OT: Best bar in CT | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Best bar in CT

Reaction Score
I worked at 999 Summer from 85-93, then again in 95. Murphy's was our after work hangout. At some point when I was down in Mexico in 94, it went from being a hidden gem to being overrun by hipsters and it was ridiculously crowded and became a fern bar when I came back to the US, but I did love that place when it was still just basically a dump.

Now I'm remembering the other dumps we used to go to after softball games... after games at Scalzi it was the 19th Hole at Brennan had cheap beer and respectable bar pizza. After games at Cove, it was Seaside Tavern, which was a dicey neighborhood joint, and after games down on Southfield St, we'd go to a total dump on Selleck, which no longer exists, where my car got broken into and I was buzzed enough where I didn't even realize it until I got to the Greenwich tolls and realized they'd taken all my quarters, along with all my sports equipment and cassettes.

Trying to think about the worst dumps in Stamford from back in the day and I have to go with Darling's Villa on W. Broad and Melfi's in Springdale, although the latter had some killer chili.
Seaside Tavern was Jimmy's Seaside before the name switch. From ages 16-21, I was in a jam band and we played there about a dozen times. The original owner was a creep, I'll always remember him saying to us: "I like you guys...you play good music and bring in cute girls." Keep in mind, we were underage when we played there.

Murphy's is currently my favorite bar in Stamford. Great summertime spot sitting on the patio. A respite found just a stone's throw away from the chaos of downtown Stamford.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom