OT- Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well this sucks.

We're getting thoroughly outplayed by Minnesota so far tonight.

We always do and this time Minnesota is for real for the first time since 09.

Reaction Score
Odell is losing it.

Odell is an idiot but that flag was an absolute joke the NFL is turning into the NBA, taking emotions out of the game if Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady had that some emotion after getting hit they wouldn't get flagged the announcers would talk about how tough they are.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Odell is an idiot but that flag was an absolute joke the NFL is turning into the NBA.
That flag didn't seem warranted but it also doesn't seem to have calmed him down. He almost earned an ejection on the next play.

Donnell has a concussion. The injuries mount. Hope we can get out of the half without anyone else getting hurt or penalized, and without giving up another score.

Reaction Score
That flag didn't seem warranted but it also doesn't seem to have calmed him down. He almost earned an ejection on the next play.

Donnell has a concussion. The injuries mount. Hope we can get out of the half without anyone else getting hurt or penalized, and without giving up another score.

That would be nice for a change, gotta get 7 here before the half

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Huge break there. Gotta capitalize.

Reaction Score
The Giants are another team that refuses to throw into the endzone.

Having the weapons at WR makes it that much more inexcusable the Oline is doing fine Eli needs to wake up.

Reaction Score
Undisciplined. Penalties. Turnovers.
Tom Coughlin must be rolling over in his grave.

Reaction Score
The GMen defense puts little to no pressure on the quarterback, QBs like Bradford will just pick it apart.

Reaction Score
04.jpg

Reaction Score
He has,been real active since I've been watching. Looks like he belongs, that is for sure.

Send him on a blitz I wanna see him knock Bradford on his @$$, better yet do it against Aaron Rodgers on Sunday night make a name for yourself.

Reaction Score
Undisciplined. Penalties. Turnovers.
Tom Coughlin must be rolling over in his grave.

The Giants were doing this for the last 4 years under Coughlin.

Reaction Score
It's hard to watch. I mean you can't go into a game with 3 starters in the defensive back field out, makes it really tough especially when you have 2 real good tacklers and 2 real good cover guys out of the 3.

But every other offense on earth gets their people open, runs stuff that look so easy for the QB - the Giants? No one is open, they finally run a screen on an aggressive rush and Perkins looks great. But the whole game Eli is telling rookies and first time players where to go and the defense seemed to be doing the same. They played against a team with a really good defense and pass rush and yet despite having no names playing were never out of it. But they need to get healthy and pull a 4 of 5 now. But if we don't see some kind of new look offense or adjustments by halftime I'm guessing McAdoo won;t be lasting. Not impressed thus far, good guy kind of like him, but his offense looks horrid and makes way too many mistakes. And it's as talented as it gets.

Reaction Score
Giants only gave up 24 points with a banged up secondary on the road. The offense is starting to concern me.

Reaction Score
Giants only gave up 24 points with a banged up secondary on the road. The offense is starting to concern me.

Yeah and one of them was a fumbled punt which created great field position for the Vikings. I mean you can't go in to a game with impact players like DRC, Apple and Behre (great tackler) out it's more than difficult. A guy like Wade is a solid back up but when he's on the field that much you're in trouble and the same goes for Hunter and Adams.

But as you say, the offense is way too talented (now Perkins too looked pretty nice) and the line has held it's own, what's the problem getting people open because they aren't open. The coaching? The play calling? The routes? I mean Eli wasn't good in this one but it just doesn't seem to have any rhythm at all or any speed to it. There were times the rookie backs didn't know where to go and there was confusion, so maybe they simplifies it as much as possible, but not too many other teams have those 3 guys as receivers (Harris too who I like out there) and do so little with them. Agree, scary as hell.

Reaction Score
I don't think Eli trusted his protection last night. He did not look comfortable, also didn't seem to be on the same page with anyone. We'll see if they can straighten it out Sunday night.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I don't think Eli trusted his protection last night. He did not look comfortable, also didn't seem to be on the same page with anyone. We'll see if they can straighten it out Sunday night.

100% Eli gives up on plays so fast and just fires the ball into the ground. Its maddening.

Reaction Score
100% Eli gives up on plays so fast and just fires the ball into the ground. Its maddening.

He gave up on 2 and fired it into the ground because they were setting up screens and on one Rainey didn't stay put or go left so the play was dead (can't throw downfield the linemen are already heading down so would be a penalty) and the other the RB never got open they read it. They are an awful screen pass team aren't they? I mean Perkins last night was something of beauty but also rare in the Giants system for years. Thought it would improve with Vereen but while it was better, it still wasn't as pretty as other teams run theirs.

This team makes critical errors and critical junctures of every game. I mean they could be 0-4 because of the in game miscues and maybe a re lucky now to be 2-0. If they don't get healthy right away it will be last year all over again.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
He gave up on 2 and fired it into the ground because they were setting up screens and on one Rainey didn't stay put or go left so the play was dead (can't throw downfield the linemen are already heading down so would be a penalty) and the other the RB never got open they read it. They are an awful screen pass team aren't they? I mean Perkins last night was something of beauty but also rare in the Giants system for years. Thought it would improve with Vereen but while it was better, it still wasn't as pretty as other teams run theirs.

This team makes critical errors and critical junctures of every game. I mean they could be 0-4 because of the in game miscues and maybe a re lucky now to be 2-0. If they don't get healthy right away it will be last year all over again.

Was it really only 2? It seemed like it occurred more than that. Guess Eli just looked so scared and uncomfortable all night that it gave the illusion that it happened more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom