OT: Grecian Fomula? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Grecian Fomula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My wife and I have an ongoing (40 plus year) "discussion" vis-a-vis my beard and her hair.
Terry: "I've put up with that beard for XX years. I never liked it. Aren't you supposed to groom yourself to appeal to me?"
Rich: "If we were supposed to groom ourselves for each other, why isn't your hair still down to your waist?"
Terry: "You know that's too much work to take care of every day."
Rich: "So is shaving."
Case closed. For another week or two, anyway.

#pimphandisstrong

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Last year I was 61 and and looking for a job for the first time in 33 years. My wife suggested using something for job interviews. I didn't but I could understand someone doing it for that reason. It can be hard to get a job over 50.
But if you use it to get the job and then show up au natural to start the job, that would be weird. Otherwise you are stuck coloring your hair until you retire.
I did get laid off twice in the past 6 years, at age 50+ so that did enter into the equation a couple of times. At this point I haven't bothered more than once or twice in 6 months, that Touch of Grey stuff just takes the whiteness down a notch. If I get a buzz cut in the summer there's nothing to really hold the dye.

What I find funny is the ads (maybe on the BY, I've seen them somewhere) where guys get a tattoo hairline done to replace the receding hair/stubble. I think Lebron did something like that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is that what I have to look forward to when I turn 50 in April?

No Thanks!

Pass me the hair color please!

I read it that way the first time! Now you're getting with the program. I gave up on just for men, because every time I got a haircut it was white/grey again. Hair coloring only works if you have longer hair.

Now the YouthHair stuff, honest to God, works fine, doesn't smell funny, nothing glows in the dark, hair is just like it was before. They have lead and lead free versions.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
They have lead and lead free versions.

Is this anything like "chunky or smooth"?

A few years back I started to make peace with being "old enough to be totally gray,totally bad, or totally dead." Then I had cancer scare. In the aftermath, my hair lightened, the hairless patch on top grew, and one of the grandkids referred to me as "kinda old."

On the other hand, not dead yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer