Official NLI thread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a self serving post! Why the hell would a kid pass up on a chance to have his 15 minutes after he's worked so hard to put himself in that position?

Sometimes it's hard to tell on this board, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're being sarcastic.

Reaction Score
If you say so. I'd prefer they figure out how to price tickets for example. That moves the needle. Having a blue tie makes psychos on the internet happy.
If upper management has to put ticket prices on the back burner in order to ensure a Uconn logo is properly presented then there is even more rotten in Denmark than it appears. Like I said, this stuff should be second nature here as it is with other programs. Do you think someone has to remind Mack Brown to wear the longhorn for press appearances? No; its second nature to a big program that he wear it.

There are big ticket items like ticket prices, winning and what not; and I take nothing away from them. But there are about a gazillion low hanging fruit items that we could incorporate without much effort. The two are not mutually exclusive like you are making them out to be.

Reaction Score
What a self serving post! Why the hell would a kid pass up on a chance to have his 15 minutes after he's worked so hard to put himself in that position?

im pretty sure the Lagow's have set a new record f standard for the phenomena of the backup QB being the best and most popular player on the team. this one will be hard to
beat.

i actually feel bad for the young man because nothing i read changes the opinion ive formed that this young man has been given some very poor guidance.

this sick day today is incredibly bush league.

i keep telling this guy that in recruiting your rep is all you got. That goes for both sides of the dance floor.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Little things matter yes. UConn needs to improve marketing, yes. But I'm tired of having to read about how shi**y this little thing is, or that little thing. I agree it would have been nice to have a tweet saying the feed was delayed or it would have been good to promote the spring game. But those things are 1/100th the value of the whole marketing strategy, and 1/10,000th the value of winning say, 8 games next year.

Reaction Score
i will wear the hate blog shirt, u and your buddys can wear the loser blog shirt. whats that shirt? those are the people who dont want to improve uconn in any way and just want to sit and take mistake after mistake by uconn becuase they are lazy or think highly of themselves and what they do to support uconn.
Give it a break. You are like an old woman. Always finding something to complain about. The best class that we have ever had and we talk about P's choice of haberdasher.

Maybe it was better when you took a break from the board. At least you haven't dumped on DeLeone today.

LOL.

Don't take it to serious Dan. It's a game. We love you really.

Reaction Score
im pretty sure the Lagow's have set a new record f standard for the phenomena of the backup QB being the best and most popular player on the team. this one will be hard to
beat.

i actually feel bad for the young man because nothing i read changes the opinion ive formed that this young man has been given some very poor guidance.

this sick day today is incredibly bush league.

i keep telling this guy that in recruiting your rep is all you got. That goes for both sides of the dance floor.

I'm not sure what's worse.......agreeing with you or defending P in this regard.

I hope this is the last time we see the parent of a recruit posting on this board in the days leading up to Signing Day.

Reaction Score
LOL..
I do get that to a point..although going on 2 dates at once from a football standpoint is probably more likely than from a dating standpoint (at least I hope so!)

Regardless, I hope everything goes well for your son and ultimately I hope he is at peace with whatever decision he makes and what the hell, I still hope its at UConn. There's nothing that says he won't be the QB in 2 years.

Recruiting is more like speed-dating than anything else.

S

storrsbred1

Little things matter yes. UConn needs to improve marketing, yes. But I'm tired of having to read about how shi**y this little thing is, or that little thing. I agree it would have been nice to have a tweet saying the feed was delayed or it would have been good to promote the spring game. But those things are 1/100th the value of the whole marketing strategy, and 1/10,000th the value of winning say, 8 games next year.

The whole marketing strategy is made up of all the little things. As Steve 3596 stated, these little things are not mutually exclusive. If one ignores the little things in a marketing strategy, all you have is an executive summary, not a strategy.

No one is saying don't do the big stuff until the little stuff gets done. It's all part of building a brand and it is all important.

Reaction Score
We're all just idiots making opinions on here. No need to attack him for having one. I don't really understand how someone can say that Lagow has "by far a better skill set" than Boyle, but I digress.

I think the only way one can make that assumption is to just assume that Lagow played against FAR superior talent then Xavier faced, and he put up great numbers. It's all relative..... Who knows if it means anything when all is said and done.

Reaction Score
http://247sports.com/Article/Richard-Lagow-has-not-signed-with-UCONN-will-listen-to-others-115418

From this article I'm not sure if R. Lagow is signing with Uconn. I believe that is why Taylor was offered a scholarship. Taylor is an athlete, so if Lagow does sign they can use Taylor in a different position in need and if Lagow doesn't sign, well, Taylor is 6'5 and runs about a 4.6 forty and will be given a shot to compete as a QB.

He states in the article he always knew they were going to sign 2 QB's? Um...OK. Now there would be 3 so.....

Do you think the coaches caught all of Mr Lagow's comments the last few days and said we need to just sign the GA kid? I say yes.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The whole marketing strategy is made up of all the little things. As Steve 3596 stated, these little things are not mutually exclusive. If one ignores the little things in a marketing strategy, all you have is an executive summary, not a strategy.

No one is saying don't do the big stuff until the little stuff gets done. It's all part of building a brand and it is all important.
Agreed. The thing is that there are 1000 little things and there will always be 20 or 30 or maybe 500 that don't get done and we're going to hear about them every day on the boneyard on gameday threads and threads about signing day and random off topic threads.... It's tiring is all.

Reaction Score
u 2 clowns are comparing JC on the sidelines during a game vs a fball coach at a presser to announce new recruits. u guys simply dont get it. apples and oranges more like space ships are monkey shi*s.

bball program is a national big boy, fball is a upstart. we need to build a culture. fball is the $ sport not bball. have u learned nothing from CR. coaches need to always have some type of connection physical connection to the school. ship rings, color shirts and ties. hats, pins. something. something. somtheing. every picture u guys post jc has a ship ring or a pin or something on. something. today P got up with no rings or pins and nothing blue. but u guys wont admit it. u will defend him becuase he needs year 3 and warde is doing the work of angels. the presser started 10 minutes late today. not a criminal act or anything. but it would have bene nice if uconnfootball twitter would tweet at 330 for all those trying to watch whether that was 5 or 500 peopl that it will be delayed 10 minutes. how about that ending? whne p thanked the fans for following the recruiting and welcomed the class 1 last time and said come to the spring game? oh wait he didn't do any of that becuase they cut the video at the end of a question. real nice jjob there...u guys will prob defend that also. u simply dont get it. i know u spend money on tickets and go to games and post here and there so u are great fans and im just a di*k. i get it. but u guys need to wake up if u ever want to see this program be more than south florida football.

I was on the fence on Coach P, but you have me convinced. I can tolerate the poor clock management, and his stubbornness with his good friend GDL, but to not wear a tie in Husky Blue?!?!?!?! Unacceptable. He should at least have a Jonathan the husky pin on when announcing the incoming class.

Reaction Score
Well its official!!! $ Were playing big boy football boys. Right down to the signing day drama!!!!

I really wanted Rich, but props to P for not giving in to any particular recruit. He's got a program to run. If they wanted to take multiple qbs, can't be worried about hurt feelings.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
i give up on this topic. a % of this fanbase simply just wants its school to rot in CR hell and is fine with it. unreal. everything matters down to the hillbillies with bumper stickers and the janirots at the football stadium. every big time school has shown u all that. but most of u wont even comprehend that when it comes to uconn because your stuck in old ways and wont change.

everyone wear rainbow colors to uconn games from now on becuase thats what these 2 clowns want.

Yep, I hope we rot. I am going to open a twitter account to post this, but I heard from an inside source that the Big Ten watched the UCONN signing event today, and were appalled that Coach Pasquoloni was not wearing any blue. They were going to offer UCONN membership, but now the offer is going to Tulane, because their head coach wore their team colors to announce their incoming class.

Reaction Score
i will wear the hate blog shirt, u and your buddys can wear the loser blog shirt. whats that shirt? those are the people who dont want to improve uconn in any way and just want to sit and take mistake after mistake by uconn becuase they are lazy or think highly of themselves and what they do to support uconn.

What do you call the blog of UCONN fair weather fans?

#fairweatherfandan

Reaction Score
http://247sports.com/Article/Richard-Lagow-has-not-signed-with-UCONN-will-listen-to-others-115418

From this article I'm not sure if R. Lagow is signing with Uconn. I believe that is why Taylor was offered a scholarship. Taylor is an athlete, so if Lagow does sign they can use Taylor in a different position in need and if Lagow doesn't sign, well, Taylor is 6'5 and runs about a 4.6 forty and will be given a shot to compete as a QB.

“I had called my coach, coach (Jaydon) McCullough last night and told him I wasn’t going to be able to come in and I wasn’t going to be able to sign today.”

He called his school coaches last night. Did he call any UConn coaches to re-confirm? What's more important?

Reaction Score
I never said he broke his commitment, that post responded to another's question of how I would handle it, if it were my kid.

However, since you brought it up. He didn't sign it yet either. So, until he does I will continue to stand by my conspiracy theory. Which I might add, you haven't actually denied.
Ok, if you want, I will get a copy of the prescription for medicine and a copy of the doctor's note allowing his absence to be excused, and I will post it if you can let the conspiracy go. Hell, he was not allowed to see his 80 year old grandmother, who had been keeping up with everything, because he is highly contagious.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I've been a long time lurker on this board - Uconn Alum as well.

All I have to say is HFD is absolutely positively correct on this. Every single little thing matters when it comes to big time college athletics. It may seem trivial, but there is absolutely no reason why Uconn shouldn't show its branding when the opportunity presents itself. This day and age it is 100% about selling a brand, as much as you might want to fight it because this is supposed to be about academics. Why not bare Uconn's logo? Its not hard. Why do you think Soda's fight to have their can in the background during movies just to subtly remind you that Coca-Cola is the #1 brand. There's reason behind the madness.

Is branding above winning? No. But why not wear Husky blue when on TV and remind people that their watching a Uconn broadcast when its as simple as changing a tie or shirt? These should be second nature and for some reason at Uconn it is not. Its these types of low hanging fruit changes that I just do not understand why we can't capitalize on.

Thank you. I was feeling pretty lonely on my island (especially since HFD already drank all the JD).

Reaction Score
If you dont mind me asking...

Are the dates we are picking up males or females? If they are females then I will gladly except all the weirdness that will occur in the evening.

Furthermore, in the all female scenario, if I am an 18 year old kid I may never want to go home again.
Somehow I knew this was coming. You couldn't just let it walk by could you? :)

Reaction Score
Thank you. I was feeling pretty lonely on my island (especially since HFD already drank all the JD).
I agree with your positions but feel free to go to every other pasqualoni press conference and let me know if he was wearing uconn paraphernalia. This is the first one cut the guy some slack

Reaction Score
Mr. Lagow, let it go. You know who we are. Let your son make his decision based on that.

Reaction Score
Jimdish made a great point. Don't you call, e-mail, text, telegraph, or smoke signal a UConn coach and let them know you are going to commit, but want to wait so you can have a school ceremony on Friday. I am sure UConn would have asked for the signed letter, but they would have held back on the announcement to accomodate the school ceremony. In the recruiting world holding back on sending your LOI leaves far too many open questions for not only fans, but coaches. And the coaches have to make the moves they deem appropriate, which UConn did.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
The little things matter when you've figured out the big things. When they figure out the big things I'll worry about the little things.

To each his own. While you and I await big things from Warde and Susan, I'll wear my Connecticut stuff out and about, and I'll chastise PP for not having enough sense to at least wear a blue tie on National Signing Day.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what's worse.......agreeing with you or defending P in this regard.

I hope this is the last time we see the parent of a recruit posting on this board in the days leading up to Signing Day.
He has only been told to do what he thinks is best and then after the decision is made he has to do what is best for the team. As for parents, I was warned by one obviously wiser and I ignored the advice. Next year the parent's will have a better learning curve, or be less stubborn, or not be retired and have time, or........well you get the idea. Most likely they will post anonymously. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom