Official NLI thread | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i give up on this topic. a % of this fanbase simply just wants its school to rot in CR hell and is fine with it. unreal. everything matters down to the hillbillies with bumper stickers and the janirots at the football stadium. every big time school has shown u all that. but most of u wont even comprehend that when it comes to uconn because your stuck in old ways and wont change.

everyone wear rainbow colors to uconn games from now on becuase thats what these 2 clowns want.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
i give up. a % of this fanbase simply just wants its school to rot in CR hell and is fine with it. unreal. everything matters down to the hillbillies with bumper stickers and the janirots at the football stadium. every big time school has shown u all that. but most of u wont even comprehend that when it comes to uconn because your stuck in old ways and wont change.

Or maybe you are an idiot. And PP & Warde know more about football than you.

(BTW - why aren't you making millions with your knowledge?)

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
good for u, i jumped off at 2 seasons of 5-7 and a million small reasons. for u its 3 5-7 seasons and ignoring all the small things. were not far off, just 1 year. thats not that long considering other schools have been doing this for 100 years and have it down pat.

I'll never jump off.

I like both of you guys, but if you jump, you're both losers.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Or maybe you are an idiot. And PP & Warde know more about football than you.

(BTW - why aren't you making millions with your knowledge?)

once again i'm complaining baout little things and pr issue and marketing and then u come back with football talk. not sure hwere your head is or what your even talking about. are you trying to put me down becuase those idiots are making a lot of $ and i'm not in my current life? i guess then this just shows how dumb u are. u are bragging about 2 idiots destroying your school and paying them "millions". yea, u really won this one buddy!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This is the crap we get on the NLI thread. Hater blog.

i will wear the hate blog shirt, u and your buddys can wear the loser blog shirt. whats that shirt? those are the people who dont want to improve uconn in any way and just want to sit and take mistake after mistake by uconn becuase they are lazy or think highly of themselves and what they do to support uconn.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
things as small as p's tie matter to me. becuase its the differenc ebetween walking the walk overall as a school in the big boy culture or not. its that simple. and we dont.

red tie? sure when your alabama
ho about a blue shirt? chesus something
images

its about walking and pumping a culture.

Dan is 100% correct on this. Little things (especially, simple little things) do matter. I'm surprised more here don't get that, but maybe its just that no one wants to be associated with supporting HFD anymore.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
Dan is 100% correct on this. Little things (especially, simple little things) do matter. I'm surprised more here don't get that, but maybe its just that no one wants to be associated with supporting HFD anymore.

Thats cargo cult thinking.

If we look the part, we'll be the part.

No, if you win enough, you'll be the part.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The little things matter when you've figured out the big things. When they figure out the big things I'll worry about the little things.

Reaction Score
The little things matter when you've figured out the big things. When they figure out the big things I'll worry about the little things.
Unfortunately this is very poor thinking - address whatever can be addressed as quickly as possible. Have the student assistant hand Coach P a husky tie; it's not like these types of things require big money and take away from time spent creating a winner. Any opportunity you have that's this easy should be capitalized without question. It really isn't that hard to address this type of situation. Like I said, low hanging fruit; capitalize where it takes very little effort but shows bigger gains.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hey. You tried.

No hard feellings.

your not tired becuase u havn't done crap. when i started this whole recruit fololwing stuff other big time fanbases had hundreds doing what i was. i found maybe 10 uconn fans on twitter but almost none of those were doing aything recruiting wise. i decided to pump the trail and recruiting ont witter to ppl here and students using my HFD name and the funny dog photo. it worked. there are a ton of uconn fnas now doing stuff acting like a big time fanbase on social media sites. as that happened did u notice anything? kids were talking back and forth with each other and fans, we were showing a pulse of a fanbase. thats very valuable whether u acknowledge it or not. as the fanbase grew if u noticed so did the coverage by recruit sites and blogs. espn insider had a bunch of blogs on our players. almost every recruit got a ranking, hell 2 years ago they didn't even rank half our class. now we have 15 3* kids. its no accident. the school didn't give a dam about this stuff becuase they had no clue, and no leadership to show ppl where to go.

i was just one of many uconn fans looking to progress uconn. i tried and i had some sucess with a beat up laptop that sat between beer cans, tins and a funny gorilla ash tray in my living room. if u gave me the resources that the uconn ad had, i would kill it for this school state and alums. but those who do have that power now simply dont get it or are ignoring it. some of u fans seem to fall in line like good little soldiers. thats not me, im not ignoring all the bs that this school tries to pass as big time.

if they dont want to play big boy fball then knock down the rent and join the c7. but wer not doing that it seems, so then why are we half assing the fball program?

Reaction Score

Have you ever had a reasonable conversation with anyone ever, either on this board, or the BB board? I'll answer that for you....no.

All you do is call people names and start . What do you bring to these boards that have any value what so ever. The answer to that is easy....not a thing.

Please go back to the BB board and tell them what they need to know. They "love" you there.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
your not tired becuase u havn't done crap. when i started this whole recruit fololwing stuff other big time fanbases had hundreds doing what i was. i found maybe 10 uconn fans on twitter but almost none of those were doing aything recruiting wise. i decided to pump the trail and recruiting ont witter to ppl here and students using my HFD name and the funny dog photo. it worked. there are a ton of uconn fnas now doing stuff acting like a big time fanbase on social media sites. as that happened did u notice anything? kids were talking back and forth with each other and fans, we were showing a pulse of a fanbase. thats very valuable whether u acknowledge it or not. as the fanbase grew if u noticed so did the coverage by recruit sites and blogs. espn insider had a bunch of blogs on our players. almost every recruit got a ranking, hell 2 years ago they didn't even rank half our class. now we have 15 3* kids. its no accident. the school didn't give a dam about this stuff becuase they had no clue, and no leadership to show ppl where to go.

i was just one of many uconn fans looking to progress uconn. i tried and i had some sucess with a beat up laptop that sat between beer cans, tins and a funny gorilla ash tray in my living room. if u gave me the resources that the uconn ad had, i would kill it for this school state and alums. but those who do have that power now simply dont get it or are ignoring it. some of u fans seem to fall in line like good little soldiers. thats not me, im not ignoring all the bs that this school tries to pass as big time.

if they dont want to play big boy fball then knock down the rent and join the c7. but wer not doing that it seems, so then why are we half assing the fball program?

What color is the sky in your world?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

bosie state won a shi* load. they got unifroms and expanded. they looked the part but they didn't ge tthe part did they? know why? becuase academics and markets and other programs and brand and fanbase size and population and so much more matters. we literally are frucking all stars in everything but the fball program. so why not give the dam thing a try. lville dressed up a pig, do u like where they are now? how about rutgers?

Reaction Score
I can imagine that if a kid wanted to sign at school, in front of his friends and was sick, he might postpone it vs. signing it from bed and having someone fax it in.

You definitely don't get chix by faxing it in from home! Put on the show baby!! Let's go Lagow!!!!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What color is the sky in your world?

the sky and the oceans are both blue in my world. connecticut blue. and i'll be dammed if another school tries to claim them before uconn does.

Reaction Score
I cannot imagine that. Sign the papers. Fax them in.

Have your HS ceremony on Friday.

What a self serving post! Why the hell would a kid pass up on a chance to have his 15 minutes after he's worked so hard to put himself in that position?

Reaction Score
I have a much better analogy for the QB recruiting situation. See if you like this one better than the "dating" analogy.

A new OC get hired for a decent football program and looks at the roster and sees 2 legit QBs and a wildcat QB that can't throw and 1 commit. He turns to the old OC and the older HC and says "WTF you can't run a BCS football program with only 3 QBs. You have to be prepared for injuries, academic casualties, and transfers." The HC looks up from his IPad after downloading the IPad finder app., and looks at the old OC who is studying variations of the victory formation. The HC asks "how many QBs did we have when Donovan was playing?". The old OC shrugs his shoulders and says "I don't know, but in the NFL we could just sign a guy if we have injuries. Guess you can't do that here".

While all this was going on School B with a totally up football program tells a highly rated QB that his services are no longer needed. The new OC hops on the opportunity and ends up getting another QB. Well the first QB commit from way far away is not happy and implies that it is quite a long distance to travel if I really have to compete for a job.

The new OC and HC commiserate and decide they need to be smart and make damn sure that their school has enough QBs for the upcoming season. They want the QB from way far away, but they have to be ready if he decided he doesn't like to travel now that he isn't the only QB. Low and behold they find another QB who is also far away, but will cherish the opportunity to play either QB or another position if necessary. The new OC and HC waited as long as they could for the 1st QB commit to decide and then told the other far away QB that he could be part of the TEAM.

Just as this decision the Old OC runs into the room and shouts "I figured out this timeout thing. If we need to score we can stop the clock three times in each half. That is really cool."

Reaction Score
Anyone see that Taylor was brought in as a safety? I didnt see anything in this thread here mentioning that.

I think that cooler heads need to prevail here. I dont know what the truth is here in this mess of a recruitment, but I hope that Mr Lagow and Richard take a few deep breaths and realize that there is room for him up in Storrs.

I know that I have had some pessimistic posts here about this topic, but am going to hold out until Friday to see what happens for certain. The truth is that without Twitter and social networking, this converstation would really have never happened. We would have never known that Richard would possibly looking elsewhere. As nice as it is to have information as soon as it become available, it also can create a lot of headache for little to no reason.

I look forward to Richard holding his conference on Friday. I dont know what decision he will make, but I hope its the right one.

http://247sports.com/Article/Richard-Lagow-has-not-signed-with-UCONN-will-listen-to-others-115418

From this article I'm not sure if R. Lagow is signing with Uconn. I believe that is why Taylor was offered a scholarship. Taylor is an athlete, so if Lagow does sign they can use Taylor in a different position in need and if Lagow doesn't sign, well, Taylor is 6'5 and runs about a 4.6 forty and will be given a shot to compete as a QB.

Reactions: pj

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Unfortunately this is very poor thinking - address whatever can be addressed as quickly as possible. Have the student assistant hand Coach P a husky tie; it's not like these types of things require big money and take away from time spent creating a winner. Any opportunity you have that's this easy should be capitalized without question. It really isn't that hard to address this type of situation. Like I said, low hanging fruit; capitalize where it takes very little effort but shows bigger gains.

If you say so. I'd prefer they figure out how to price tickets for example. That moves the needle. Having a blue tie makes psychos on the internet happy.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Was last year's thread like this? Wow.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What a self serving post! Why the hell would a kid pass up on a chance to have his 15 minutes after he's worked so hard to put himself in that position?

LOL. You mean besides the fact that schools take other players? You can fax the letter and still have the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom