OT Keurig Coffee Brewers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Keurig Coffee Brewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I buy these which they claim to be 97% biodegradable.

61IpQWLj8PL._SL1326_.jpg

Every order they include this little device so that they can be used in a 2.0. I don't have a 2.0 so I don't need them but if you do you need one of these little thingys.
keurig_adaptor.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I buy these which they claim to be 97% biodegradable.

61IpQWLj8PL._SL1326_.jpg

Every order they include this little device so that they can be used in a 2.0. I don't have a 2.0 so I don't need them but if you do you need one of these little thingys.
keurig_adaptor.jpg

Ah, I read a pretty heated attack on Keurig about this a week or two ago. It also said you needed a modification in order to use Keurig's own Loose Ground Roast Coffee Receptacle. Article suggested it was a demonstration of how heinously profitable the cups were that Keurig risked alienating a very large customer base to force cup buying.

Reaction Score
I side with this post. The K-cups are made of plastic, and that is never good. Problem is, folks like convenience. They don't want to measure out water, measure out coffee, but for me, it's worth it. I use a french press every morning. It makes perfect coffee, two cups, and the grounds can be used in a garden.

Foks, think of your environment before you purchase one of these...
Use the insert for ground coffee, then you won't need Kcups.

Reaction Score

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't worry about the environment. The earth is here to serve us. Once we use up all the resources, the space program will be our savior. We'll just blast off to another planet and find another pristine array of resources to serve our needs and proliferate our species. Besides, eventually, through orbit decay, earth will be sucked into the sun and incinerated. So, no worries, pollute to you're heart's content. It's all temporary.
Well I hope UCONN gets up there as one of the first so they can get (start) a good conference. Might be our only way out of the AAC. :cool:

Reaction Score
Don't worry about the environment. The earth is here to serve us. Once we use up all the resources, the space program will be our savior. We'll just blast off to another planet and find another pristine array of resources to serve our needs and proliferate our species. Besides, eventually, through orbit decay, earth will be sucked into the sun and incinerated. So, no worries, pollute to you're heart's content. It's all temporary.

I feel much better now, but I'm stickin' with my 14 cup Cuisinart dripper ...paper filters and all ;).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I just love my Melitta cone manual filter - takes surprisingly little time, is infinitely adjustable for strength and volume of coffee, and makes what I consider the best tasting coffee without grounds in the cup. And clean-up is swift. I've actually started traveling with a cone and paper filters so I can get good coffee wherever I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom