OT - Gas Prices 2016 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Gas Prices 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I live on a corner in the village of Fairport NY. There is a gas station to the north and to the west. Every Saturday the store owners duel. One will open @ 6am and set their prices. The other will open at 6:30am ad set their prices 5 cents per gallon lower. So the other will respond half way through the day and put a gas sale sign out. This happens EVERY weekend.... it is actually pretty funny. Eventually the later opening store started offering raffle tickets. You get 1 per every 10$ you spend and on Fridays if your raffle number shows in the gas station window you just won yourself 100$ in free gas. To answer the question though it is 1.89 a gallon in Fairport, NY.
Lived on Sandy Hill Lane and went to Brooks Hill School many years ago.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Same to me. My grocery stores offer every $100 for 10 cent reduced in their gas stations (1 fill only). I like this chain stores because you can buy their brands at half even more than half name brand price. Even they are identical ingredient, such as Tylenol, milk and cold medicines.

Interesting is we have Costco who has the lowest gas price in town but you have to wait 10-20 mins. And this grocery store has 16 lanes' gas station at only 1 cent above Costco and wait only 1-3 mins. But people still go to Costco.

I've never waited at the New Britain COSTCO.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Lived on Sandy Hill Lane and went to Brooks Hill School many years ago.
Great town. We moved here specifically for the schools when our daughter was 4 and we have been here ever since. We are looking for a bigger place. We would even consider staying right in the village if we found something with a bigger yard. While we could live in a place less pricey we just can't seem to leave even if it means being called an "Eastside Elitist" from time to time.

Reaction Score
Great town. We moved here specifically for the schools when our daughter was 4 and we have been here ever since. We are looking for a bigger place. We would even consider staying right in the village if we found something with a bigger yard. While we could live in a place less pricey we just can't seem to leave even if it means being called an "Eastside Elitist" from time to time.
I'm sure it has changed a bit. We were there when the towpaths were still dirt.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I live on a corner in the village of Fairport NY. There is a gas station to the north and to the west. Every Saturday the store owners duel. One will open @ 6am and set their prices. The other will open at 6:30am ad set their prices 5 cents per gallon lower. So the other will respond half way through the day and put a gas sale sign out. This happens EVERY weekend.... it is actually pretty funny. Eventually the later opening store started offering raffle tickets. You get 1 per every 10$ you spend and on Fridays if your raffle number shows in the gas station window you just won yourself 100$ in free gas. To answer the question though it is 1.89 a gallon in Fairport, NY.

THIS is exactly what we need!! A good old fashioned Gas War!! Preferably a long one than runs 24/7. I'd love to see one in my city. :cool:

Reaction Score
"I'm not going too far out of my way to save a nickel a gallon."

I'm always amazed by the folks that will go 20 miles out of their way to save a nickel on a gallon of gas. I buy gas on the Sub base in Groton. By law they set their prices 3 cents below local average even though they pay no taxes. I paid 1.829 earlier this week.
I paid $1.71 at BJ's (credit card only) in Waterford today. I was going there anyway....That's the lowest price I've seen. I live in Mystic and it's been anywhere from $1.96 to $2.29(cash) here in town.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I love this site - it's rare when it isn't up to date.

Best price currently in Ann Arbor/Chelsea (MI) is $1.38
Gas Buddy... doesnt list, or didnt list a gas station that I knew had the cheapest gas in the area. I havent checked out the site in a while (going there now) so maybe things have changed

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Gas Buddy... doesnt list, or didnt list a gas station that I knew had the cheapest gas in the area. I havent checked out the site in a while (going there now) so maybe things have changed

Gas Buddy depends entirely on folks like you and me entering the data. If that station is still not listed, why not join the system and enter it?

If you do and you post the prices under your BY name, maybe the mods will give some extra points! :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Gas Buddy depends entirely on folks like you and me entering the data. If that station is still not listed, why not join the system and enter it?

If you do and you post the prices under your BY name, maybe the mods will give some extra points! :)
found the missing stations, seems that they're under their parent company name. still don't see the difference of going outta my way for a nickel or dime difference

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here in North Jersey the cheapest in the area is $1.45. The guy in town is $1.79 ... bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom