OT: Grecian Fomula? | The Boneyard

OT: Grecian Fomula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let's just say I have a friend whose hair keeps getting grayer and grayer and, in a few spots, is even approaching whiteness. I want to help him look younger. Does Grecian Formula work at all? According to the ads, you just apply it each day and sooner or later the hair starts to darken until you decide when to stop. The darkening is supposed to be gradual. If it works, is it natural looking or does it look weird?

Has anyone tried it, and if so, how successful was it? My friend really appreciates it!

Reaction Score
Let's just say I have a friend whose hair keeps getting grayer and grayer and, in a few spots, is even approaching whiteness. I want to help him look younger. Does Grecian Formula work at all? According to the ads, you just apply it each day and sooner or later the hair starts to darken until you decide when to stop. The darkening is supposed to be gradual. If it works, is it natural looking or does it look weird?

Has anyone tried it, and if so, how successful was it? My friend really appreciates it!

Is this my wife???

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

I tried it years ago because I was all grey by 40. It doesn't work as far as I could tell, it also smells kind of like WD40. Tell your friend to hit it with some Touch of Grey, much better product.

Reaction Score

Heres just a tad of just for men in my hair. I think it worked pretty good--took 5 minutes in and out. 48 years old going on 49 in 3 weeks

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It sucks...but the idea doesn't suck. There's a product called Youthair, which is essentially the same, but for some reason works. I think because it's a cream like thing that works as hair gel. It also smells fine, unlike Grecian Formula. You can get it on Amazon.

Reaction Score
Check the ingredients. I thought Grecian Formula was lead-based. Can't be good for brain cells.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I used to dye my beard for about six months when it started to grey but it became too much work. Now I just grow a grey beard and I wear it like a badge of honor . I look at it like this , a lot of my friends didn't live long enough to grow peach fuzz so I wear my grey beard with pride . Screw it.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm half bald, and what hair I have is a mix of gray and white. My beard if gray on the jowls, but 90% white on the chin and neck. It's been that way for 20 years. I like it.

With the radiation on my neck, I can't shave with a razor, and with the pacemaker, no electric motor within 6" of my left collarbone, so I haven't shaved my neck since Thanksgiving. For the first time in my life, I have a full growth on my neck. Thinking of shaving some graphics into is when I get all healed up.

Reaction Score
lead based and makes hair purple....I just embrace it. At least I have hair in my mid-40s.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm half bald, and what hair I have is a mix of gray and white. My beard if gray on the jowls, but 90% white on the chin and neck. It's been that way for 20 years. I like it.

With the radiation on my neck, I can't shave with a razor, and with the pacemaker, no electric motor within 6" of my left collarbone, so I haven't shaved my neck since Thanksgiving. For the first time in my life, I have a full growth on my neck. Thinking of shaving some graphics into is when I get all healed up.

Neck beard, eh?
Sounds like you are ready for a phish show.

Reaction Score
Shoe polish.

Or just let it go grey then silver then white. Women will tell you what a handsome, distinguished gentleman you are :cool:

Reaction Score

Hello friend. :)I use it right after I get a haircut for a few days and it works pretty much as they say. It looks weird if you keep on going until your hair is brown. I've never done that but you see men who do. If a man is 65+ and his hair is brown, he is a customer.

Reaction Score

They gave me a cream called Aquaohor to use after treatments and again at night. It worked. Hope all is going well for you.

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm curious about the guys who use it who are married.

The question would be why?

I get someone still out on the field trying to score points and look for any advantage. I'm all for PED's.

A few years ago I used touch of gray for my beard a couple times. It really did nothing to the parts of my beard that were already white. It just darkened the parts that weren't gray, which I didn't need.

I'm married, I said "screw it who am I trying to ? "

Reaction Score
If you are in your 20's or maybe early mid 30's I can see you wanting to reverse this but 40's and onward I wouldn't worry about it. I have the other problem of losing the hair on top, just shaved it down and have a nice big beard, don't have to get haircuts anymore or ever have to go down that embarrassing combover path. If it really bothers you I would just use some hair dye. The Grecian thing sounds weird, sounds like Soul Glo.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm curious about the guys who use it who are married.

The question would be why?

I get someone still out on the field trying to score points and look for any advantage. I'm all for PED's.

A few years ago I used touch of gray for my beard a couple times. It really did nothing to the parts of my beard that were already white. It just darkened the parts that weren't gray, which I didn't need.

I'm married, I said "screw it who am I trying to ? "
Because my wife wants me to look younger. I don't mind the grey but the all-white patches kind of scare me.

August_West

Reaction Score
Because my wife wants me to look younger. I don't mind the grey but the all-white patches kind of scare me.

Whelp if the wife requests it I suppose I get it.

My wife told me I looked stupid and tovstop it. ( but she pretty much finds a way to say that to me every day about something)

Reaction Score
Hello friend. :)I use it right after I get a haircut for a few days and it works pretty much as they say. It looks weird if you keep on going until your hair is brown. I've never done that but you see men who do. If a man is 65+ and his hair is brown, he is a customer.
After applying, does your boss ask if you are wearing a new tie, or have lost weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom