Official "REINSTATE MIKE FOLEY AS OL COACH IMMEDIATELY" Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Official "REINSTATE MIKE FOLEY AS OL COACH IMMEDIATELY" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It's clearly beyond Foley's help, at this point. But I'll say this, when the entire staff is canned in .005 seconds after the season ends, some program is going to get a great bargain when they hire Mike Foley. Ill be rooting for him.

Reaction Score
It's clearly beyond Foley's help, at this point. But I'll say this, when the entire staff is canned in .005 seconds after the season ends, some program is going to get a great bargain when they hire Mike Foley. Ill be rooting for him.

He will have no trouble at all finding a job when this staff is purged. Sad to see him get demoted after he gave so much to the program.

I will say, that I don't even think Coach Foley could do much with this line.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I will say, that I don't even think Coach Foley could do much with this line.

I actually think he could, and pretty fast. Keep in mind that Friend and Greene were starters under his system two years ago (you know....when McCombs actually ran for over 1,200 and Big East Freshman of the year award and stuff...). And also, Bennett had two years learning the Foley system as well, as did Bullock. The only ones currently on the line that may not have any experience under his system are Cruz, Hemingway, and Mateas.

So in summation, if you go Bennett, Greene, Bullock, Cruz, Friend, four of the five already know the system and the fifth could probably pick up the guard-pull nuances...

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I actually think he could, and pretty fast. Keep in mind that Friend and Greene were starters under his system two years ago (you know....when McCombs actually ran for over 1,200 and Big East Freshman of the year award and stuff...). And also, Bennett had two years learning the Foley system as well, as did Bullock. The only ones currently on the line that may not have any experience under his system are Cruz, Hemingway, and Mateas.

So in summation, if you go Bennett, Greene, Bullock, Cruz, Friend, four of the five already know the system and the fifth could probably pick up the guard-pull nuances...

so when they can PP after Mich, and the new coach cans GDL, then we can have a line running in 2-3 weeks.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'm onboard w/ giving control of our OL back to Foley. You really gotta wornder if at some point PP is going to have to bascially "sacrafice" his ol' pal GDL to save himself this season? Like if Warde will give him either he goes or you all do? Clearly our OL is a major issue... THE issue (IMO)... that improves, running game, QB play, and timing improves.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'm onboard w/ giving control of our OL back to Foley. You really gotta wornder if at some point PP is going to have to bascially "sacrafice" his ol' pal GDL to save himself this season? Like if Warde will give him either he goes or you all do? Clearly our OL is a major issue... THE issue (IMO)... that improves, running game, QB play, and timing improves.

You can't say it any better than this. The OLine is the major reason we are struggling. GDL is ONLY in charge of the OLine now. This is completely on him, and he has enough talent there to be effective. The reason I know this is because Friend and Greene were starting 2 years ago when we had a runner go for over 1,200. Those two are 2 years stronger now, as is Bennett and Bullock.

It will never happen, but it's something that needs to get done...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
This is the "We just ran for 27 yards against Buffalo" bump... :mad:

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Throwback Thursday bump, in honor of Duffy's article

That being said, let's beat the heLL out of CIncy

Reaction Score
T
This is the we are 0-5 bump

Actually WE are 0-5. You are 0-0 as basketball hasn't started yet. Please stop pretending you care about the football team. It gives you something to do until BB season. Have fun tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
T
This is the we are 0-5 bump

The someone can't admit when they're wrong bump. The line looked light years better after two weeks than they ever did with Deleone. No one said he was going to erase any of the losses we already had.

Reaction Score
Here are some thing i have seen from the oline the last few weeks.

We have been pushing back defensive lines. I even saw them pushing louisville back. We were in the second level regularly vs temple

Sacks are still up but they appear to be more coverage sacks than phantom blockers. More experience with the wb may help.

The running game is much improved and gains greater than twenty yards since foley took over are probably greater than gdl whole tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom