Oh, How Miami Has Fallen | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Oh, How Miami Has Fallen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
would you give up all the Women’s basketball championships for a spot in the Big Ten?
That's not the right question. Of course a group already on record of disdaining women's sports would chuck them overboard. Would these guys give up the men's titles? I bet many would.

Reaction Score
That's not the right question. Of course a group already on record of disdaining women's sports would chuck them overboard. Would these guys give up the men's titles? I bet many would.

i gladly would. Haven’t said it before I don’t think but here goes - football drives the bus.

Reaction Score

I asked this question because a poster in another thread had stated that UConn should refuse to play ND in Women’s basketball until ND schedules UConn in football. I Can’t imagine a scenario where a women’s basketball game would even come into the conversation regarding the football program. I was just wondering if anyone else here felt like Women’s basketball held the kind of pull that could influence football scheduling.

Reaction Score
I asked this question because a poster in another thread had stated that UConn should refuse to play ND in Women’s basketball until ND schedules UConn in football. I Can’t imagine a scenario where a women’s basketball game would even come into the conversation regarding the football program. I was just wondering if anyone else here felt like Women’s basketball held the kind of pull that could influence football scheduling.
Yes. Only if UConn gets 2 of 3 in East Hartford.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
God no.

Reaction Score
Go away troll.

so you are one who actually thinks Women’s basketball can have an impact the football program. Do you think the fans at Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State share this opinion?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do you think the fans at Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State share this opinion?
Of course not for those other program...but unlike your others, ND does care about women’s basketball .... and ND does play some crap MAC teams so they might as well play us too. Should be able to play a game with ND football once a decade...I think that is possible.... dangling women’s BB might get us a game once every eight years. Might.

Reaction Score
so you are one who actually thinks Women’s basketball can have an impact the football program. Do you think the fans at Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State share this opinion?
Really don’t care. All dead to me. Just like ND.

Reaction Score
Of course not for those other program...but unlike your others, ND does care about women’s basketball .... and ND does play some crap MAC teams so they might as well play us too. Should be able to play a game with ND football once a decade...I think that is possible.... dangling women’s BB might get us a game once every eight years. Might.

I agree, ND does care about Women’s basketball. But certainly not to a point where it might impact the football team.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I agree, ND does care about Women’s basketball. But certainly not to a point where it might impact the football team.
Look at ND’s scheduling history, there are some non strategic garbage games mixed in like New Mexico and Bowling Green in 2019 and Marshall in 2021. No reason we can’t dangle a womens game as sweetener to become one of these cupcakes. The womens game should be an effective tiebreaker vs some other option for ND.

Reaction Score
Look at ND’s scheduling history, there are some non strategic garbage games mixed in like New Mexico and Bowling Green in 2019 and Marshall in 2021. No reason we can’t dangle a womens game as sweetener to become one of these cupcakes. The womens game should be an effective tiebreaker vs some other option for ND.

ND has a habit of scheduling games against teams with ties to Notre Dame. New Mexico was coached by ex ND head coach Bob Davie for several years before the game in 2019. And while I’m sure the Bowling Green game had been scheduled before Brian Vangorder became the defensive coordinator there, it was interesting to see him on the sidelines not screwing up our defense. There was probably some tie to someone at BG When the game was scheduled, but Probably not associated with women’s basketball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
so all the top football teams are dead to you. Do you think most UConn fans feel that way?

Judging by attendance at UConn games, you aren't necessarily wrong.

Reaction Score
I know that FSU must not care about women's basketball...

For instance...Warchant doesn't even have a women' basketball forum...not even a women's hoops schedule on the site....

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think the posters here are mostly male. Muffet doesn’t want us caring about women’s basketball

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
so all the top football teams are dead to you. Do you think most UConn fans feel that way?

Why do ND fans come to football message boards and act arrogant?

You aren't the AD, you are just a fan of the team. You get that, right?

Reaction Score
Why do ND fans come to football message boards and act arrogant?

You aren't the AD, you are just a fan of the team. You get that, right?

I come here because I have relatives that went to UConn. I like to talk football with them, even though it seems like I have been to more UConn games than they have been to. And no, I am not the AD, I am just a fan of the team ( if Notre Dame is the team you were talking about) but a fan that goes to all the home games and usually at least one away game. But I also check out forums for BC and Michigan in addition to UConn because I have friends that went to both of these schools as well. It’s actually unusual to see someone get so upset with a poster that seems to disagree with them.

Reaction Score
I think the posters here are mostly male. Muffet doesn’t want us caring about women’s basketball

I think she would love to have more male fans. But I think she realizes that it will probably never happen, at least not to the degree that she would like.

Reaction Score
Don’t care. We beat you on your field on senior day. We’ve won 4 mbb championships in 15 years, and 11 in wbb over 25 years. I’ve seen much better results than you have. I can die happy never playing ND again.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There was probably some tie to someone at BG When the game was scheduled, but Probably not associated with women’s basketball.
BG was not tied to WBB, Really? No kidding.:rolleyes:

I could have gone through the last 10 years (UMass, Miami of OH, Nevada, Ball State, Temple to name a few more over the past five) of ND football scheduling and you are just going to come up with some lame reason the game was scheduled that isn’t related to WBB. It’s silly. Other lesser schools offer other reasons- of course - and it certainly wont be WBB. However, as it pertains to UConn, what it can offer to separate itself from others interested in being the 11th or 12th filler type game on the ND schedule is WBB. So yes, WBB is pretty likely to be part of a discussion. At least, it’s there if that helps and it’s not out of the realm that it could help.

Anyone that thinks WBB will be used to get a regular football series with ND is crazy, but anyone that thinks WBB can’t be part of the discussion when trying to do a one and done every 8-12 years is nuts too. Of course it can be part of the discussion and would certainly elevate us over say booking UMass or Nevada again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom