OT - Gas Prices 2016 | The Boneyard

OT - Gas Prices 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
$1.70-$1.80 in the Greater Hartford area... amazing!

What the range in your area?

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
The Oil Cartel is flooding the market to keep prices low in an effort to make alternate energy sources so expensive that it drives them out of business. What goes around will come around... Higher prices will follow...

Reaction Score
I doubt anyone here knows the actual price of the gas, the value added tax hides the true cost. California has very high tax, thus the higher prices.

Theoretically the tax money goes to repair roads - in reality it does not

Reaction Score
Visiting my son today in New Braunfels, Texas and paid $1.38 per gallon. Going to get lower as predictions are for oil to drop to $16.00 per gallon.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I live on a corner in the village of Fairport NY. There is a gas station to the north and to the west. Every Saturday the store owners duel. One will open @ 6am and set their prices. The other will open at 6:30am ad set their prices 5 cents per gallon lower. So the other will respond half way through the day and put a gas sale sign out. This happens EVERY weekend.... it is actually pretty funny. Eventually the later opening store started offering raffle tickets. You get 1 per every 10$ you spend and on Fridays if your raffle number shows in the gas station window you just won yourself 100$ in free gas. To answer the question though it is 1.89 a gallon in Fairport, NY.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
$1.70-$1.80 in the Greater Hartford area... amazing!

What the range in your area?
I don't understand why the rates in CT are near the top compared with other states.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I don't understand why the rates in CT are near the top compared with other states.
State taxes, Monte. CT likes taxing things - I used to own and manage a neighborhood liquor store, and I saw retail prices for liquor advertised in the Boston Globe lower than my wholesale costs in CT, and, it was all due to state taxes. In the 15 years I ran my store, my price for a pack of cigarettes went from $2.10 per pack to $9.25, mostly due to state taxes. I now live in MA, which has a reputation as "Taxachusetts", but, I find MA taxes more reasonable than CT

Reaction Score
I believe CT has one of the highest state gas taxes in the country. I think Hawaii is higher and probably California, but not many others.

Reaction Score
My husband saw $1.30 at a gas station in Cleveland today. I never took my eyes off the road - we had several inches of snow today, heaviest at whatever time I happened to be driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom