OT-Is Brady hurt? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT-Is Brady hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Game never should have been that close, Denver's safeties going out was huge. Game was kept close because Peyton missed two throws he should have made for touchdowns and Gronk is a freak. Brady had one great throw to him the other one he just threw it in the endzone and Gronk got it over two defenders because he is unguardable.
To be fair, that was just Peyton being Peyton. That's who he is now. He played better than I thought he would.

Reaction Score
This is what it's like to be a Pats fan. And people wonder why we have what they think is a persecution complex. Every single 'Pats Hater' (for lack of a better term--hate the word 'hater') loves to pile on ad nauseum at their slightest misstep. You can tell these guys instantly from the tone of their posts. They share so many tendencies of Syracuse fans, its laugh out loud funny.

I don't think you are seeing many Pats fans being irrational about the game.

I don't think most Patriot fans would care if it weren't for the very real impact of losing important draft picks due to the laws of physics doing what they do consistently. At the end of the day, it's about the very sore losers of the world figuring out a way to actually hurt the team that wins. And in the last year, the losers have achieved their aims. Which is why Patriots fans have a right to be pissed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't think most Patriot fans would care if it weren't for the very real impact of losing important draft picks due to the laws of physics doing what they do consistently. At the end of the day, it's about the very sore losers of the world figuring out a way to actually hurt the team that wins. And in the last year, the losers have achieved their aims. Which is why Patriots fans have a right to be pissed.

Oh, I agree. Fortunately, the Patriots are one of the few franchises that can absorb that blow without missing a beat. It sucks, but it won't dent the near/intermediate term success of the Pats. It mainly affects BBs 'stockpiling picks' strategy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
To be fair, that was just Peyton being Peyton. That's who he is now. He played better than I thought he would.

Yes, he didn't throw any INTs. That was the key for them. With their D, they cannot afford to give anybody a short field, because it is so hard to go 80 yards on them. Pat's D was tremendous and stuffed the Denver running game. The Brady picks essentially doomed New England, giving Denver points, since they couldn't really drive the length of the field either.

Belichick needs more depth on that OL this offseason. Hard to face the best D in the league with a 4th string RT. Of all the injuries this year (and there were tons), none hurt as much as Nate Solder.

Reaction Score
This is what it's like to be a Pats fan. And people wonder why we have what they think is a persecution complex. Every single 'Pats Hater' (for lack of a better term--hate the word 'hater') loves to pile on ad nauseum at their slightest misstep. You can tell these guys instantly from the tone of their posts. They share so many tendencies of Syracuse fans, its laugh out loud funny.

I don't think you are seeing many Pats fans being irrational about the game.
It was an enjoyable game, with the game on the line until the very end. I haven't enjoyed an NFL football game this way in years. Why must everything be made complicated?

Reaction Score
Nothing beats watching other teams lose, I guess.

I'm not talking about the game at all, hardly watched it in all honestly. But the whining and excuses is expected and entertaining what can I say?

Reaction Score
I'm not talking about the game at all, hardly watched it in all honestly. But the whining and excuses is expected and entertaining what can I say?

Excuses or analysis? I mean, you've never written a post about a UConn loss ?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
xfKP4tR.gif

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It was an enjoyable game, with the game on the line until the very end. I haven't enjoyed an NFL football game this way in years. Why must everything be made complicated?

OK, you are a different kind of Pats fan than me. That was one of the least enjoyable sporting events--throughout--that I've had in a long time. I don't enjoy most Pats' games unless they are up by 21+.

Reaction Score
Yeah ok. There wasn't much time after that missed extra point to win the game. Hey how about this one then since we're on the if's? If the Denver RB picks up the eventual lateral like he should have do you guys even get more than 12 points?
Pats had 3 quarters of football to make up 1 point. The didn't get it done.

Reaction Score
Yes, he didn't throw any INTs. That was the key for them. With their D, they cannot afford to give anybody a short field, because it is so hard to go 80 yards on them. Pat's D was tremendous and stuffed the Denver running game. The Brady picks essentially doomed New England, giving Denver points, since they couldn't really drive the length of the field either.

Belichick needs more depth on that OL this offseason. Hard to face the best D in the league with a 4th string RT. Of all the injuries this year (and there were tons), none hurt as much as Nate Solder.

Agree about Solder. That being said, you can't really do anything about it when you have injuries. Vollmer and Solder have big contracts. They are good. They won't be replaced. The young guards like Trey Jackson should develop and play well (Jackson has been out the last several games). Center has two young guys. So, I guess the one guard position is a question if you don't like Shaq Mason but the Patriots seem to think he has a lot of talent.

Upgrade the backups like Kline? Cut Cannon and Fleming? I would be in favor of all of that.

Then cut Chandler and find a real backup TE? Outside WR? A new running back?

It is good that the Patriots have their defensive issues solved for next season (with the possible exception of backup linebacker). Mayo might be cut or retire. other than that, the defensive lines and backfield are all set. The two main linebackers in Collins and Hightower are playing great.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Yep. That's what I was saying earlier in the thread. They had great OT depth to start the season, but it was more top heavy than I thought. Cannon is a great backup, not a starter in my mind. Vollmer is good, but was obviously hobbled by the high ankle sprain. He's also better at his natural RT position, not LT.

Also, don't underscore the loss of Damion Lewis. That was a bigger crusher at the end of the year than you realize. They had no running game, partially because they didn't have the dynamic multi purpose back that the Pats have always utilized to do significant damage (Faulk/Woodhead/Vereen/Lewis). White is a good player, but he struggles to run between the tackles.

Reaction Score
Excuses or analysis? I mean, you've never written a post about a UConn loss ?

Analysis huh:

They got a lot of crazy bad breaks or un-Patriotlike acts. I mean, no one is ever going to break Gostkowski's XP record. Insane that he missed an XP there. Stork committed a boneheaded personal foul just after Amendola returned a deep punt to midfield.

One thing that has always been true about the Patriots playing at Denver: it is a house of horrors. And the atmospheric effects are real. Back when I used to run 5 miles about 5 days a week, I went to Boulder and walked up the big hill to campus. I wasn't winded, but I was woozy and even nauseous.

I mean the extra point was the 1st Q plenty of time. They've been there plenty and got there early, have the best trainers in the world let's cut the "nauseous atmospheric affect" this is now nauseous, but entertaining. Can we hear about the boneheaded play the Bronco's RB made not picking up the ball which would have left you with 12 points?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Upgrade the backups like Kline? Cut Cannon and Fleming? I would be in favor of all of that.

It is good that the Patriots have their defensive issues solved for next season (with the possible exception of backup linebacker). Mayo might be cut or retire. other than that, the defensive lines and backfield are all set. The two main linebackers in Collins and Hightower are playing great.

Here's an expanded view of my vote from earlier in the thread:

Needs:
  • 3 OL: (1 guard; 1 OT; 1 Swiss Army knife); restructure Cannon (do not cut); practice squad Fleming again; cut Kline
  • WR: Restructure Amendola; 1 legit deep threat (this really needs to be fixed)
  • LB: 1 starting caliber

Those are really the only needs. They need to use a lot of cap space on Chandler Jones, Hightower, and Collins. Prob won't be able to keep all, unless some of them give a Gronk-type hometown discount.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OK, you are a different kind of Pats fan than me. That was one of the least enjoyable sporting events--throughout--that I've had in a long time. I don't enjoy most Pats' games unless they are up by 21+.
You sound like a UConn women's basketball fan.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree about Solder. That being said, you can't really do anything about it when you have injuries. Vollmer and Solder have big contracts. They are good. They won't be replaced. The young guards like Trey Jackson should develop and play well (Jackson has been out the last several games). Center has two young guys. So, I guess the one guard position is a question if you don't like Shaq Mason but the Patriots seem to think he has a lot of talent.

Backup Tackle has to be a high priority. They can't let this happen again. Vollmer has proven injury prone as it is. Stork, Jackson and Mason should develop. The problem came because they had all young guys together in the middle of the line (even more so with Andrews). So a veteran guard would be a benefit while those guys improve.

RB will be interesting with Lewis. I like White as the 3rd down back. Bolden adds little, and Jackson isn't the answer. They need another young guy who can hit the hole fast and hard and break runs.

They don't need much, it's true. Chandler Jones contract will be interesting to watch.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They got a lot of crazy bad breaks or un-Patriotlike acts. I mean, no one is ever going to break Gostkowski's XP record. Insane that he missed an XP there. Stork committed a boneheaded personal foul just after Amendola returned a deep punt to midfield.

Not saying the Gostowski extra point wasn't a big deal, but there was sooo much game left to be played. The Patriots poor play made it consequential, not the other way around.

But to be certain, you need breaks to win Championships. That's always the case. Giants->Tyree; Patriots->Tuck Rule. And the Gostowski miss was a break in Denver's direction. It's weird, because there was no wind, and Denver's an easy place to kick when there's no wind. He just shanked it. Oh well, I'll take Ghost as my kicker any day of the week. Sometimes guys fail.

The biggest and most consequential negative play of the game came from Brady. That under thrown interception at the Patriots 20 was an absolute shot in the foot. I had no problem with the read--it's a play he makes all the time, but he just threw it poorly. That changed the game like no other play. Again, best player on the team fails, that's the way it goes. I'll ride with him every day of the week.

One thing that has always been true about the Patriots playing at Denver: it is a house of horrors. And the atmospheric effects are real. Back when I used to run 5 miles about 5 days a week, I went to Boulder and walked up the big hill to campus. I wasn't winded, but I was woozy and even nauseous.

I've always said this was overrated. And I still maintain that is the case. But it does have more of an affect than I thought. Gronk was cramping up and dragging all of the game. He was getting his muscles worked on the sidelines for half the game. Had to come out of the game 5 minutes in the second half for water/breather. So it was a factor.

I think the biggest factor for a road team in Denver is the crowd. It's not the loudest stadium in the league, but time and again I see teams struggle with it in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
well there is no bigger fair weather fans than patriot fans so this is very fitting

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You sound like a UConn women's basketball fan.

The Patriots are as close to the football equivalent in the forced parity NFL as you are going to get. So it's to be expected.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
well there is no bigger fair weather fans than patriot fans so this is very fitting

This makes no sense given my comment? That simply means I give a crap. It's the same way when I'm watching the UCONN men. It's an excruciating experience.

And your statement is backed by nothing either.

Reaction Score
Simply put, Denver played better yesterday and were able to exploit a patchwork Patriots offensive line. Brady was under constant pressure and couldn't establish any sort of rhythm. Peyton did just enough and they were able to come away with this win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom