OT: Giants | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That "taunting" penalty was hilarious (ref misses a late hit, then slaps ODB with a penalty for complaining about it), but Beckham needs to get himself under control. Nobody likes a hothead. Refs especially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The Giants play so dumb it's ridiculous. Turnovers, penalties. They can't run the ball, they won't draft a quality tight end, linebacker. Reese is one of the worst gm's, they have a suspect o-line and they did nothing to fortify it. They have a great qb but haven't gotten him a decent running game since their last Super Bow...

Reaction Score
The Giants play so dumb it's ridiculous. Turnovers, penalties. They can't run the ball, they won't draft a quality tight end, linebacker. Reese is one of the worst gm's, they have a suspect o-line and they did nothing to fortify it. They have a great qb but haven't gotten him a decent running game since their last Super Bow...

1st down, draw up the middle for 1 yard. 2nd down, draw up the middle for no gain, 3rd down, 4 yard pass to Will Tye. 3rd and 15, draw up the middle.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Didn't care for McAdoo as a coordinator and I don't see much difference as HC
shades of UConn here?
BUT the players are stupid

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
...then Paul Perkins happened.

Gints now down only 7.

Reaction Score
Beckham has become a total headcase. By the second half of last season, all the defenses in the league realized that they could easily get inside his head. That was bad enough, but now he's become such a whiny bitch that the refs seem to reach for their flags every time he's involved in a play. They can't wait to call a penalty on him, and I don't blame them. He's become very hard to root for.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Eli Manning has become the second coming of Jim Everett late in his career.

Reaction Score
Beckham has become a total headcase. By the second half of last season, all the defenses in the league realized that they could easily get inside his head. That was bad enough, but now he's become such a whiny bitch that the refs seem to reach for their flags every time he's involved in a play. They can't wait to call a penalty on him, and I don't blame them. He's become very hard to root for.

Yeah, they really slowed him down in the second half last year. He gets hit constantly late and out of bounds, the refs should do their jobs.

Reaction Score
Maybe my Eagles fan glasses are on but I didn't think ODB got hit late on the play in question. If he did, it was barely, and not obvious enough to go. He came back charging at the ref like a madman and probably could have gotten penalized on the next play for laying into a Vikings defender after the play was over.

Reaction Score
Maybe my Eagles fan glasses are on but I didn't think ODB got hit late on the play in question. If he did, it was barely, and not obvious enough to go. He came back charging at the ref like a madman and probably could have gotten penalized on the next play for laying into a Vikings defender after the play was over.

He was definitely out of bounds. It would have been fine not throwing a flag for it. But to flag Beckham for complaining about a late hit is ridiculous.

Reaction Score

He complained about a late hit the way Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or any qb complain about a late hit.

Reaction Score
Giants look lime garbage, Vikings look to have the best D in the league.

Reaction Score
This team f/cking sucks.

That "taunting" penalty was hilarious (ref misses a late hit, then slaps ODB with a penalty for complaining about it), but Beckham needs to get himself under control. Nobody likes a hothead. Refs especially.

He got hit twice in a row on the white and running OOB's but he acted like a idiot. He continues to show immaturity and that needs to stop. The next one after the ref called him for the penalty was twice as bad the guy didn't get a flag was disgusting. But not as disgusting as the Giants offense, McAdoo better show me something real soon because for now he has weapons he doesn't know how to use.

Reaction Score
There is a football board. Take it there and away from the music board.

Agree this is no place for crappy team and people. Remove the Giants and Papi, let's move on to UConn basketball and some discussions on old tunes!:oops:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Didn't care for McAdoo as a coordinator and I don't see much difference as HC
shades of UConn here?
BUT the players are stupid
I concur. I was surprised he got the HC job. This team is not disciplined. I saw that in preseason and folks countered as saying it's only preseason. Yes, however the last two preseason games told me it is going to be business as usual for this team. It showed on the opening drive. Nice drive going only to get 2 penalties to shoot that drive down. Of course the fumble by Harris, I am fan of the Giants since YA Tittle. Never have I seen a team that shoots themselves in the foot like this team.

Oh the Giants secondary has injuries. Yea so? Same thing every year. The announcers always talk up Manning about being comeback kid. Well why don't they talk about the games he has thrown away. His interceptions in the Washington game was business as usual.

That Washington game was huge. AND they blew it. Now Philly, Washington and Dallas ae making their moves. It would of been nice to be 3-0 going back to back road games. From first to last in 3 games.

I like this kid Nassib(?). He has a nice arm and could scramble. He has proven that time after time kin preseason games.

Reaction Score
I concur. I was surprised he got the HC job. This team is not disciplined. I saw that in preseason and folks countered as saying it's only preseason. Yes, however the last two preseason games told me it is going to be business as usual for this team. It showed on the opening drive. Nice drive going only to get 2 penalties to shoot that drive down. Of course the fumble by Harris, I am fan of the Giants since YA Tittle. Never have I seen a team that shoots themselves in the foot like this team.

Oh the Giants secondary has injuries. Yea so? Same thing every year. The announcers always talk up Manning about being comeback kid. Well why don't they talk about the games he has thrown away. His interceptions in the Washington game was business as usual.

That Washington game was huge. AND they blew it. Now Philly, Washington and Dallas ae making their moves. It would of been nice to be 3-0 going back to back road games. From first to last in 3 games.

I like this kid Nassib(?). He has a nice arm and could scramble. He has proven that time after time kin preseason games.

Yep, to be fair the Vikings D made Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton both look bad, what bothered me the most was that there was zero sense of urgency no fight in the team guys just moping around on the sideline and staring off into space feeling sorry for themselves rather then coming up with a game plan on the sidelines. Eli to me just looked careless you would never see that look on his brothers face.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Nassib is not the answer

Reaction Score
Nassib is not the answer
This. There's a reason why he's ranked like 87 out of 90 QBs anytime a list is put together. I'd like to see the Giants draft a QB this year (like the last 2) because I'd like the future QB get a few years of learning from Eli before he plays

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
ODB has brought it on himself though. Nothing wrong with complaining to the refs (all players do it), but when you're a hothead, you are not getting the benefit of the doubt charging at him. And the refs are probably instructed to keep a tight leash on Beckham, to prevent any recurrence of the Norman game last year.

He bumped the ref on one play, even if ever so slightly, you are never gonna get away with that.

So much talent, needs to rain it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer