OT: Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ODB has brought it on himself though. Nothing wrong with complaining to the refs (all players do it), but when you're a hothead, you are not getting the benefit of the doubt charging at him. And the refs are probably instructed to keep a tight leash on Beckham, to prevent any recurrence of the Norman game last year.

He bumped the ref on one play, even if ever so slightly, you are never gonna get away with that.

So much talent, needs to rain it in.

I didnt see ODB bumping the ref ok that explains what an idiot hes another TO, but at least TO made the playoffs a couple of times and was in the NFL for awhile until he became a diva.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I didnt see ODB bumping the ref ok that explains what an idiot hes another TO, but at least TO made the playoffs a couple of times and was in the NFL for awhile until he became a diva.

I don't think he's quite in the TO conversation yet. TO might have been the most talented wide receiver I've ever seen, but he was a team/coach cancer. Even in his 30s.

Beckham's still young, and has a chance to reign it in. He needs to recognize his part in that though. Don't feel like he accepts that fact yet. From the latest interview:

"I just have to understand if I sneeze the wrong way, it will be a flag," he said. "It will be a fine. If I tie my shoes the wrong way, it might be a fine or a flag. It is what it is. You have to understand that. As tough as it is to understand that for a 23-year-old who has been blessed with a lot that God has given to me -- an amazing amount of ability and amazing amount of everything -- it seems like it's all working against you.

Does he face more scrutiny? Probably does, but he earned that. Again, he's young, so there's definitely still time for him to shed that label. Hope he does because he's really fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I concur. I was surprised he got the HC job. This team is not disciplined. I saw that in preseason and folks countered as saying it's only preseason. Yes, however the last two preseason games told me it is going to be business as usual for this team. It showed on the opening drive. Nice drive going only to get 2 penalties to shoot that drive down. Of course the fumble by Harris, I am fan of the Giants since YA Tittle. Never have I seen a team that shoots themselves in the foot like this team.

Oh the Giants secondary has injuries. Yea so? Same thing every year. The announcers always talk up Manning about being comeback kid. Well why don't they talk about the games he has thrown away. His interceptions in the Washington game was business as usual.

That Washington game was huge. AND they blew it. Now Philly, Washington and Dallas ae making their moves. It would of been nice to be 3-0 going back to back road games. From first to last in 3 games.

I like this kid Nassib(?). He has a nice arm and could scramble. He has proven that time after time kin preseason games.
You realize Nassib was statistically the worst QB this preseason in the entire league? He was horrendous.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
You realize Nassib was statistically the worst QB this preseason in the entire league? He was horrendous.
If you saw stats that is great. However the last two preseasons (besides this one) he looked good. When they started the new offense he seemed to get a grasp with his scrubs. I am not saying he is the answer by no means. However there were more than 10 times that I saw him tuck it away and scamper for a 1st down. Plus he didn't have to think twice. As I recall this past preseason the whole team looked bad. Anyway moving on.

Reaction Score
Dumb play. He got hit late no doubt twice. The first not as obvious and if not called no biggie, you can make a mention on the way by but that's it! He needs to relax although a very fine line with his passion. But when it begins to hurt the team it's time to grow up. Hopefully he will, he'd one of the best if not the. Time to act like it!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
This team f/cking sucks.

That "taunting" penalty was hilarious (ref misses a late hit, then slaps ODB with a penalty for complaining about it), but Beckham needs to get himself under control. Nobody likes a hothead. Refs especially.
Macadoos's postgame news conference comments are telling.

Reaction Score
I have no idea about Nassib's ability, but you got a like anyway just for calling a former Syracuse athlete the worst in the league at his position.

Reaction Score
If you saw stats that is great. However the last two preseasons (besides this one) he looked good. When they started the new offense he seemed to get a grasp with his scrubs. I am not saying he is the answer by no means. However there were more than 10 times that I saw him tuck it away and scamper for a 1st down. Plus he didn't have to think twice. As I recall this past preseason the whole team looked bad. Anyway moving on.
If you are suggesting he should play over Eli, I do not really know what to say as that idea would be the dumbest thing in the world.

If Ryan Nassib ever sees the field the Giants are in deep deep trouble and will be fighting with the Browns for the 1st pick.

Reaction Score
I don't want to overreact because we're not talking about something as horrific as deflated footballs. But the Giants' handling of the Josh Brown incident has been embarrassing.
John Mara is an idiot. He has half the brain, and is half the man his father was.

This is the same guy who continues to employ Jerry Reese for Christ sake.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Giants need to end McAdoo's weekly spot with Francesa. They need to hide the fact he is a complete moron.

You can't botch this Brown thing worse than they have. Just release him - it's the frigging kicker.

This extremely proud franchise is being embarrassed every week by Beckham. It's painful watching Manning not deal with him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
John Mara is an idiot. He has half the brain, and is half the man his father was.

This is the same guy who continues to employ Jerry Reese for Christ sake.

Just listened to the John Mara spot with Francesa. What has happened to the New York Giants? Reese being employed has been puzzling but this is ridiculous. 'We made him inactive'. Is this Earth?

You are the New York Giants. You are claiming you have a relationship with 'My Sisters Place'? Howie Dickenman does too - and he threw his best player out of his program for 1/100th of what Brown did - knowing he'd finish last once he made that decision.

Its. The. Kicker.

Reaction Score
Just listened to the John Mara spot with Francesa. What has happened to the New York Giants? Reese being employed has been puzzling but this is ridiculous. 'We made him inactive'. Is this Earth?

You are the New York Giants. You are claiming you have a relationship with 'My Sisters Place'? Howie Dickenman does too - and he threw his best player out of his program for 1/100th of what Brown did - knowing he'd finish last once he made that decision.

Its. The. Kicker.

WTF is Mara waiting for release him already, this is such an embarrassment.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Giants make no sense...they hate the way Odell acts because it can lose them football games. But, they keep Brown around because, "a man, a father and a player" - Coach McAdoo.

Reaction Score
Giants make no sense...they hate the way Odell acts because it can lose them football games. But, they keep Brown around because, "a man, a father and a player" - Coach McAdoo.
The Giants have always been loyal to a fault. That is why Reese is still employed. Why Tom Quinn is still employed.

He needs to be cut but my guess is they wait for the NFL to step in and suspend him or place him on the commissioner exempt list.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This has been pretty embarassing and reeks of how the Jets would handle a similar situation.

Manning needs to get in Beckhams face and tell him to cut the chit and try need to cut this scumbag kicker.

Reaction Score
I don't want to overreact because we're not talking about something as horrific as deflated footballs. But the Giants' handling of the Josh Brown incident has been embarrassing.

I was going to say that the only way to know what info the Giants knew about Brown was for all front office personnel to turn over their texts, emails and phone records. That's not necessary, though, since we already know they knew all about Brown's abuse.

As for why the NYG handled the situation this way, it's because they are "The New York Football Giants." Suspend one of their guys for the mandatory 6 games, even a journeyman kicker? Mara's not going to allow that to happen.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Giants need to end McAdoo's weekly spot with Francesa. They need to hide the fact he is a complete moron.

You can't botch this Brown thing worse than they have. Just release him - it's the frigging kicker.

This extremely proud franchise is being embarrassed every week by Beckham. It's painful watching Manning not deal with him.
Which make you wonder why John Mara used ANY influence with St. Roger to pull this case out of the domestic violence protocol (mandatory 6 game suspension) and got it under the guise of player conduct.

Reaction Score
JUST IN: Giants K Josh Brown has been moved to Commissioner's exempt list, and is unlikely to play for team again

Husky25

Reaction Score
JUST IN: Giants K Josh Brown has been moved to Commissioner's exempt list, and is unlikely to play for team again

He should be in jail.

Reaction Score
The NFL is being caught in another lie. They asked the Sheriffs Dept for info and said they were denied. The Dept is saying there was no written request from anyone identifying with the league. Now it's blown up and they will try and take action. Ray Rice 2.0, So Mara and the league knew he was an abuser? If Goodell is still in power after this.. my god

Husky25

Reaction Score
The NFL is being caught in another lie. They asked the Sheriffs Dept for info and said they were denied. The Dept is saying there was no written request from anyone identifying with the league. Now it's blown up and they will try and take action. Ray Rice 2.0, So Mara and the league knew he was an abuser? If Goodell is still in power after this.. my god
To me, John Mara is at least on par with Donald Sterling, but I'm not holding my breath for the NFL to compel the Mara family to sell the team.

Reaction Score
Nice job Giants fans:

Annie Apple, the mother of New York Giants rookie corner Eli Apple, became a minor celebrity after her son was drafted, developing an affiliation with ESPN while offering a unique opinion on the state of the NFL. Good for her for speaking he mind when it came to the Brown situation this week. In a series of Tweets, she attacked New York co-owner John Mara for his stance on the Brown issue. “As a domestic violence survivor, reading these Mara comments makes me sad, angry and completely baffled. He just doesn’t get it. This is sad,” she wrote. “Don’t know why it’s difficult [for] folks to realize there’s nothing remotely acceptable bout violence against women. No excuse no justification.” Apple has taken a lot of heat from Giants fans for her Tweets, and while it couldn’t have been easy for her, it was the right thing to do in this instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom