OT-Is Brady hurt? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT-Is Brady hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Spot on. How many sacks did Manning take just to avoid throwing the ball away errantly, risking interception. I thought that was impressive and certainly in-game management, it also shows he does not panic.

Weird, I thought this was one of the few things Brady did well yesterday. He managed to avoid some disastrous sacks by getting rid of the ball in the direction of receivers. And on the ground. Don't think he got an intentional grounding all game, even though there were guys in his grill in less than 2 seconds.

I guess that's the difference between playing from behind vs playing in front. Manning could afford to take sacks. Brady couldn't.

Reaction Score
Weird, I thought this was one of the few things Brady did well yesterday. He managed to avoid some disastrous sacks by getting rid of the ball in the direction of receivers. And on the ground. Don't think he got an intentional grounding all game, even though there were guys in his grill in less than 2 seconds.

I guess that's the difference between playing from behind vs playing in front. Manning could afford to take sacks. Brady couldn't.
Relax I was only talking about Manning. You can remove your Pat's gear, wash and store it away for next year.

Its all Broncos and Panther's now, unless you like the All Star Game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Relax I was only talking about Manning. You can remove your Pat's gear, wash and store it away for next year.

Its all Broncos and Panther's now, unless you like the All Star Game.

Why are you taking this as I'm offended or something? I'm completely unemotional about your post. I'm trying to talk football. You were trying to talk football. What's the problem? I was merely remarking on the differences in perspectives.

And for the record, I don't own any Pats gear. Nor any other sport gear. Not my style.

I'm glad you are excited about the Superbowl.

Reaction Score
Analysis huh:

They got a lot of crazy bad breaks or un-Patriotlike acts. I mean, no one is ever going to break Gostkowski's XP record. Insane that he missed an XP there. Stork committed a boneheaded personal foul just after Amendola returned a deep punt to midfield.

One thing that has always been true about the Patriots playing at Denver: it is a house of horrors. And the atmospheric effects are real. Back when I used to run 5 miles about 5 days a week, I went to Boulder and walked up the big hill to campus. I wasn't winded, but I was woozy and even nauseous.

I mean the extra point was the 1st Q plenty of time. They've been there plenty and got there early, have the best trainers in the world let's cut the "nauseous atmospheric affect" this is now nauseous, but entertaining. Can we hear about the boneheaded play the Bronco's RB made not picking up the ball which would have left you with 12 points?

I thought you didn't watch the game?

By the way, you don't think it's a bad break that Gostkowski missed an XP? A guy who missed his second XP of his career? A guy who hasn't missed since 2006? A guy with an NFL record that will never ever be broken?

The odds of Gost missing yesterday were infinitesmal. That is a bad break.

Reaction Score
Here's an expanded view of my vote from earlier in the thread:

Needs:
  • 3 OL: (1 guard; 1 OT; 1 Swiss Army knife); restructure Cannon (do not cut); practice squad Fleming again; cut Kline
  • WR: Restructure Amendola; 1 legit deep threat (this really needs to be fixed)
  • LB: 1 starting caliber

Those are really the only needs. They need to use a lot of cap space on Chandler Jones, Hightower, and Collins. Prob won't be able to keep all, unless some of them give a Gronk-type hometown discount.

They may be able to afford those 3 based on the Hernandez money coming off next year, Wilfork's money, Mayo getting cut, Cannon getting cut (Cannon makes $4m!!), the cap going up, dead money from the retirements. At the very least, sign 2 and franchise the 3rd. Also, cut LaFell. He makes good coin.

Reaction Score
Backup Tackle has to be a high priority. They can't let this happen again. Vollmer has proven injury prone as it is. Stork, Jackson and Mason should develop. The problem came because they had all young guys together in the middle of the line (even more so with Andrews). So a veteran guard would be a benefit while those guys improve.

RB will be interesting with Lewis. I like White as the 3rd down back. Bolden adds little, and Jackson isn't the answer. They need another young guy who can hit the hole fast and hard and break runs.

They don't need much, it's true. Chandler Jones contract will be interesting to watch.

Bolden will be back because of special teams. He just signed a decent contract.

Reaction Score
This makes no sense given my comment? That simply means I give a crap. It's the same way when I'm watching the UCONN men. It's an excruciating experience.

And your statement is backed by nothing either.

Jerry has always been a hater. His posts in this thread just prove it.

Reaction Score
I thought you didn't watch the game?

By the way, you don't think it's a bad break that Gostkowski missed an XP? A guy who missed his second XP of his career? A guy who hasn't missed since 2006? A guy with an NFL record that will never ever be broken?

The odds of Gost missing yesterday were infinitesmal. That is a bad break.

Is it a bad break, or did he gag? Not sure but he did miss and great teams overcome it especially when in the first quarter and there were ton's of possessions there after right? Was it stupid by the Denver RB not to grab the ball and fall on the lateral? What if's are abundant throughout the game, the key is to be ahead at the end.

Reaction Score
It is backed by attendance figures and years of living in Boston. I am not saying there are not great Pats fans, but they have the biggest fair weather fans I have ever encountered.

Back it with attendance figures then.

Go ahead.

When I went to Patriots games in the 1980s, they were always sold out. Granted this was after 1982.

In the 1990s when they went 1-15 under Rod Rust and Dick MacPherson, they had very poor attendance.

Since 1993, they have sold out and they have a season ticket waiting list.

Newsflash Jerry, the year is 2016. The Patriots have sold out the stadium for 23 years. Absurd to say fairweather fans when the stadium has sold out for 23 years. AND, it's also been sold out for all but 3 years since 1982. So 34 years have gone by, and they've had 3 years of poor attendance out of 34.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They may be able to afford those 3 based on the Hernandez money coming off next year, Wilfork's money, Mayo getting cut, Cannon getting cut (Cannon makes $4m!!), the cap going up, dead money from the retirements. At the very least, sign 2 and franchise the 3rd. Also, cut LaFell. He makes good coin.

I forgot about some of those guys money (Hernandez). We also save by not having a first round pick's contract! smh

Weird thing about Cannon. The Patriots view him as a starting caliber player; BB's said it multiple times and rewarded him with the requisite contract. I don't agree with their assessment. I think he's a very capable backup. I wouldn't cut him, just restructure that contract.

Def agree on LaFell cut. One thing I don't know is the structures of our contracts. Can we cut all of them and not incur additional cap charges--ie more than dead money?

Bolden will be back because of special teams. He just signed a decent contract.

Bolden is freaking awesome. Monster on all special teams units. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise. He's dangerous on pass plays, both short and long, when covered by a linebacker. And He can effectively fill in as lead back in a pinch. He's one of those great versatile players who aren't just ST only players. While they are def necessary, you try to keep as few of those guys as possible.

Reaction Score
Is it a bad break, or did he gag? Not sure but he did miss and great teams overcome it especially when in the first quarter and there were ton's of possessions there after right? Was it stupid by the Denver RB not to grab the ball and fall on the lateral? What if's are abundant throughout the game, the key is to be ahead at the end.

Did I say Denver didn't deserve to win? I can't understand your argument here. There is no what if. I am talking about strange things and breaks. Like Stork losing his head. Can't even remember the last time a Patriot did something like that. I am sure he will hear all about it.

As for Got gagging, he is clutch kicking game winning or late game field goals. Hard to believe anything psychological was at play in the very first quarter. He nailed kicks later on.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Both. It doesn't have to be either/or. Although I wouldn't call it a choke. Kickers miss. Ghost less than most, but it happens. The margin for error is generally so thin in the NFL. It's readily apparent, that a team needs a few breaks a long the way to win a championship. Every single team. Similar to NCAA tournament really. We got the break against Arizona in 2011 when that guy back rimmed his 3pter at the end.

I don't think it was as big a factor as upstater seems to think. But it was important. Brady's throw on the interception at his own 20 was the play of the game. imo

Reaction Score
I know you do not like facts or anything anti pats, you are a fanboy.

A hater is someone who looks at someone's 16 year career for one dumb thing they said, when that person gives multiple interviews (by NFL rule) week-after-week. Brady has given about 500 of those interviews and said something dumb once (wsan't even dumb at the time given they had the best offense in NFL history; it was only dumb after the fact).

You are the textbook definition of a hater.

Reaction Score
Both. It doesn't have to be either/or. Although I wouldn't call it a choke. Kickers miss. Ghost less than most, but it happens.

I don't think it was as big a factor as upstater seems to think. But it was important. Brady's throw on the interception at his own 20 was the play of the game. imo

I didn't even say it was a big factor. I actually just listed it as one of the weird things that went against the Patriots. An unexpected. Just like the Stork thing that really pissed me off.

Reaction Score
A hater is someone who looks at someone's 16 year career for one dumb thing they said, when that person gives multiple interviews (by NFL rule) week-after-week. Brady has given about 500 of those interviews and said something dumb once (wsan't even dumb at the time given they had the best offense in NFL history; it was only dumb after the fact).

You are the textbook definition of a hater.
And you are the textbook definition of a sad fanboy who cries anytime something anti pats is said and liters a thread with a millions posts about how amazing everything they do is, it is honestly cringe worthy the stuff you write about them. Open your eyes a little and look at thing objectively for the first time in your life.

I do not hate Brady, I do love that interview with him though because its funny, I respect the crap outta Brady.

Reaction Score
2008 vs NYG: 29 of 48 (60%) for 266 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT and 14 pts (and 5 sacks)
2012 vs NYG: 27 of 41 (66%) for 276 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT and 17 pts (and 2 sacks)
2014 vs Balt: 33 of 50 (66%) for 367 yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT and 35 pts (and 2 sacks) - He was hit 6 times.
2015 vs Seat: 37 of 50 (74%) for 328 yds, 4 TDs, 2 INT and 28 pts (and 1 sack) - He was hit 11 times.

Other than the 2008 game against the Giants, it doesn't appear he was hit or sacked nearly as much as you insinuate in your post.

They did a whole special on the 2012 game in which they talked about how hard he was getting hit. What are the numbers?

Same as last year with Michael Bennett. 11 times is not nothing. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/08/26/michael-bennett-quarterbacks-tom-brady/

They did put the heat on Brady last year, and Brady was hit hard.

Just listen to Justin Tuck and Strahan on this issue: http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/12/0...-of-new-rules-bradys-toughness-rgiiis-issues/

Or look at 1:05 of this, it's not even a sack but just a hard hit, and it came at a time when the Patriots were struggling and Brady was throwing interceptions. When Brady was getting hit and the offense was going nowhere, Richard Sherman was celebrating victory on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
And you are the textbook definition of a sad fanboy who cries anytime something anti pats is said and liters a thread with a millions posts about how amazing everything they do is, it is honestly cringe worthy the stuff you write about them. Open your eyes a little and look at thing objectively for the first time in your life.

I do not hate Brady, I do love that interview with him though because its funny, I respect the crap outta Brady.

Nothing I've written here is embarrassing in the least. You on the other hand make all sorts of claims you can't possibly defend, like attendance issues, and when you're called on it BY MULTIPLE posters you shrink away and pretend it never happened.

Reaction Score
Nothing I've written here is embarrassing in the least. You on the other hand make all sorts of claims you can't possibly defend, like attendance issues, and when you're called on it BY MULTIPLE posters you shrink away and pretend it never happened.
Who called me out other than you? Did the Pats not have a 17 game blackout streak? That is 2+ seasons.

There is a freaking book written about their bandwagon fans and attendance issues until they started winning. Read it.

I am glad you are not embarrassed being a fanboy, you should be though.

Reaction Score
Who called me out other than you? Did the Pats not have a 17 game blackout streak? That is 2+ seasons.

If you can't tell when people ask you to support your attendance claims, that means you can't read. It's in the thread. But as usual, you can't read.

Reaction Score

There is a freaking book written about their bandwagon fans and attendance issues until they started winning. Read it.

I am glad you are not embarrassed being a fanboy, you should be though.

You actually spent money on that book??? The one written by a bandwagon Vikings fan? That is funny stuff.

Did you complete the word search and connect the dots at the end of the book?

Reaction Score
If you can't tell when people ask you to support your attendance claims, that means you can't read. It's in the thread. But as usual, you can't read.
jesus you are lost, ignore the blackout streak, ignore it all, just keep being a fanboy. How about the 89 season where opening game they had 57k, by the end of the losing year their final game had 27k. 49k went a game in 84, 86 they got good 59k went a game, late 80s and early 90s the attendance was pathetc. 45k in 93, 38k in 92, so on and so on. The numbers are pitiful.

ill make it easy for you, the pats are the best, they do no wrong, their attendance has always been great, hernadez was framed, they rule. i dont want you to be upset so there you go.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bolden is freaking awesome. Monster on all special teams units. Not sure why anyone thinks otherwise. He's dangerous on pass plays, both short and long, when covered by a linebacker. And He can effectively fill in as lead back in a pinch. He's one of those great versatile players who aren't just ST only players. While they are def necessary, you try to keep as few of those guys as possible.

I mentioned Bolden as an RB. He's a nice depth player on special teams. He can't be allowed to become, as he briefly was, your lead RB. With Lewis returning from injury, Blount unlikely to return they need a new, young, lead back who can move the chains on 3rd and 2.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
jesus you are lost, ignore the blackout streak, ignore it all, just keep being a fanboy. How about the 89 season where opening game they had 57k, by the end of the losing year their final game had 27k. 49k went a game in 84, 86 they got good 59k went a game, late 80s and early 90s the attendance was pathetc. 45k in 93, 38k in 92, so on and so on. The numbers are pitiful.

ill make it easy for you, the pats are the best, they do no wrong, their attendance has always been great, hernadez was framed, they rule. i dont want you to be upset so there you go.

It hasn't always been great. But for the last 30+ years, which is not a short period of time, it has been superb. Several teams haven't even existed that long. That's a lifetime for some fans and many people on the board. There is no team, none, that is unaffected by fielding truly awful teams (including the UConn Huskies). Not the Red Sox, not the Yankees, Redskins nobody. Even the Cubs...who know losing better than most.

Saying that the Patriots have fair-weather fans based on 1989 is absurd. That stadium was so freaking miserable that having anyone show up in mid-winter to watch a bad team is pretty good. They don't have fair weather fans now.

Using the magic of Google, we see that the Giants (predictably) have the largest waiting list for season tickets, followed (predictably) by the Packers. Next are the Saints, Patriots and Denver (over 60,000). Half the teams have no waiting list. Many have a very small one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom