OT: National Dog Day (August 26) Your favorite kinds are? | The Boneyard

OT: National Dog Day (August 26) Your favorite kinds are?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
ca911fdb40666b0f6d4925a31a110704--west-highland-white-terrier-westie-dog.jpg

Yes today is National Dog Day......... how about we use this thread to celebrate them.... feel free to post pics of your pooch........ or tell us about them...... or mention some of your favorite breeds.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
We recently became a dog house with a Great Dane who was born on April 2. The poor guy has had some difficult health challenges – my wife can recite their actual names, I just call them the $6k and counting maladies. All of the challenges that he faced with amazing resilience and good nature only make us love him even more. Well, the humans anyway. The cats are still adjusting to no longer ruling the roost.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I am guardian to eight Golden Retrievers and cannot imagine life without canine companionship. The pack is comprised of 13-year-old sisters, three of their daughters, ages 7, 8, and 9, a 6-year-old stud (icon photo) and two of his offspring, a male and a female, from the March 17, 2017 litter. They are all AKC champions--it's a minor business of mine--including both 17-month adolescents who earned their championship credentials this summer, but I've had mixed breeds and numerous canines who I didn't show and I didn't love them any less.

Congratulations to all who have opened their hearts and homes to these loyal and loving creatures. May all your four-legged family members live long, happy and healthy lives.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Me, I've had 5 purebred German Shepards and they were all great. But the best dog for me is "the Rescue Mutt". Emphasis on the mutt, though the rescue can be important because they seem to know you were their hero and they never forget. The "mutt" portion can often mean your dog will be healthy and live longer than the purebred cousins, who have had genetic weaknesses intensified by the "pure" breeding and the AKC's breed standards. Got two rescues with me now , they have the couches, I have my chair. We are watching The Godfather. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A friend of mine just got a Samoyed puppy and it is ADORABLE:
View attachment 33943

First dog we got in our marriage. BoBo was his nameo ... he liked to get out and find offal or poop to rub in ... other than that a great dog. Sadly, the wife had it with the whole roll in merde thing and we found him a family who sent us a Christmas card a year thanking us for BoBo.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
626413C6-CE42-4B0C-8B1B-35D2D8478AE5.jpeg

My guy is a Great Dane/Boxer mix. He is 1.5 years old and is a fabulous dog. ( I have never had either of these breeds). He has the gentleness and love of a Dane ( loves kids, other animals, people in general), sits in your lap, and is an overall loverbug, combined with the energy, playfulness of a boxer.

Meet my 100lb boy, Hagrid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom