OT - Multiple sources reporting investigation of Patriots | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT - Multiple sources reporting investigation of Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Back on topic, the Patriots cheat. Everyone and their mother knew the Colts had no business in the AFC title game and the Patriots would hammer them but that wasn't good enough for Belichick, he needed another advantage. There is some serious insecurity when you are cheating even when you know you should destroy the team you're playing.

Boom.

Done.

Nothing more to add.

Reaction Score
Back on topic, the Patriots cheat. Everyone and their mother knew the Colts had no business in the AFC title game and the Patriots would hammer them but that wasn't good enough for Belichick, he needed another advantage. There is some serious insecurity when you are cheating even when you know you should destroy the team you're playing.
Read the rules. Just like Baltimore should have done. The Pats are starting to feel like UConn. Getting screwed for anything and everything anyone can think of.

Reaction Score
I love how Brady told the Ravens to read the rule book after the divisional game, he and the Pats must be illiterate then I guess. Hey Mr. Gisele, take your own advice.

Reaction Score
The article doesn't look good for the Pats, but isn't very clear. If the footballs were inflated to 12.5 lbs before the game I'd expect all 12 to drop below that threshold on the field, but only by about 3/4 of a pound due to temperature. Some might lose additional air due to use. However, the article talks about 2 lbs. Were they all 2 lbs short? If so, they are screwed. If it is a range from just a little up to 2 lbs then the answer is less clear.

I wonder who is leaking this info and what his motivation is for doing it? Goodell's not running a very tight ship.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
You are clueless.

2. The point the other twit made about no assaults on UConn's campus was wrong. As for PSU being a personal playground for Sandusky, no. He pulled his stuff at 2nd Mile, at home, and at Clinton Cty School. This is why the rapist was acquitted of the 2002 shower thing at PSU, because the victim testified in pretrial that he was not assaulted that night (but he was raped multiple times in Sandusky's basement). This is also why the prosecution didn't bring the victim to testify during the actual trial.

I am assuming I am the Twit? Name calling hurts your arguement especially when I was attempting to have a serious back and forth - carry on with your processes.

Reaction Score
Pats fans here. But, this just pisses me off. As great a coach as HCB is, this garbage happens too often and shows a real lack of character. I don't care if he is the best coach of all time. It means nothing without honor and integrity.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If they did this in the Ravens game, it could have made a difference in the outcome. Obviously Brady had to know about this as well.

Reaction Score
Good lord you are beyond hope. You were the one saying Sandusky didn't do anything on campus. Just like you did in the thread on the basketball board you post things several times and then accuse other people of posting these thoughts. It's a pretty effed up tactic on your part, you even said in one post that UConn had a child rapist football coach. It's impossible to continue this or any arguments further with you because you twist everything around to fit your bizarre rationale. For like the fifth time Sandusky molested kids on campus as myself and several others have posted. You were the person to first bring up that Sandusky didn't molest any kids on campus and you have continually repeated it. Again, you come across as a huge creep.

I just gave you the counts against Sandusky in a link. That link proves you are NOT in command of the facts.
He didn't rape them on campus. It's totally irrelevant anyway. Who cares where these monsters rape kids?
You're the one making the distinction about where the rapes happen. I don't care. You are trying to deflect and excuse the rapes based on where they happen.
UConn football coach did/didn't rape kids? WTF are you talking about? We're talking about the UConn administration and a music teacher. You're deranged.

Reaction Score
The article doesn't look good for the Pats, but isn't very clear. If the footballs were inflated to 12.5 lbs before the game I'd expect all 12 to drop below that threshold on the field, but only by about 3/4 of a pound due to temperature. Some might lose additional air due to use. However, the article talks about 2 lbs. Were they all 2 lbs short? If so, they are screwed. If it is a range from just a little up to 2 lbs then the answer is less clear.

I wonder who is leaking this info and what his motivation is for doing it? Goodell's not running a very tight ship.

12.5 to 11.

Regardless, it's a non-issue unless someone did this during the game.

Because the refs have the balls until kickoff.

And, in the case of the AFCCG, the refs pumped the balls up when they discovered this during halftime. How did the second half go? And how in the world did the refs find this out at halftime, and yet in the 3rd quarter, we all saw how they had another underinflated ball on the field, and they had to switch it out?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Wow - some Patriot fans with their undies in a bunch - alot of defending for something they say wasnt cheating...

Reaction Score
If they did this in the Ravens game, it could have made a difference in the outcome. Obviously Brady had to know about this as well.

And the Ravens jumped in last night and said their balls in the kicking game were underinflated the week before.

The only problem here is, the kicking balls are called K balls, and they're not controlled by the ballboys or the teams, but by a referee. They are new balls that aren't scuffed up.

Why were they underinflated?

Reaction Score
Please don't lump us all in with upstater. I'm finding this whole scandal amusing.

uh, yes, I do too. Unless you don't think people are being haters. I think it's amusing, and they are haters. both are possible.

Reaction Score
As a Patriots fan, I honestly have no idea what to make of this. In a 45-7 game, slightly deflated balls have absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game. This would be a non-issue for any other team, but because of the team's recent history - it's the biggest atrocity the league has ever seen.

Reaction Score
According to ESPN, 11 of 12 balls that Patriots had under their control were well under league standards. Had no real impact on the game, maybe the pats would have won by just 21 instead of 35; but, the Pats, who had been caught before, are basically waving a big red flag in front of a bull. A major fine and loss of draft picks as a result of SpyGate clearly did not do much. Plus, what team would not give up some cash and a few draft picks to play in the Super Bowl? The only thing that the Hooded One cares about is winning. So, suspend him from the Super Bowl. That should get Coach Belichick's attention.

Reaction Score
According to ESPN, 11 of 12 balls that Patriots had under their control were well under league standards. Had no real impact on the game, maybe the pats would have won by just 21 instead of 35; but, the Pats, who had been caught before, are basically waving a big red flag in front of a bull. A major fine and loss of draft picks as a result of SpyGate clearly did not do much. Plus, what team would not give up some cash and a few draft picks to play in the Super Bowl? The only thing that the Hooded One cares about is winning. So, suspend him from the Super Bowl. That should get Coach Belichick's attention.

The balls were discovered before halftime and reinflated at halftime.

Reaction Score
Correct, the Pats out scored the Colts 28-0 after they inflated the balls at haft time.

Reaction Score
As a Patriots fan, I honestly have no idea what to make of this. In a 45-7 game, slightly deflated balls have absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game. This would be a non-issue for any other team, but because of the team's recent history - it's the biggest atrocity the league has ever seen.

Cheating is cheating regardless if it affected the outcome.

Reaction Score
Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning have to be absolutely thrilled that the NFL is now going to take over gameballs because of this.

Given what both have said in the media about the inflation of the balls they use, they have to be thrilled. And Peyton was credited as the one who pushed the NFL to allow teams to use balls that the QB prefers.

Reaction Score
Yes. This where Kraft has to make a decision whether Patriots Football is about winning the right way with integrity or just winning. The negative image being created will hit him in the pocket book as they loose fan base outside of the immediate geographic area. Nobody wants to support cheaters.

Reaction Score
Yes. This where Kraft has to make a decision whether Patriots Football is about winning the right way with integrity or just winning. The negative image being created will hit him in the pocket book as they loose fan base outside of the immediate geographic area. Nobody wants to support cheaters.

are you crazy? This might help them - East Coast Raiders.

Reaction Score

He should be more concerned with losing season ticket holders. How does a fanbase outside New England help him?

Reaction Score
I love my Pats, but this is just one too many times. The true greats play by the rules. Lombardi would have ripped somebody's throat out for even suggesting cheating. Its not about outcome. Its about integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom