New-York-Giants-Super-Bowl-Trophies-June-14-2012.jpg

Times the NFL have sanctioned the Giants for cheating - 0

Carry on.

Reaction Score
New-York-Giants-Super-Bowl-Trophies-June-14-2012.jpg

Times the NFL have sanctioned the Giants for cheating - 0

Carry on.

I see.

Times UConn has been sanctioned for poor academics: 1.

How many P5 schools received postseason bans for poor academics or violations? 0.

That must mean UConn is the only school in America with awful academics.

Regardless, I agree with you: Cheaters are always cheaters: Belichick, Parcells.

Reaction Score
I see.

Times UConn has been sanctioned for poor academics: 1.

How many P5 schools received postseason bans for poor academics or violations? 0.

That must mean UConn is the only school in America with awful academics.

Regardless, I agree with you: Cheaters are always cheaters: Belichick, Parcells.
Holy moley, it only took 5,000 posts but you finally admitted Belichick is a cheater.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
Holy moley, it only took 5,000 posts but you finally admitted Belichick is a cheater.

He's a cheater! Sound more like an eight year old. You can't.

Reaction Score
My team has won two since yours last won, I am fine.

I very well know that. I'm talking about absolute fantasies and impossibilities of the future. Also, you're apparently not fine

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Upstater - how could you possibly care this much if people think the Patriots cheated?

Reaction Score
Upstater - how could you possibly care this much if people think the Patriots cheated?

Like a car wreck, can't turn head aside from twisted metal, err, logic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Like a car wreck, can't turn head aside from twisted metal, err, logic.

I don't really care who wins in the NFL but if UConn could win a game by letting the air out of the ball I'd volunteer to deflate myself.

Then I'd call Feinbaum, and after explaining to him who UConn is I'd brag about it.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Patriots fan. I think this "Deflate-gate" is absurdly overblown.

But can we just admit that the Patriots broke the rules. It didn't affect the outcome. It's overblown. But it happened.

It doesn't particularly matter that other teams may have done it.

Reaction Score
Speaking of the Jets, "spy gate" is nothing more than a device fans of teams like the Jets use to tell themselves that if their team cheated like the Pats did they'd be successful too but they do things the "right way."
We Giants fans on the other hand just laugh at the Patriots that much harder

Pats are like UK: pretty dominant overall, but you know some shady got them there, and their fans are the second most obnoxious and egregious fans in the respective sport (New England is second to Filthadelphia, UK second to Cuse)
Giants are like UConn: not nearly consistently dominant season-to-season, but every now and then you put good years together and make things happen at the right time

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't really care who wins in the NFL but if UConn could win a game by letting the air out of the ball I'd volunteer to deflate myself.

Then I'd call Feinbaum, and after explaining to him who UConn is I'd brag about it.

Having been through Spygate, it doesn't work that way. Goodell is an idiot.

Reaction Score
We Giants fans on the other hand just laugh at the Patriots that much harder

Pats are like UK: pretty dominant overall, but you know some shady got them there, and their fans are the second most obnoxious and egregious fans in the respective sport (New England is second to Filthadelphia, UK second to Cuse)
Giants are like UConn: not nearly consistently dominant season-to-season, but every now and then you put good years together and make things happen at the right time

Don't forget, the Giants are shady.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Having been through Spygate, it doesn't work that way. Goodell is an idiot.

Oh so your passionate defense on the Boneyard is going to sway Goddell. Now I understand.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think a psi of 12.5 minus 2 psiis a 16% drop in pressure, Significant.

This is like Dick Nixon breaking the law to fix an election he won by a landslide. Totally unnecessary. But that is totally irrelevant. Rules are the boundaries for competition. When you break them it is cheating whether it affects outcomes or not. Whether you think the rule is stupid or not. (Some of you sound like teens when dealing with a consequence to a rule they find inconvenient)
So it looks like the Pats broke the rules again regardless of the fact that they din't need to. And I'll risk my life here to say, it also doesn't matter if Nate Miles ever played or not. Outcome is irrelevant as is screaming "All the other kids do it and they don't get punished!"

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I never said those teams were cheating. I said they were manipulating the ball beyond guidelines. And, it's not me saying it, it's the guy manipulating the ball beyond guidelines.
First of all, I don't really care a rats ass that the balls were under inflated. But how the hell do you draw a distinction between 'cheating' and 'manipulating the ball beyond the guidelines'? Just because you made up a new term for cheating does not mean it's not cheating.

This is actually one of the most amazing justifications I've ever seen on the boneyard topping 'See I told you they would get hammered with sanctions' only after the APR came about having nothing to do with the recruiting violations and 'Stanley does not have Big East athleticism' because he didn't have a great handle.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm not a Patriots fan so much as I love watching history being made.
This stuff is awesome.
I'm right there with you on this - I love history being made: Ray Allen breaking the three point record and hopefully getting over 3000 threes (this has to happen soon), UConn women breaking the consecutive win record (only time I watched womens bball outside the really big games), college running backs breaking single game rushing records twice this year, Peyton breaking the yardage record and TD records. I love watching records getting beat and new 'unbeatable' records being established. I really like seeing history being made and remade.

Reaction Score
First of all, I don't really care a rats ass that the balls were under inflated. But how the hell do you draw a distinction between 'cheating' and 'manipulating the ball beyond the guidelines'? Just because you made up a new term for cheating does not mean it's not cheating.

This is actually one of the most amazing justifications I've ever seen on the boneyard topping 'See I told you they would get hammered with sanctions' only after the APR came about having nothing to do with the recruiting violations and 'Stanley does not have Big East athleticism' because he didn't have a great handle.

Because the guys manipulating the balls then give them to the referees who more than often don't bother to adjust the balls. So for Aaron Rodgers to say he takes the ball outside the guidelines because he knows the NFL refs will not adjust the ball most of the time. That's not cheating if he's taking advantage of the refs wide latitude.

There are lots of rules out there. If you think people aren't falling afoul of them in similar fashion all the time, I don't know what to tell you. I don't get hung up either on this when Calhoun gets accused of cheating for too many phone calls, esp. since at the end of the day, they were just a few over their allotment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom