OT: Best Gourmet Chain Burger | The Boneyard

OT: Best Gourmet Chain Burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I had the chance to sample two more of the new wave gourmet burgers this week- Smashburger and BurgerFi.

BurgerFi, welcome to the clubhouse lead. I had the 28 day dry aged brisket burger today. Maybe best chain burger ever.

Had Smashburger earlier in the week. Not bad. I wouldn't ever say no if someone suggested it, but it's not in the 5 Guy or BurgerFi category.

Current Rankings

BurgerFi
BGR Burger
5 Guys
Smashburger
In N Out
Steak and Shake

For the record, Smashburger's shoestring style rosemary garlic fries were otherworldly.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Far and away, BareBurger does it for me.

Reaction Score
I've always preferred a good pub burger to the chain places. Never had In and Out but it always seems strange to me how people talk about it like they are smack heads getting their fix.

Reaction Score
I think Red Robin should be on their somewhere. Not as good as 5 guys but considerably better than Steak and Shake. I've never been particularly impressed with In-n-out. I mean its good but nothing special.

Reaction Score
I think Red Robin should be on their somewhere. Not as good as 5 guys but considerably better than Steak and Shake. I've never been particularly impressed with In-n-out. I mean its good but nothing special.
I like Steak and Shake because it's not exactly fast food and it's insanely cheap.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I literally had to do a Google search to see if that was a legitimate restaurant.

I've never been to BareBurger so I won't rank it.

Furburger?? Definitely. They're delicious.

I don't know where you're at, but they have a location in Ridgefield and are opening one down by Harbor Point in Stamford. Check it out if you're in the neighborhood.

Reaction Score
I for the life of me do not get the fuss around Shake Shack (I have about a dozed free burger cards from them and I never seem to use them and go some place else and pay).

Bare Burger is good because I like Elk and Bison.

In n Out is another where I've done the double double animal style and all that mess, but I've always thought what is the big fuss - it's infinitely edible, but it's not an out of body experience

All these three are like any burger I'll eat them and never complain - none are show stoppers.

My list:

5 guys
Sonic - I think its the best of the megas, but maybe that's just because of the tots and cherry limeade
Steak and shake - was a tradition before Daytona for years when I had to be at the 500 for work so I've got a soft sport for it I suppose

Reaction Score
I have never had a good anything, nevermind a burger, at Red Robin. I've only been twice but they were terrible both time. Maybe its not representative of their offerings all the time, but I won't be finding out.

Plan B and Max Burger are pretty good for ones that haven't been mentioned yet. 5 Guys is good. Best burger I've ever had was a steamed cheeseburger at this sh-tty little hole in the wall place in Newington that's since closed. Oh yea, and speaking of Newington, Gold Burger is pretty good too.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
think you're terribly underrating Steak N Shake IMO. Milkshakes are unreal and the prices are phenomenal. Shoestring friends and most importantly the CHILI. Put that stuff on everything. Love that place. I wouldn't put it in the "gourmet" category though. Steak N Shake would be more up against places like In N Out or Whattaburger IMO.

Bad Daddy's is another chain that I would highly suggest trying. There are 3 in Charlotte (including the airport one) and the burgers are absolutely PHENOMENAL. Best gourmet burger I've ever had and not even close. They have locations in CO, NC, SC, TN.

Site: http://www.baddaddysburgerbar.com

Reaction Score
Tried 5 Guys in Braintree last week. The baconburger was the most hideous thing I've eaten in a long time. Dried out patties and bacon that tasted like cardboard served on a soggy bun.

Reaction Score
Wayback Burger
5 Guys
Bobby Flays Burger Palace at MS

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Mooyah...great burgers, and their fries are wicked awesome. I don't even like fries all that much, but it's almost impossible to quit eating theirs, and they give you a mountain of 'em.

Reaction Score
If you're in LA the fast burger at Belcampo Meat Market is great. A double fast burger and fries is something like 10 bucks, and their meat is as good as anyone's. Fries are cooked in beef fat. There's one in Santa Monica, one mid-city near the Beverly Center, and one at Grand Central Market. Good ____.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Another vote for BurgerFi.

If you eat one two days in a row, you will have a stroke, a heart attack and probably some kind of aneurysm, but jeez, they're tasty.

Whoever suggested Red Robin should have their Boneyard account cancelled and their computer smashed.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
BurgerFi is ok to me, I feel there patties are a bit smaller than others and buns are better at MooYah and Smashburger. Also BurgerFi nickel and dimes you for everything.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
think you're terribly underrating Steak N Shake IMO. Milkshakes are unreal and the prices are phenomenal. Shoestring friends and most importantly the CHILI. Put that stuff on everything. Love that place. I wouldn't put it in the "gourmet" category though. Steak N Shake would be more up against places like In N Out or Whattaburger IMO.

I've only been to Steak & Shak once but it was one of the most disappointing dining experiences of my life. They try and trick you in to thinking its a sit down restaurant w quality burgers because they deliver the food to the table but they are just awful fast food burgers. Really, really terrible fast food burgers.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Wayback Burger
5 Guys
Bobby Flays Burger Palace at MS
I would love to try a Bobby Flay's. He has a restaurant in Nassau. Didn't get a chance to get there when at Atlantis. His BBQ shows were great.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
good thing Chin asked about "Chain" burger places. I have 3 places that I would put up against the chains. As far as Chains go, Five Guys is good depending which one. I haven't seen a Steak and Shake in years. I believe some places mentioned are not in PA.

Reaction Score
Just go to the Springfield Basketball HOF "Plan B" for lunch during the week and sit at the bar to order. Tell me there's a better burger anywhere for lunch? Now understand what I am saying here, sit and the bar for sure and then get back to me - has to be during the week at lunch. You will hardly care about the burger but will just say it's great when "she" asks you how it is. :cool:

Just a hint, you may order a "rack" of burgers by mistake.;) And to top it off she's a sweetheart.

Also if in Ocean City MD be sure to stop by Big Pecker's for a burger, they're excellent there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would love to try a Bobby Flay's. He has a restaurant in Nassau. Didn't get a chance to get there when at Atlantis. His BBQ shows were great.

Had the Miami Burger at Bobby Flays at Mohegan, really good!

Reaction Score
I will never understand the love for 5 Guys. I don't think I've ever eaten there without a night of explosive diarrhea following it. And I don't want to hear about the fries. They're underseasoned and burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom