OT: National Dog Day (August 26) Your favorite kinds are? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: National Dog Day (August 26) Your favorite kinds are?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
feel free to post pics of your pooch... or tell us about them. or mention some of your favorite breeds.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
What's wrong with ketchup on a hot dog??? :confused:
Clint says it’s a disgusting habit and I agree with him. Mustard=Hot Dogs; Ketchup =Hamburgers and do not mix the two! :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Clint says it’s a disgusting habit and I agree with him. Mustard=Hot Dogs; Ketchup =Hamburgers and do not mix the two! :rolleyes:

I tried not to go on a food tangent, but you guys forced my hand... :oops: Ketchup on a hamburger is another no-no in my household (of one).....The only thing ketchup is good for is to occasionally use on french fries, shredded hash browns, or home fries. Even then, mayo, tartar sauce, ranch, or thousand island dressing is preferable

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Mustard, Ketchup and do not mix the two! :rolleyes:

That law may hold for those posh and proper enough to indulge in it, but...
Once upon a time, long away and far ago....
There was a student—yo mismo, a.k.a., me, myself—who barely had two buffalo nickels to rub together. He was hungry. There was a White Castle, purveying what they called 'hamburgers', assortd mystery meat and varied insect and rodent body parts, at the princely sum of 17¢ apiece. To avoid serious offense to the taste buds, those fine delicacies were doused in ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, salt and pepper. Even under all those culinary disguises, White Castle burgers were gagworthy. But it was food, it was Baltimore, it was cold and damp, and your scribe was a poor grad student.

Yeah, mustard and ketchup mix well at times. Context is everything.

Today, I limit toppings to good dark mustard and horseradish on burgers, and save the ketchup for steak fries. The limey side of the family infects everything with mayo, so they are hors de combat.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I tried not to go on a food tangent, but you guys forced my hand... :oops: Ketchup on a hamburger is another no-no in my household (of one).....The only thing ketchup is good for is to occasionally use on french fries, shredded hash browns, or home fries. Even then, mayo, tartar sauce, ranch, or thousand island dressing is preferable
I was gonna say, “Man, do you have a lot of issues” but then I saw a mirror and, well, you know, “pot, kettle...” I will just say I did have a couple of real live dogs when I was a kid growing up, a Collie and a little mutt that I don’t think we ever did find out what kind he was. Mostly I remember the whiffle ball games in my back yard and me stepping in their.... trying to catch a batted ball far too many times than I wanted to remember. I guess I just proved my point. :confused:

Reaction Score

You had me up to that point..... :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the only thing good on Hash Browns is Tony Cachere.

I admit it has always been ketchup and mustard on hamburgers but I have lately switched to mayochup

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yea, that is one of the wrongest things there is. Head bang

Reaction Score
I don't know that it's my favorite breed, but we got a Dandie Dinmont as a rescue years ago and he is the sweetest dog imaginable. They are not easy to find, but fun to look at.

Reaction Score
Do not presently have a dog. But best dog we ever had was a Norwegian Elkhound. Very smart, did some Lassie saving life stuff.

This is a stock photo, ours (Buffy) was actually buff/tan colored.

Norwegian-Elkhound.jpg

Years ago we had a neighbor who owned an elkhound who lived by a school bus stop. She used to steal the kids lunches. A sweet dog never the less.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom