OT: Pats-Colts | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats-Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fans like this make people hate Pats fans (they are not all this bad).

The whole "But but but but everyone did it!!! Waaaaaaah" excuse is so pathetic.

Man up, admit you cheated, do not blame others for YOUR actions, take your lumps like a man and move on.

My actions? What actions?

You know what's silly Jerry. You. I respond to someone who says, "Once a cheater, always a cheater." Belichick has coached in the NFL for many years, a lot of different teams. Most of the fans responding here are Giants fans. The hallowed saint of the Giants, Bill Parcells, used to order the end zone doors open so a wind could blow through when the opposition was going that way, during key moments in the game.

If you're going to say, "Once a cheater," you have to stick by it.

Reaction Score
I love how you are trying to claim all these people and teams are cheating, but the only team that keeps getting caught is the Pats.

I never said those teams were cheating. I said they were manipulating the ball beyond guidelines. And, it's not me saying it, it's the guy manipulating the ball beyond guidelines.

Reaction Score
The hallowed saint of the Giants, Bill Parcells, used to order the end zone doors open so a wind could blow through when the opposition was going that way, during key moments in the game.

HAHAHAHAHA. Did you ever go to a game at the old Giants stadium? I went to many, if you think opening a couple small doors had any affect you are delusional, if it even happened at all.

Reaction Score
My actions? What actions?

You know what's silly Jerry. You. I respond to someone who says, "Once a cheater, always a cheater." Belichick has coached in the NFL for many years, a lot of different teams. Most of the fans responding here are Giants fans. The hallowed saint of the Giants, Bill Parcells, used to order the end zone doors open so a wind could blow through when the opposition was going that way, during key moments in the game.

If Bill Parcels get sanctioned for cheating for spying during his time as a Giant then I, as a Giants fan, will admit we cheated and act like a man. Not point a finger at everyone else and hide behind the "everyone else does it" excuse.

But keeping saying everyone else does it or the hilarious Matt Lienhart does not care stuff. You look foolish.

Reaction Score
I never said those teams were cheating. I said they were manipulating the ball beyond guidelines. And, it's not me saying it, it's the guy manipulating the ball beyond guidelines.

Back then, Parcells used to film offensive signals too!

Oh, someone must be posting on your account then. Do you have any proof of this by the way?

Reaction Score
If Bill Parcels get sanctioned for cheating for spying during his time as a Giant then I, as a Giants fan, will admit we cheated and act like a man. Not point a finger at everyone else and hide behind the "everyone else does it" excuse.

But keeping saying everyone else does it or the hilarious Matt Lienhart does not care stuff. You look foolish.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1999-01-08/sports/9901081036_1_tom-coughlin-jaguars-bill-parcells

But when two buddies play each other, well, that is where a coaching friendship gets dicey. Coughlin knows all of Parcells' tricks, and Parcells knows Coughlin well. In fact, Coughlin remembered how the wind increases at Giants Stadium after a gate under the tunnel near the west end zone is lifted. When Coughlin was coaching in New York, and an opponent would try a field goal, that door would mysteriously find its way open, increasing the vortex of wind.

"I'll be looking for that one," Coughlin said with a smile.

I never said that everyone does it because I wouldn't know. We don't even know that the Patriots did it. What I did say was that none of this bothered anyone when it was announced on national TV that Aaron Rodgers goes beyond the inflation guidelines and more often than not, the officials don't bother to correct it.

The only difference here is that it's the Patriots and that he Colts complained.

That's it.

Again, you're not owning your comment about Belichick always being a cheater.

Reaction Score
Back then, Parcells used to film offensive signals too!

Oh, someone must be posting on your account then. Do you have any proof of this by the way?

No.

Just saying, some people are always cheaters, their whole lives, and they befriend cheaters, and coach with cheaters, and they have cheater orgies.

Reaction Score
HAHAHAHAHA. Did you ever go to a game at the old Giants stadium? I went to many, if you think opening a couple small doors had any affect you are delusional, if it even happened at all.

There are delusional Giants coaches out there then, including the current one, Tom Coughlin. Read my response to Jerry above.

Reaction Score
There are delusional Giants coaches out there then, including the current one, Tom Coughlin. Read my response to Jerry above.
Wow, you are farther out there than I thought. I should not equate most Pats fan to you, they are a lot more rational and understanding of facts then you.

Anytime you want to send over Parcells being sanctioned by the league for spying let me know.

Reaction Score
Why? Because you're a UConn fan but not a Pats fan?

No, I don't think Calhoun is slimy or tries to skirt the rules anywhere near as much as Belichick does. But the way the media hates him and overblows everything he does is similar.

I find it ironic that UConn fans can't seem to recognize that.
Because I think dumb recruiting violations and Apr issues that don't affect the game at all should not be compared to a coach who knowingly allowed spying other teams practices and now maybe knowingly allowed deflated balls to get an upper hand in the game played. and the media doesn't hate on Belicheck at all they more a less say he is the greatest coach of all time and have never heard about them talk about the spy hate since that time period

Reaction Score
Wow, you are farther out there than I thought. I should not equate most Pats fan to you, they are a lot more rational and understanding of facts then you.

Anytime you want to send over Parcells being sanctioned by the league for spying let me know.

Cheaters are always cheaters. Own it.

Reaction Score
Because I think dumb recruiting violations and Apr issues that don't affect the game at all should not be compared to a coach who knowingly allowed spying other teams practices and now maybe knowingly allowed deflated balls to get an upper hand in the game played. and the media doesn't hate on Belicheck at all they more a less say he is the greatest coach of all time and have never heard about them talk about the spy hate since that time period

"to a coach who knowingly allowed spying other teams practices"

Huh? When did this happen?

Reaction Score
Oh, do I really need to say that you wrote the Patriots tampered with the balls after the refs handed them to the ballboys 1 minute before the start of the game? I need to say that? I just let it go that you're making stuff up.

I'll also note that you didn't dispute my assertion that you don't care about Aaron Rodgers doing it, or the Vikings, or the Titans, or now a chorus of other voices like Brad Johnson, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Leinhart, and 6 NFL head coaches down at the Senior Bowl, as the Wall Street Journal reported.
The Aaron Rodgers case is completely different. If you actually listened to what he said he complained how he likes the ball to be over inflated and gets mad because the refs won't allow it and put it back to NFL standard weight. He said he is pretty much the only QB who like an over inflated ball because he likes the grip of it and also said that he understands the rule of not allowing under inflated balls because they have an affect on catching the ball but doesn't understand why he can't overinflate it when it doesn't help you at all

Reaction Score
"to a coach who knowingly allowed spying other teams practices"

Huh? When did this happen?
Alright then you know what I mean but I'll rephrase just for you how about knowingly spying on defensive signals during a game better?

Reaction Score

Recruiting violations and APR problems do impact the game.

Reaction Score
Alright then you know what I mean but I'll rephrase just for you how about knowingly spying on defensive signals during a game better?

He definitely knew it. He had a big ass camera right there on the sideline for everyone to see.

Reaction Score
Recruiting violations and APR problems do impact the game.
Really? Explain how a recruit that never played a minute in a UConn uniform helped the huskies win games in any way followed by how school performance affected the teams sucres on the bball court

Reaction Score
He definitely knew it. He had a big ass camera right there on the sideline for everyone to see.
Oh noooo he didn't know at all they just fined him half a mil purely on speculation...

Reaction Score
Really? Explain how a recruit that never played a minute in a UConn uniform helped the huskies win games in any way followed by how school performance affected the teams sucres on the bball court

You're talking about Nate Miles, I'm not. I'm talking about a kid that is brought to a school via recruiting violations in general. THAT impacts the games.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Does anyone know or care about the concept of a"de minimis" infraction?

Sounds a lot like getting stopped for doing 28mph in a 25 zone.

And I know that making a statement like that makes me a "lawbreaker". And I know that "once a lawbreaker, always a lawbreaker".

And the worst part...I am not even a Pats fan!

Just a self confessed, perpetual lawbreaker.

Unlike so many others around here......

Reaction Score
You're talking about Nate Miles, I'm not. I'm talking about a kid that is brought to a school via recruiting violations in general. THAT impacts the games.
Yes im talking about Uconn Jim Calhoun specifically but yes other teams recruiting violations normally do impact the game like faking Derick Rose SAT scores to play at memphis

Reaction Score
This thread is a testament to the emotional pull of sports. Otherwise rational people sounding like complete lunatics.

Incidentally, it is absolutely true that the only reason this story has legs is because the Pats are dominant. If it was the Jets no one would care. Hell, the Jets DID get caught illegally taping and no one cared and no one calls them "cheaters" because who the ____ cares about a cheater that never wins.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know or care about the concept of a"de minimis" infraction?

Sounds a lot like getting stopped for doing 28mph in a 25 zone.

And I know that making a statement like that makes me a "lawbreaker". And I know that "once a lawbreaker, always a lawbreaker".

And the worst part...I am not even a Pats fan!

Just a self confessed, perpetual lawbreaker.

Unlike so many others around here.

Kevin ClarkVerified account‏@KevinClarkWSJ 3h3 hours ago
NFL head coaches here at Senior Bowl seem downright offended that people think this deflation stuff is a big deal.

It's funny that quarterbacks and coaches from around the league think this is much ado about nothing.

This is like a hitter rubbing out the back line of the batter's box to get another 4 inch advantage on a pitched ball.

Reaction Score
Did the Patriots cheat? Hell yeah! Damn right they cheated! What about it, Indy? Are you going to cry now? They always cheat! They cheated when they ran the ineligible receiver play. They cheated when they messed with the clock in the 2011 championship game. They jam your quarterback’s radio. Videotape your signals. And you’re damn right they figured out a way to let the air out of balls with the whole world watching. What are you going to do about it, NFL? Cancel the SuperBowl? Send the Colts and be a laughingstock? There’s nothing you can do except sit back helplessly and watch the most hated team in all of sports win a trophy they’ll all call “tainted” but will look exactly like the trophy everyone else has ever won and no one in the six New England states (minus parts of Connecticut) will care. We cheat, but we cheat to win and nobody can stop us! Deflate that America!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom