Ohio State AD...conference will expand...in 5 years or so | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Ohio State AD...conference will expand...in 5 years or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Can't imagine the TV networks would want so many top teams in one conference. It would be better to have four strong conferences than one or two super-conferences where the biggest games of the year are regular season games.

I agree. The power and influence those conferences would have over the networks would be huge.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Can't imagine the TV networks would want so many top teams in one conference. It would be better to have four strong conferences than one or two super-conferences where the biggest games of the year are regular season games.
So that's the real reason Rutgers was choosen for the Big Ten. They suck and the Big Ten needs more fodder. They thought UConn would flourish in the Big Ten and rise up to OSU, UM, MSU status too fast. Can't have that.;)

Reaction Score
The excuses are as disgusting as the issue....Stuff happens, what was joe suppose to do, etc. all in the name of psu football. Would you take the same approach if your children were the victims? All for football. Mike should have stopped it immediately and when told by mike joe should have gone to the police. Not as a vigilante but as a decent human being.

Just curious, what is your opinion of the young man killed during football practice? An accident, yes? Gross negligence, yes? Beyond monetary reparations, nothing.

As this is a conference realignment board this will be my last post on this topic, but please tell me how this is all about football? Did it include a current coach or player violating NCAA Regulations? Events surrounding Jerry Sandusky were disgusting, but it's easy to hold that opinion after he became a convicted pedophile. 10 years prior to his arrest he was viewed as a respected civic leader, and generous philanthropist. He got away with what he did for as long as he did because much like convicted Catholic Priests or school teachers he hid in plain sight. Parents trusted him around their kids, and PSU Administrators to their own detriment did as well.

I'm sure your a good guy offline, but what bothers me about your post, outside of the crassness of it, was that it aimed to point the finger of blame entirely at Joe and PSU. Again the story Mike told was not credible enough to compell him to act, or to convince a practicing physician to call the police that same night. Joe got an admitted censored version about "horseplay" a day later, but he alone should have bared the responsibility of contacting the police? Especially considering this was a man who everyone up to that point believed to be the polar opposite of a dangerous person?

Where is the righteous indignation in your post for parties with far more culpability than PSU ever had? Our illustrious Governor knew that if the public percieced Sandusky as primarily a PSU Administrators and PSU Football Problem, then it was less a PA Attorney General, state & local police, Child Protective Services, various foster and adoption agency, guidance counselors, and 2nd Mile Problem.

The charity founded by Sandusky and used by him to groom victims, was allowed to simply close up shop and avoid all scrutiny. Would it surprise you to know that this charity was heavily supported by prominent CEO's and celebrities? People who would not want their names associated with Jerry in the public eye? How about the fact that this charity financially supported now Gov. Corbett's election campaign?

Not surprisingly there was nary a whisper from the state about looking into Jerry's activities while CEO of the orginization. The grand jury presentment, and later BOT contracted Freeh Report assured that a large percentage of the general public would hold an opinion like yours. The next few years will be very eye opening for a lot of people as the Feds have been in State College for quite some time doing their own investigation. Knowing what we know now Joe/PSU should have done things differently, knowing what they knew then, it was far more complicated.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Agreed. The idea of 1 or 2 conferences having 20 + members while others have half that makes no sense. The symmetry of 4 16 team conferences simply makes too much sense. The Big 12 is the most likely casualty in this scenario. 4 conference champs playing it out for the title.

Reaction Score
So that's the real reason Rutgers was choosen for the Big Ten. They suck and the Big Ten needs more fodder. They thought UConn would flourish in the Big Ten and rise up to OSU, UM, MSU status too fast. Can't have that.;)
Before RU they werent in the B1G picture.....in the well documented research findings what you say about NJU could be applied to you!?! Were you even on the radar? Only ND brought more to the table in CR terms and the ACC got their chance and passed. What does that tell you about perceived or real value that you're still in line? Get over the animous....its not healthy. Its you're kind that blew the ACC shot pissing off BC/SU with delusionary and imflammatory idea's. You even managed to aggravate me and I'm for UConn but not for you or you're opinion. Maybe you need something to make you feel better about the situation but we need RU or its ACC or bust(BE/catholic 7)!! Its allies not enemies you need to get where you want/need to be so get over it!

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Before RU they were'nt in the B1G picture.....in the well documented research findings whatyou say about NJU could be applied to you!?! Were you even on the radar? Only ND brought more to the table in CR terms and the ACC got their chance and passed. What does that tell you about perceived or real value that you're still in line? Get over the animous....its not healthy. Its you're kind that blew the ACC shot pissing off BC/SU with delusionary idea's. You even managed to aggravate me and I'm for UConn but not for u or you opinion. Maybe you need something to make you feel better about the situation but we need RU or its ACC or bust(BE/catholic 7!! Its allies not enemies you need to get where you want/need to be so get over it!

Jeezuscrise, Nicky. It was a joke (as clearly evidenced by the emoticon and the context in which it was written)!! Kindly remove the hair from across your @ss, apply chapstick, take a nap, or whatever makes you a little more refreshed..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nicky.......you rise to the lure at every twitch of the line.

You need to become a little more of a challenge and less of a snapping fish biting at every flash and shadow.

I do believe that he typed that tongue in cheek.

Reaction Score
Before RU they werent in the B1G picture.....in the well documented research findings what you say about NJU could be applied to you!?! Were you even on the radar? Only ND brought more to the table in CR terms and the ACC got their chance and passed. What does that tell you about perceived or real value that you're still in line? Get over the animous....its not healthy. Its you're kind that blew the ACC shot pissing off BC/SU with delusionary and imflammatory idea's. You even managed to aggravate me and I'm for UConn but not for you or you're opinion. Maybe you need something to make you feel better about the situation but we need RU or its ACC or bust(BE/catholic 7)!! Its allies not enemies you need to get where you want/need to be so get over it!
Sorry Husky but guy's like the ACC 2(bstimpy) and 1 I just took off ign have me touchy....I usually pass when you guys vent(or joke)...again I apologize for my lack of typical yankee humor. Getting tired of ACC's sensitivity to NJ's lack of interest in them setting them in propaganda mode!

Reaction Score
Jeezuscrise, Nicky. It was a joke (as clearly evidenced by the emoticon and the context in which it was written)!! Kindly remove the hair from across your @ss, apply chapstick, take a nap, or whatever makes you a little more refreshed..
I cant wait until UConn's is in and this CR craze cools down!! Its got all of us crazy lol...especially me.

pj

Reaction Score
I cant wait until UConn's is in and this CR craze cools down!! Its got all of us crazy lol...especially me.

Rutgers winning the B1G would calm you down too. Confidence Nicky. A thin skin will make the doubters think Rutgers fans have something to be embarrassed about.

Reaction Score
Nicky..you rise to the lure at every twitch of the line.

You need to become a little more of a challenge and less of a snapping fish biting at every flash and shadow.

I do believe that he typed that tongue in cheek.
Yeah Bill no offense to any one in particular but too much hate,jealousy and anger is the result of all this seeming unfairness of CR fever and I can really understand UConn's fan's as they've done everything asked and were shabbily treated by events.

Reaction Score
Rutgers winning the B1G would calm you down too. Confidence Nicky. A thin skin will make the doubters think Rutgers fans have something to be embarrassed about.
One good thing pj....I don't take myself too seriously and will admit when Im wrong. Thanks for the friendly advice pj.Shoot I'm not even an alum!! I'd hate to think how I'd behave with an NJU degree?? lol..

Reaction Score
I agree. The power and influence those conferences would have over the networks would be huge.

I already miss the old days when rivalries meant something and conferences were more manageable. Of course, that puts my school back in the Big East or independent.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I already miss the old days when rivalries meant something and conferences were more manageable. Of course, that puts my school back in the Big East or independent.

Yeah, there are a couple of Big10 teams I will miss/have missed playing every year. Believe it or not, but Illinois wasn't as bad as they are now and Michigan had some good games against them. Then there's The Little Brown Jug game with Minnesota. We also lose The ND game, but are replacing them with series against UCLA and Oklahoma in 2022/23 and 2025/2026, respectively. We have a neutral site game against Florida in 2017 (Jerry Jones Bowl) and are trying for a series with bigger name team starting in 2019.

Losing ND put our OC games from 2015-2020 a little to be desired.

Sometimes I wonder if to get small again, you have to go big and break into divisions to get back some of those games. A conference of 24-28 and have four divisions of 6-7. Never going to happen, but who knows?

Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder if to get small again, you have to go big and break into divisions to get back some of those games. A conference of 24-28 and have four divisions of 6-7. Never going to happen, but who knows?

That's the hope I'm holding. 4 team "pods" within a 16 team conference might keep some of the traditional rivalries. For the B1G, POD-1: UConn, PSU, UMCP and RU; POD-2: UM, MSU, OSU and Northwestern; POD-3: Indiana, Purdue, Illinois and Iowa; POD-4: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska and Kansas. UM would play MSU, OSU and Northwestern (need an easier game) every year and play 2 teams in the other pods every year for a 9-game conference schedule. Could even make the games with other pod members stagger to skip a year in between, so you never have to go more than 2 years without playing another conference member. Of course, this pod system stinks for some schools being in less desirable football pods.

BTW... Big Blue plays a home-and-home with VPI&SU in 2020/21.

Reaction Score
That's the hope I'm holding. 4 team "pods" within a 16 team conference might keep some of the traditional rivalries. For the B1G, POD-1: UConn, PSU, UMCP and RU; POD-2: UM, MSU, OSU and Northwestern; POD-3: Indiana, Purdue, Illinois and Iowa; POD-4: Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska and Kansas. UM would play MSU, OSU and Northwestern (need an easier game) every year and play 2 teams in the other pods every year for a 9-game conference schedule. Could even make the games with other pod members stagger to skip a year in between, so you never have to go more than 2 years without playing another conference member. Of course, this pod system stinks for some schools being in less desirable football pods.

BTW... Big Blue plays a home-and-home with VPI&SU in 2020/21.
That is a beautiful dream... as long as you aren't Penn State.

Reaction Score
Sorry Husky but guy's like the ACC 2(bstimpy) and 1 I just took off ign have me touchy....I usually pass when you guys vent(or joke)...again I apologize for my lack of typical yankee humor. Getting tired of ACC's sensitivity to NJ's lack of interest in them setting them in propaganda mode!

Nicky, of course you had a point. UConn value does not rest with a out-devaluation of Rutgers. Both Universities are of Big Ten material. Conference Realignment has its own business model and political time schedule. UConn could be in and waiting for another school who has to wait for a GOR or an OK from one or two Big Ten Presidents, negotiations of a TV contract or a member of a BOT with a school.

The fact that UConn is saying nothing suggests that they can afford to be patient.

Reaction Score
:)

Nicky, of course you had a point. UConn value does not rest with a out-devaluation of Rutgers. Both Universities are of Big Ten material. Conference Realignment has its own business model and political time schedule. UConn could be in and waiting for another school who has to wait for a GOR or an OK from one or two Big Ten Presidents, negotiations of a TV contract or a member of a BOT with a school.

The fact that UConn is saying nothing suggests that they can afford to be patient. :)

Reaction Score
One good thing pj....I don't take myself too seriously and will admit when Im wrong. Thanks for the friendly advice pj.Shoot I'm not even an alum!! I'd hate to think how I'd behave with an NJU degree?? lol..

Nicky, of course you had a point. UConn value does not rest with a over-devaluation of Rutgers. Both Universities are of Big Ten material. Conference Realignment has its own business model and political time schedule. UConn could be in and waiting for another school who has to wait for a GOR or an OK from one or two Big Ten Presidents, negotiations of a TV contract or a member of a BOT with a school.
The fact that UConn is saying nothing suggests that they can afford to be patient. :)

Reaction Score
His point wasn't six posts good, Plains&Lakes.
I thought PL had a computer issue lol....I completely agreed with his first reply and have had the same suspicions that maybe something we havent heard yet may be going on behind the scenes !?!

Reaction Score
Crazy doesn't begin to describe it. Anger, frustration, hatred. UConn needed Rutgers to get to the B1G. With the B1G office in NYC, now there can be contiguity to CT! Everyone is sick of my constant whining. FSU and BC are still my main targets at this time.

Reaction Score
Not BC. Never BC.

While I agree with your statement, it is like work. Sometimes you work with people you can't stand because you have no choice. If the Big said it is you and BC, you say "yes sir" and push the renewal of the rivalry.

That said, I don't see either school moving at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom