OT: Best bar in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Best bar in CT

Reaction Score
Define "best" however you'd like it. Dive bar? Sports bar? Upscale bar? Strip club? What are your favorite bars, Yard?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Ted's when I got there in '85 with an inch of muck on the floor and Cecelia on the Jukebox will always be up there in my all time list along with The Dearly Departed Civic Pub. Civic on St Patrick's day was the fastest I ever got drunk and went home in my life. Just a great watering hole.
Now I don't go out enough to comment.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Ever since 3 breweries opened within 3 miles of my house, I feel like I haven’t been to a conventional in over a year.

Labyrinth? Just went there for the first time and enjoyed it. Hungry Tiger is one of my favorite dives. Free spirit is the best if we’re talking serious dives. Wrinkle ranch for life

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Ted's when I got there in '85 with an inch of muck on the floor and Cecelia on the Jukebox will always be up there in my all time list along with The Dearly Departed Civic Pub. Civic on St Patrick's day was the fastest I ever got drunk and went home in my life. Just a great watering hole.
Now I don't go out enough to comment.

When I got to UConn in 2010, Ted's still had an inch of muck on the floor. Even thinking about that place makes me want to go shower.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When I got to UConn in 2010, Ted's still had an inch of muck on the floor. Even thinking about that place makes me want to go shower.

Shower in beer you mean right? To re-create the experience. I recall the rugby team drinking out of a boot. Ted's would fill the boot for free. So one guy was standing in the muck in nothing but a sock on one foot.

Reaction Score
Zen Bar*. Has nothing to do with the fact my brother owns it. It's also mostly a karaoke bar with live music on weekends. Paging @August_West. If you go, tell Giancarlo Mano sent you. He'll say "cool" and proceed to charge you regular price.

*It is my brother's bar, but I doubt it would make any real best bar lists. We've had our fun there tho.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Labyrinth? Just went there for the first time and enjoyed it. Hungry Tiger is one of my favorite dives. Free spirit is the best if we’re talking serious dives. Wrinkle ranch for life
Labrynth is my favorite but there’s 2nd bridge and Parable as well. Another one, Urban Lodge is supposed to open soon in a building which used to house something called “Jock and Jamz Cafe” which I bet was a sweet bar in its day.

Now that you mention it, I go to the Tiger a few times a year after softball games at the adjacent park.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I think our muck was due to 32 oz Chug-a-Mug plastic cups getting dumped. At some point those were no longer sold and then some time after I graduated they refurbished the place. I thought the muck was a thing of the past at that point.

Reaction Score
Defunct bars: Civic Pub, Scarlett O'Hara's, Bourbon St., The Keg in Hartford (now Wood N' Tap)
Dive bars: The Federal, Old Town in Wethersfield, Maple Tree in Simsbury, The Spigot, Piggy's

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Zen Bar*. Has nothing to do with the fact my brother owns it. It's also mostly a karaoke bar with live music on weekends. Paging @August_West. If you go, tell Giancarlo Mano sent you. He'll say "cool" and proceed to charge you regular price.

*It is my brother's bar, but I doubt it would make any real best bar lists. We've had our fun there tho.

I’d go back there if @August_West played. He’s probably too good for that though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom