OT- Giants | The Boneyard

OT- Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it was Adams who got the penalty for hitting a player out of bounds away from the play that caused the blocked punt to be negated on 4th down. There were a crazy number of penalty yards against the Giants and they didn't deserve the win but that was a killer. You would think that they know not to do stupid things but they never seem to learn. 2 unsportsmanlikes and bye bye center. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
I think it was Adams who got the penalty for hitting a player out of bounds away from the play that caused the blocked punt to be negated on 4th down. There were a crazy number of penalty yards against the Giants and they didn't deserve the win but that was a killer. You would think that they know not to do stupid things but they never seem to learn. 2 unsportsmanlikes and bye bye center. Unbelievable.
I agree the penalties were dopey but those late game interceptions while in field goal territory were killers.

Reaction Score

Adams will get cut awful play by someone hanging on by a string. Richmond's 2nd penalty was an awful call by a ref aired of retaliation. He blocked Norman legally while his guy was battling for years, how's that penalty?

But the fumble by Vereen was a stall, the penalties on Richmond stalled a run, the pick in which Tye stopped his route killed them, the first kick off by Brown short and wide gave them the ball at the 40 a free FG, special teams missed tackles on the long return .......on and on and on......I mean Eli's decision was awful plenty of time left bu that game was lost well beofe that. They should have won by double figures easily. Watch UConn and this the next day way too similar and the pattern continues.

Reaction Score
I really hope this isn't another Giants season that makes me crazy, they have a lot of talent and an embarrassment of riches at receiver but they are still incredibly undisciplined. I like Eli and his ability to throw the deep ball but he telegraphs everything.

Reaction Score
Eli's the least of this teams problems. We will see as we move along they have a chance to be pretty good or they can just be the Giants again.Head bang

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
As a Giants fan ... w - t - f Eagles!

Reaction Score
Wasn't able to catch the game today but I was really happy with our defense the first 2 games, especially last game.

What happened today? Can someone give the defense a grade for me?

Reaction Score
Wasn't able to catch the game today but I was really happy with our defense the first 2 games, especially last game.

What happened today? Can someone give the defense a grade for me?
Probably a D. They finally got a turnover but Cousins did what he wanted against them. Run D was decent against them I guess, but we couldn't stop the passing game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There was an unsportsmanlike conduct call on a late pass to Beckham that got the ball down to the five-yard line - I thought that call was pretty bad and it pushed the Giants back to the 20. And then Eli threw a pick.

The Giants are one of the hardest teams to figure over the past few years - they seem to try really, really hard to make these games toss-ups, but today I thought they had a bit of help from the officials.

Reaction Score

What happened today?

The Giants wanted to see what would happen if they got a flag on every other play.

Reaction Score
A really really really bad loss, Giants are a better team and were home. Cannot lose that game, I know its only week 3, but it's been a rough few years for us fans. Giants can find themselves at 2-3 in a couple weeks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You can't spell elite without an E-L-I.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Max Kellerman says it was all Andrew Adams fault. Screw him.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I agree the penalties were dopey but those late game interceptions while in field goal territory were killers.
They were on their own 39 when Eli threw the last int. The first one he threw was in the end zone.

Reaction Score
Luckily the Giants played a horrendous QB yesterday, an average QB would have put up 40 with the way our secondary played.

As someone who has watched every Giants game for 35+ years that loss could not have been more Giants. Sloppy play, bad penalties, turnovers, horrible 3rd down defense, and injuries resulting in a bad team hanging around and stealing a win. Felt like I have seen that game 20 times over the last 5 years.

With that being said, not a doubt in my mind they beat the Vikings on Monday night.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well this sucks.

We're getting thoroughly outplayed by Minnesota so far tonight.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
First to worst in 8 days. Being a Giants fan is a fun ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom