too for being no help in the matter. (I've since researched all tire purchases on tirerack.com to great success)

Jiffy Lube once removed my air filter and neglected to replace it. Debris ended up taking out the mass air flow sensor. Bastards. They ultimately ended up covering the repairs but I've never been back.

I like to think I've gotten a lot smarter about cars since these things happened.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Take it out of her hands. Get a roomba.

Reaction Score
I drove an older Audi once and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Things may have changed, but back then it was a $400 fix about every month until I sold it. Bought a 2002 Subaru Forester that runs great--has 170K and never had a problem since day one.

I'm going to vote this one down. My A6 is a phenomenal vehicle in all respects, though I will vouch for the Subaru. Owned three of them and been very happy with each.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I had a 98 forester I thought would last forever until the head gasket went at 160k. Then I read online that most 98-02 have head gasket issues between 155-175k. Good luck to Phil.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I've said it before . Anyone that lives in the greater new haven area or tri state area that eats pizza from Pizza Hut , Papa Johns , Little Ceasers or Dominos
Should be arrested and fined. Most of our two star pizza spots are significantly better than those places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom