OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username? | The Boneyard

OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Many are obvious—such as the multiple variants of UC9904111417—but others suggest either a good story or an interesting personal statement.

Alternatively, is there any meaning behind your choice of avatar? (Mau, you don’t need to answer this question; and I agree, by the way.)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Escalators are for cowards: Kevin Ollie steals the show at Jim Calhoun's retirement party

"As I embark on this journey I want to just say we gonna take the stairs, and not the escalator, because escalators are for cowards. We gonna take the stairs, and we gonna get there one step at a time."

Re. avatar, Hilton was a) the first player I ever met in person, and b) the embodiment of what I look for in a player: patience and dedication to both the team and his craft.

Reaction Score
To me, "Hilton Units" is all about measuring the size of his heart and effort, not his height.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Submitted the user name "SimbaWalker" and it was not approved for some reason. So I went the more conservative route. UConn Grad + Hometown

Reaction Score
In the early 2000's I think my screen name was Husky something. The board had a move and I changed it to Thirty Three (it has nothing to do with Larry Bird). Old school Boneyarders know the deal.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
When I was a child and people asked my name and I said "Dennis" they would very often say Dennis the Menace and I hated it.
Later in life when people had any difficulty remembering my name (especially in a professional sense) I would say Dennis the Menace
followed by " Menace to Society" (before the movie) so I found that it was useful and brought some laughs. It kind of grew on me.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Lack of imagination. I had just taken up the drums way back in the early TOS board days and I am a guy (I think all the permutations were taken. "Ray" was taken and I couldn't think of anything else.

Should have probably been "ChangedMajors4Tinesandamluckyitonlytook5Years"!

Reaction Score
I'm on so many Internet forums, it becomes a case of "well, NOW what am I gonna call myself?" I went with the town in which my family settled when they arrived in America from Ireland.....

Reaction Score
Every time i cut myself, blue comes out.

The section said "tell us about yourself", so i wrote ibleedhuskyblue (my space bar was broken at the time). Turns out, i put it on the wrong line.

I don't even like UCONN. I'm a Marathon Oil alum. I look forward to that game annually. Some day my drillers will pull one out.

Reaction Score
Avatar is KO and Ray Allen chestbumping (more sidebumping I guess) during 2014-15 Midnight Madness. Username is the same username I've use everywhere on the interwebs for years. Plus, I like pancakes.

Reaction Score
I am Italian. The Palatine is neighborhood where Roman emperors lived. BTW, Palatine is the root of the word "palace."

My current avatar is a homage to the much underrated and often forgotten 2009 team.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Mine is obviously a reference to two things I enjoy. When I did a google image search for something like 'siberian husky beer' I was surprised that something usable actually turned up. No need for photoshop - it is just a husky floating in space drinking a beer. Of course that image existed. (The only downside is, it appears to be a green bottle.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom