OT-Is Brady hurt? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT-Is Brady hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is on the O line. They looked like a turnstile all day. Like the Giants loss in 2007.

Reaction Score
This is on the O line. They looked like a turnstile all day. Like the Giants loss in 2007.
Yeah, sure. They could have been better. But nothing is easier in football than a PAT, and with a PAT they're in OT.

Reaction Score
They were playing against the best defense in the NFL. Brady never made the adjustment to release the ball quicker.

Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
Have to say besides the pass rush I doubt that. They've looked pretty horrid to me also.

This is how Denver wins. 7-2 in games vs teams in the playoffs. The d is that good.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah, sure. They could have been better. But nothing is easier in football than a PAT, and with a PAT they're in OT.

I suppose, but that was so early in the game. The only times they stopped von Miller was when they double teamed him. And even that wasn't a full proof plan.

Reaction Score
I get that the O-line was undermanned, but I didn't see much TE chipping or RB help. There are things you can at least try to compensate. And besides that, the Pats have been living on short Edelman and Amendola routes all year eventually opening up Gronk deep. They rode that offense compensating for a poor OL to a 2 seed, but the play calling wasn't enough and the strategy was shut down today. Denver's defense is really just that good, so give them some credit.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They were playing against the best defense in the NFL. Brady never made the adjustment to release the ball quicker.

Quicker? There was no possible way to release it quicker. They have good corners. You need a little time. Brady was moved off his spot damn near instantaneously

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This wasn't on Brady, Brady looked fine. It was on the O-Line. Multiple guys getting beat one-on-one every down. Credit to the Broncos defense. Absolutely stifling.

Reaction Score
Is this what we are going to be hearing from Patriot fans? The last patriot touchdown was a lucky wounded duck pass and Gronkowski didn't out jump anybody. The better team won.
????

True or false: If Gostowski hit a PAT that game went to OT.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I get that the O-line was undermanned, but I didn't see much TE chipping or RB help. There are things you can at least try to compensate. And besides that, the Pats have been living on short Edelman and Amendola routes all year eventually opening up Gronk deep. They rode that offense to a 2 seed, but it was shut down today. Denver's defense is really just that good, so give them some credit.

Yes, they are that good. And played the best I've seen them all year (about 8games or so) by far. But the front seven if Denver just murdered the Pats o line.

I agree w the RB/TE chipping/blocking. I though McDaniels called a pretty average game. And BBs adjustments at the half were uncharacteristically mediocre.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This wasn't on Brady, Brady looked fine. It was on the O-Line. Multiple guys getting beat one-on-one every down. Credit to the Broncos defense. Absolutely stifling.

At times, they were rushing in unimpeded.. With a blocker actively trying to block him. Insane.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Basically pick up three quality linemen.

The absence of Solder was more pronounced today than any time in the season.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Beli-choke. Two 4th downs avoidi g Gostkowski? Horrible.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
even crazier that Beli was the one behind the proposal to have the NFL move the kick back. Congrats Bill, you played yourself.

Never liked that call by Bill. I'd prefer 7 for a touchdown. With opportunity to go for a +/- 1 conversion attempt

Reaction Score
Tough to blame that one on Gostowski. The Patriots were just completely outclassed by Denver defensively. If their two starting safeties don't go down, I'm not sure that Patriots are in a position to tie that one late.

It was really crazy how quickly Denver's front four was getting to Brady. Miller and Ware got off so fast on a couple of those plays that it was almost as if they knew the snap count better than the Patriots.

As good as Miller was, Chris Harris might have been the MVP of that game. He had his way with Edlemen for the most part.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It was really crazy how quickly Denver's front four was getting to Brady. Miller and Ware got off so fast on a couple of those plays that it was almost as if they knew the snap count better than the Patriots.

As I said above, Miller, and to a lesser extent Ware, were by the O lineman before the lineman even moved.

Fleming and Cannon were absolutely abused in this game. You could tell cannon hadn't recovered from his injury, both because he was so slow to move and because he wasn't in the game enough. And Fleming is not a natural OT imo, so Miller ate him for lunch.

Kline didn't impress either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01