OT- Peyton | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT- Peyton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Peyton haters can probably STFU right now, he may not be the most clutch qb ever but he's still awesome.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The word "hater" in a sport's debate might be the stupidest thing going. But by all means, keep at it.

Peyton's body is shot, but he's rocket scientist on a football field. Put another QB's brain into that body and it wouldn't be in the league right now.

Reaction Score
Im mostly referring to the people who say he should give it up and that he's done, it seems when guys get older everyone wants to push him out the door. Gotta appreciate watching greatness when its still on the field because he won't be there much longer. Ill take a 39 year old Peyton over Matt Stafford any day. Gotta give the Broncos D credit though they are legit which should help out Peyton a lot at his age he won't feel as much pressure to score a bunch of points.

Reaction Score
Im mostly referring to the people who say he should give it up and that he's done, it seems when guys get older everyone wants to push him out the door. Gotta appreciate watching greatness when its still on the field because he won't be there much longer. Ill take a 39 year old Peyton over Matt Stafford any day. Gotta give the Broncos D credit though they are legit which should help out Peyton a lot at his age he won't feel as much pressure to score a bunch of points.

It was a nice night by Peyton but the Lions stink. Every duck he throws downfield looks like it's taking every ounce of his strength. It's going to get ugly for him when the temperature starts to drop.

Reaction Score
It was a nice night by Peyton but the Lions stink. Every duck he throws downfield looks like it's taking every ounce of his strength. It's going to get ugly for him when the temperature starts to drop.

Maybe so but I didnt make an end of season prediction, regular season wise he should be fine. Matt Stafford is a stats compiler and doesn't win big games in the regular season let alone the playoffs, Peyton is constantly measured against Brady, and the other all time greats. He always puts his team in the playoffs, what he does from there is a different story but just about any franchise would take it you think the Browns or Raiders wouldn't take it?

Reaction Score

Yeah but it was a good day for Tyrod Taylor too but the Dolphins stink. Good day for Brady but the Jags stink. Pretty much can say that quite often during a given Sunday. He played pretty well for an old man who looks to be done at times, can't just leave it at that?

Reaction Score
I'm a Broncos fan, so you can take my biased opinion with a grain of salt.

I'll live and die with Peyton until he is ready to call it a quits. It's obvious he is not what he used to be, but I'll still take him over the majority of the qbs in the league. I also think Kubiak made too many design changes to the offensive scheme and they don't jive with the personnel / capabilities of what Manning can do right now. I expect the offense to look better in the next few weeks as they adjust.

With all that said if Denver wins a Super Bowl it will be on the backs of it's Defense. They don't need Peyton to be the Peyton of two years ago. The defense is solid enough to win games with just quality offensive output and ball control.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Yeah but it was a good day for Tyrod Taylor too but the Dolphins stink. Good day for Brady but the Jags stink. Pretty much can say that quite often during a given Sunday. He played pretty well for an old man who looks to be done at times, can't just leave it at that?

Just an observation mau, relax.

Reaction Score
Denvers defense has looked very strong since the first preseason game, but I'll reserve judgment until after Green Bay and New England come to town. Let's see how they do against the top tier teams.

Their O line is also getting blown up on every play and the running game is non existent so far. Hopefully they can sort that out.

Reaction Score
I do think its good to have early season games where you struggle a little bit as opposed to putting up gaudy stats and score 50 plus points.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I do think its good to have early season games where you struggle a little bit as opposed to putting up gaudy stats and score 50 plus points.

Might be just me, but I'd rather put up 50 against all comers.

Reaction Score
Might be just me, but I'd rather put up 50 against all comers.
[QUOTE="intlzncster, post: 14

I get you there but your not gonna score 50 plus in the playoffs are you. How much better did the pats get after they got their asses kicked against the Chiefs last year.

Reaction Score
I get you there but your not gonna score 50 plus in the playoffs are you. How much better did the pats get after they got their asses kicked against the Chiefs last year.

That may be the case, but the teams that score the most points in the playoffs are generally the teams that scored the most points during the regular season. There's no rational basis for not wanting your team to score a lot of points in any game.

Reaction Score
That may be the case, but the teams that score the most points in the playoffs are generally the teams that scored the most points during the regular season. There's no rational basis for not wanting your team to score a lot of points in any game.

If you're friends with this guy, you might not want him to have a heart attack:

guy1.jpg

Reaction Score
I never cared about deflategate. Spygate never really bothered me; but Brady loses all respect after endorsing Donald Trump.
Excuse me, should he be endorsing Hillary or Bernie to get your respect? To me, I don't care if Brady endorsed Donald Trump or Ted Cruz and I don't care if the Hollywood people endorsed Hillary or Bernie...

Reaction Score
i just find it funny how quickly the "peyton never had a good team around him, peyton never had a good d" arguments die as soon as factual data derails someone's perceptions.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No, Peyton always had all star level support.
Brady plays with kids from high school.

Reaction Score
It kind of makes me laugh that people want to tear down a good player simply as a talking point, but they chose a guy who's on a 3-0 team with wins over 3 quality teams.

Peyton will be fine. The problems he's had are largely because of Gary Kubiak's stubborn insistence on using his own offensive system. Once the chains are taken off the shotgun/no huddle offense the Broncos have been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom