OT: Giants | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice job Giants fans:

Yeah idiots on twitter account for the whole Giants fan base, on Giants.com about 95 percent of the fans are disgusted with the Giants in the handling of Josh Brown.

Reaction Score
Yeah idiots on twitter account for the whole Giants fan base, on Giants.com about 95 percent of the fans are disgusted with the Giants in the handling of Josh Brown.

Such horrible people!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just listened to the John Mara spot with Francesa. What has happened to the New York Giants? Reese being employed has been puzzling but this is ridiculous. 'We made him inactive'. Is this Earth?

You are the New York Giants. You are claiming you have a relationship with 'My Sisters Place'? Howie Dickenman does too - and he threw his best player out of his program for 1/100th of what Brown did - knowing he'd finish last once he made that decision.

Its. The. Kicker.

The quotes coming out were mind boggling:

"He certainly admitted to us that he abused his wife in the past,” Mara said in a radio interview Thursday evening on WFAN New York. “What’s a little unclear is the extent of that.”

Of the Molly Brown Pro Bowl incident (#2):
Asked about that incident, Mara said: “The whole thing bothered me.”

Yet they never even interviewed Molly Brown herself! That's crazy.

There's a million what ^@k quotes in this article, can't even copy them all:

Giants owner John Mara: Josh Brown 'certainly' told us he abused wife

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Thank god that's over.

Can we get back to talking about deflated footballs now?

Believe me, the NFL would MUCH prefer you to do so. Best thing that ever happened to them (coincidence?) was deflategate taking the spotlight off of domestic abuse in the NFL. They milked it for all it was worth. Integrity of the game...must protect the Shield....blah blah blah. NFL has about as much integrity as Charles Ponzi.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Believe me, the NFL would MUCH prefer you to do so. Best thing that ever happened to them (coincidence?) was deflategate taking the spotlight off of domestic abuse in the NFL. They milked it for all it was worth. Integrity of the game...must protect the Shield....blah blah blah. NFL has about as much integrity as Charles Ponzi.
The whole increased punishments and mandatory 6 game sentences are a joke, just a PR move by the league. They did that and then gave Goodell the power to decrease sentences based on extraneous circumstances or some other phrase they use. It's a joke

intlzncster

Reaction Score
JUST IN: Giants K Josh Brown has been moved to Commissioner's exempt list, and is unlikely to play for team again

Want to know what's bananas about this? On the exempt list, JB still gets paid! NFL doing NFL things.

And this was Roger Goodel today. :eek: Is this real life?

Reaction Score
Again it's plain awful to hit a woman or anything remotely close to abuse. But it's in NY and both Brown and OBJ are in the limelight due to this. Every NFL team has punks who have done things which wouldn't be acceptable to us as fans but hey they let them play. The Cowboys make it a habit to grab these guys.

Haven't read enough but just from what Josh has admitted they weren't very harsh with his regargin the 1 game suspension, a year would be more like it. But if what I have heard is correct and he has changed, seeking help and making things better between he and his ex, then this world of sports is full of 2nd chances. He's a no doubt, but every team is full of them it's football.

And would people stop with the OBJ crap, he's a total idiot but he needs to grow up. The helmet off was stupid and he needs to be told so, but other than that he was a good soldier in that game. The comparison's to terrell owens is a joke - that guy was not a nice guy at all and a selfish pc of crap. By all accounts OBJ is a young respectful kid off the field in a big way, just needs to tone down the passion during, he's trying and we'll see. But again, benign NY makes it twice as bad. Ground acted like a total a**wipe vs the Bengals and nothing discussed. What he did on the field was worst than OBJ taking his helmet off but he's a patriot, it's ok!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Again it's plain awful to hit a woman or anything remotely close to abuse. But it's in NY and both Brown and OBJ are in the limelight due to this. Every NFL team has punks who have done things which wouldn't be acceptable to us as fans but hey they let them play. The Cowboys make it a habit to grab these guys.

Haven't read enough but just from what Josh has admitted they weren't very harsh with his regargin the 1 game suspension, a year would be more like it. But if what I have heard is correct and he has changed, seeking help and making things better between he and his ex, then this world of sports is full of 2nd chances. He's a no doubt, but every team is full of them it's football.

And would people stop with the OBJ crap, he's a total idiot but he needs to grow up. The helmet off was stupid and he needs to be told so, but other than that he was a good soldier in that game. The comparison's to terrell owens is a joke - that guy was not a nice guy at all and a selfish pc of crap. By all accounts OBJ is a young respectful kid off the field in a big way, just needs to tone down the passion during, he's trying and we'll see. But again, benign NY makes it twice as bad. Ground acted like a total a**wipe vs the Bengals and nothing discussed. What he did on the field was worst than OBJ taking his helmet off but he's a patriot, it's ok!
Im assuming you mean Gronk who was taunting a player who had just took an awful cheap shot on his fellow TE. OBJ has let his head get the best of him on multiple occasions while the Giants coaching staff looks helpless. The guy's a great talent but a mental midget. The comparison to Gronk just shows how much real estate the Pats own in your head for some reason

Reaction Score
Im assuming you mean Gronk who was taunting a player who had just took an awful cheap shot on his fellow TE. OBJ has let his head get the best of him on multiple occasions while the Giants coaching staff looks helpless. The guy's a great talent but a mental midget. The comparison to Gronk just shows how much real estate the Pats own in your head for some reason

He acted like a fool twice and it's ok because someone else supposedly took a cheap shot? You guys are hilarious but consistent. While OBJ's inconsistent behavior is inexcusable no doubt, the mere fact Gronk was not flagged twice and tossed removes all your fans ridiculous fears of the NFL hates the Pats I promise you, he was out of control and I could give 2 ts about what Burfict supposedly did. I don't have enough real estate in my head for the Pats and don't watch them, Giants happened to NOT be on so between Red Zone and the other games I saw him act out. To listen to EEI on Monday was just as hilarious, speaking of mental midgets!

intlzncster

Reaction Score

The fact that we're talking about OBJ is mind blowing. This is about something far worse than any BS some diva receiver has pulled. Who gives a f&*^ about OBJ in this context.

The Brown thing is not just on the Giants, but on the NFL as a whole. I mean, they had way more evidence than I thought they had upon his return. How the NFL can have this policy of 6 games, have a toothless investigation in the face of multiple instances (one coming under their watch at the pro bowl), and come to the conclusion they did is mind boggling. They literally copied the same methodolgoy they took in the Ray Rice situation, the incident which caused the overhaul in their policy in the first place.

This comment is not about the Patriots per se (or bitterness), but they spent years and many millions on investigating a worthless PSI or so. Why did they only make a couple phone calls, when we are talking about somebody's life in danger? And this is in the face of having a set policy and making said issue a 'point of emphasis' (not). And then Goodell comes out after and says, "we take this very seriously". It's insane.

Reaction Score
I think it's on the league for sure. I would be a happy man if the whole NFL went down in flames. They desperately need a change in leadership between the fans and players there is zero respect towards the commish and that says a lot. Even one of the most powerful owners feels betrayed now and hopefully the rest of them wake up to the quasi criminal organization they've become.

Reaction Score
The fact that we're talking about OBJ is mind blowing. This is about something far worse than any BS some diva receiver has pulled. Who gives a f&*^ about OBJ in this context.

The Brown thing is not just on the Giants, but on the NFL as a whole. I mean, they had way more evidence than I thought they had upon his return. How the NFL can have this policy of 6 games, have a toothless investigation in the face of multiple instances (one coming under their watch at the pro bowl), and come to the conclusion they did is mind boggling. They literally copied the same methodolgoy they took in the Ray Rice situation, the incident which caused the overhaul in their policy in the first place.

This comment is not about the Patriots per se (or bitterness), but they spent years and many millions on investigating a worthless PSI or so. Why did they only make a couple phone calls, when we are talking about somebody's life in danger? And this is in the face of having a set policy and making said issue a 'point of emphasis' (not). And then Goodell comes out after and says, "we take this very seriously". It's insane.

Let's be honest nothing is mind blowing on the Boneyard unless you just started reading here I simply stated, for those who need simple, these things are worsened due to the fact they are playing for the Giants. Obviously Brown and OBJ are far differing in their effects I get that and hate the guy for touching his wife or anyone for that matter who does anything close. Point is, he did and now is trying to be a better person. You can say too late for that or you can look at it as if hey he deserves a second chance like many get. I'm good with either, it just wouldn't be all over the media/TV if he played for the Titans.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Let's be honest nothing is mind blowing on the Boneyard unless you just started reading here I simply stated, for those who need simple, these things are worsened due to the fact they are playing for the Giants. Obviously Brown and OBJ are far differing in their effects I get that and hate the guy for touching his wife or anyone for that matter who does anything close. Point is, he did and now is trying to be a better person. You can say too late for that or you can look at it as if hey he deserves a second chance like many get. I'm good with either, it just wouldn't be all over the media/TV if he played for the Titans.
From the sounds of it, Brown got 18 chances.

There is a conflicting report where, "Molly Brown told police about being at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii, and how it was a big mistake to go. They were in the process of getting divorced, but she took the kids and went to Hawaii with him because he offered to pay all expenses. She alleged that he was drunk and banging on her hotel door on the Friday before the game, and she arranged with NFL security to move her and her children to different rooms. So the NFL knew about Brown's issues. The conflict comes in only that the NFL admits to moving Molly Brown. Not the children. Well that make it all the better, except that there also exists in the personal conduct policy, "A baseline suspension of six games without pay for violations involving assault, battery, domestic violence, dating violence, child abuse, other forms of family violence, or sexual assault, with consideration given to possible mitigating or aggravating circumstances." Plus the NFL has made it clear (see Jones, Adam "Pac Man." See also Rothlisburger, Ben) that there does not have to be a legal conviction for the league to take action, which makes John Mara's claim that, "there’s a big difference between allegations and convictions or indictments,” in terms of the NFL ring hollow.

It seems to me that John Mara uses the rule book and his relationship with St. Roger, for his own teams' gain whether the rule is in the book or not. Viewed from that angle, Brown originally got off easy ( one game vs. six) because he plays for the Giants. The one thing about this case that baffles me is why spend your "political" capital on a kicker?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It has become apparent that the NFL is more invested in protecting its players at all costs vs following their own rules and doing what's right. I suspect they're worried that if they start disciplining the players like they should be, most of the league wouldn't be able to field a team from week to week, at least not one capable of NFL caliber play.

Reaction Score
Not a good look for you Mau.

Reaction Score
It's a story because

1. The Giants' owner, coaches, and players were somewhat vocal about their support for Josh Brown. Something about how his personal life is personal, and you have to have your teammate's back, blah blah blah.
2. Goodell and Mara are good buds, and as such, Goodell went against the mandatory 6-game suspension for DV that he himself created to do the Giants a solid.
3. The nutjob kept a freakin journal about how he had been abusing his wife physically and emotionally for a long time.

It's laughable to read about how Josh Brown is trying to better himself. And it's even more comical to read these opinions from posters who skewered Brady over being generally aware of footballs possibly having been deflated.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Shouldn't anything Giants related be dealt with in the Cesspool?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
3. The nutjob kept a freakin journal about how he had been abusing his wife physically and emotionally for a long time.

I thought it was part of his therapy.

To me, the attempts to justify the notion that Brown was bettering himself is absurd. He sees a shrink once a week. He answers crisis phone calls. Wonderful, but then he goes right back to using his wife as a heavy bag. It's akin to an addict going to rehab and heading straight to the bar as he walks out the clinic door.

Reaction Score
It's a story because

1. The Giants' owner, coaches, and players were somewhat vocal about their support for Josh Brown. Something about how his personal life is personal, and you have to have your teammate's back, blah blah blah.
2. Goodell and Mara are good buds, and as such, Goodell went against the mandatory 6-game suspension for DV that he himself created to do the Giants a solid.

It's laughable to read about how Josh Brown is trying to better himself. And it's even more comical to read these opinions from posters who skewered Brady over being generally aware of footballs possibly having been deflated.

The Giants continue to follow the 2014 Ravens playbook and released Josh Brown this afternoon.

As for the bolded part, the Giants have been very vocal about domestic violence in the past. Eli Manning was probably the highest profile player in the league's "No More" PSA. Shortly after Bob McAdoo was hired back in January, he was asked what he wouldn't tolerate as a head coach. His response was:

Domestic violence is something that we’re all cracking down on in this league. That’s something that’s important to us as an organization, important to me as a man, and important to me as a coach.

In the wake of the Ray Rice situation, John Mara had this to say: "There is no place for domestic violence in our sport or our society, and we are committed to doing our part to prevent such heinous acts going forward."

From players to coaches to ownership, the three most influential people in the Giants organization all took strong anti-domestic stances. That's commendable, except that when a Giants player committed domestic violence, none of them backed up their words.

Eli has basically had nothing to say about it and gotten a pass from the media. McAdoo has said he won't turn his back on a player who did something that, just 9 months earlier, he said he wouldn't tolerate. Mara has defended Brown since the story came out in August. Now, with Brown's release, it appears that Mara has finally figured out the 'no more' really means 'no more.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom