Official NLI thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Let me try this, because I really like the school and program, so tolerate me for a minute longer......

Lets say a date asks you to the movie and says you are the best looking person, their favorite, could not be happier if you went, and you were the one and only.........you get in the car thinking things are great and the date say that you have to go to another stop and the date gets out and picks up another date.........you are now wondering what kind of date you are on and the date says to pull over, you pull over and the date gets another date and tells you to keep going........now you are really wondering what kind of weird ass date you are on and if you don't pause just a second to reconsider your status in the date, then you deserve whatever weirdness comes next. Now imagine you are an 18 year old kid and the road to this date took you far away from what you knew as home.

Does anyone really think they would do differently? Should concern be for the date that got in the car first or last. :) sorry, that is the best I can do because I am as tired as anyome.

But we're not talking about dates. We're talking about building a college football squad and college football squads have at least 4 QBs. Sometimes they have 3 freshman sign on the same year. Good teams have multiple talented players trying to win the top spot on the depth chart. UConn wants to be one of those teams.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
jim-calhoun.jpeg
HC-Calhoun-coaches2.jpg

Reaction Score
Let me try this, because I really like the school and program, so tolerate me for a minute longer......

Lets say a date asks you to the movie and says you are the best looking person, their favorite, could not be happier if you went, and you were the one and only.........you get in the car thinking things are great and the date say that you have to go to another stop and the date gets out and picks up another date.........you are now wondering what kind of date you are on and the date says to pull over, you pull over and the date gets another date and tells you to keep going........now you are really wondering what kind of weird ass date you are on and if you don't pause just a second to reconsider your status in the date, then you deserve whatever weirdness comes next. Now imagine you are an 18 year old kid and the road to this date took you far away from what you knew as home.

Does anyone really think they would do differently? Should concern be for the date that got in the car first or last. :) sorry, that is the best I can do because I am as tired as anyome.

If you dont mind me asking...

Are the dates we are picking up males or females? If they are females then I will gladly except all the weirdness that will occur in the evening.

Furthermore, in the all female scenario, if I am an 18 year old kid I may never want to go home again.

Reaction Score
And Calhoun obviously coaches here no longer because Warde saw that he would not wear a tie that consisted of the school colors. He was warned multiple times. HCPP will soon be shown the door if he does not comply.

Reaction Score
will some one here tell me why any of these school and coaches bother waering the school color or brand? all of u just told me how its not worth 2 in the bush but yet i see a lot of sucessful schools and coaches doing it. hmm must be something to it then. wait no, couldn't be. all the jack wagons here say its not. my bad, im just a r .

And we will continue to tell you that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Can't believe this has gone this far. I see Taylor as a qb fwiw. Kid throws a very nice deep and appears to have great touch. Moves around very well and possess good size. As someone noted he's only started two years as varsity qb. He is raw with alot of upside and potential.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

nice, u just found 2 picture of him on the sideline at some point during his career and 1 of them he has some pin the other a ship ring on. just something i beg for anything to show some type of connection to the school... see theres a difference tho, JC won so fans showed up anyway and there wasn't a huge brand push days away or fans complaining about colors of the crowd back then. different times and were not adapting.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

blue shirt in 1, husky dog microphone for w/e speach for the other. please continue. your comparing our nationally prominent bball program to a upstart and struggling fball program. u really get it!

sdhusky

Reaction Score
nice, u just found 2 picture of him on the sideline at some point during his career and 1 of them he has some pin the other a ship ring on. just something i beg for anything to show some type of connection to the school... see theres a difference tho, JC won so fans showed up anyway and there wasn't a huge brand push days away or fans complaining about colors of the crowd back then. different times and were not adapting.

This one is pretty nice. Not sure what he is doing. Maybe some clean up of the nets at Gampel after a practice.

Certainly nothing as important as a LOI signing day...

images

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
blue shirt in 1, husky dog microphone for w/e speach for the other. please continue. your comparing our nationally prominent bball program to a upstart and struggling fball program. u really get it!
So you're saying the tie doesn't matter as much as winning.

Thank you.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

Maybe this is Warde didn't give him an extension right away.

he wanted to know what kind of ties Ollie wore.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if u guys dont like this thread then maybe u all should join eagle outsider and read there 4 page LIOday thread. maybe then u will appreciate whats going on here a bit and stop being clueless.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
if u guys dont like this thread then maybe u all should join eagle outsider and read there 4 page LIOday thread. maybe then u will appreciate whats going on here a bit and stop being clueless.

Nah. Its more fun watching you claim to know more about winning than Nick Sabin or Jim Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Anyone see that Taylor was brought in as a safety? I didnt see anything in this thread here mentioning that.

I think that cooler heads need to prevail here. I dont know what the truth is here in this mess of a recruitment, but I hope that Mr Lagow and Richard take a few deep breaths and realize that there is room for him up in Storrs.

I know that I have had some pessimistic posts here about this topic, but am going to hold out until Friday to see what happens for certain. The truth is that without Twitter and social networking, this converstation would really have never happened. We would have never known that Richard would possibly looking elsewhere. As nice as it is to have information as soon as it become available, it also can create a lot of headache for little to no reason.

I look forward to Richard holding his conference on Friday. I dont know what decision he will make, but I hope its the right one.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
u 2 clowns are comparing JC on the sidelines during a game vs a fball coach at a presser to announce new recruits. u guys simply dont get it. apples and oranges more like space ships are monkey shi*s.

bball program is a national big boy, fball is a upstart. we need to build a culture. fball is the $ sport not bball. have u learned nothing from CR. coaches need to always have some type of connection physical connection to the school. ship rings, color shirts and ties. hats, pins. something. something. somtheing. every picture u guys post jc has a ship ring or a pin or something on. something. today P got up with no rings or pins and nothing blue. but u guys wont admit it. u will defend him becuase he needs year 3 and warde is doing the work of angels. the presser started 10 minutes late today. not a criminal act or anything. but it would have bene nice if uconnfootball twitter would tweet at 330 for all those trying to watch whether that was 5 or 500 peopl that it will be delayed 10 minutes. how about that ending? whne p thanked the fans for following the recruiting and welcomed the class 1 last time and said come to the spring game? oh wait he didn't do any of that becuase they cut the video at the end of a question. real nice jjob there...u guys will prob defend that also. u simply dont get it. i know u spend money on tickets and go to games and post here and there so u are great fans and im just a di*k. i get it. but u guys need to wake up if u ever want to see this program be more than south florida football.

Reaction Score
I've been a long time lurker on this board - Uconn Alum as well.

All I have to say is HFD is absolutely positively correct on this. Every single little thing matters when it comes to big time college athletics. It may seem trivial, but there is absolutely no reason why Uconn shouldn't show its branding when the opportunity presents itself. This day and age it is 100% about selling a brand, as much as you might want to fight it because this is supposed to be about academics. Why not bare Uconn's logo? Its not hard. Why do you think Soda's fight to have their can in the background during movies just to subtly remind you that Coca-Cola is the #1 brand. There's reason behind the madness.

Is branding above winning? No. But why not wear Husky blue when on TV and remind people that their watching a Uconn broadcast when its as simple as changing a tie or shirt? These should be second nature and for some reason at Uconn it is not. Its these types of low hanging fruit changes that I just do not understand why we can't capitalize on.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Nah. Its more fun watching you claim to know more about winning than Nick Sabin or Jim Calhoun.

not what im claiming at all, but u have no substance to your side of the argument. all u have is stupid comments, meanwhile i want to operate like a big time school instead of like a community college. but hey u prob went to uconn in like the 70s or 80s and back then academics wise it was a community college so maybe i need to fix my galsses becuase i'm literally not talking to smart people. maybe thats the issue here.

i already apoligize to everyone here for this comment:D

Reaction Score
Dan
I agree most coaches wear the schools color during pressers. Coach p for the most part every presser u have seen has had on a polo, sweater or windbreaker that was husky wear
Do you wear husky apparel on football game day. That's just as big a part of culture!

sdhusky

Reaction Score
u 2 clowns are comparing JC on the sidelines during a game vs a fball coach at a presser to announce new recruits. u guys simply dont get it. apples and oranges more like space ships are monkey shi*s.

bball program is a national big boy, fball is a upstart. we need to build a culture. fball is the $ sport not bball. have u learned nothing from CR. coaches need to always have some type of connection physical connection to the school. ship rings, color shirts and ties. hats, pins. something. something. somtheing. every picture u guys post jc has a ship ring or a pin or something on. something. today P got up with no rings or pins and nothing blue. but u guys wont admit it. u will defend him becuase he needs year 3 and warde is doing the work of angels. the presser started 10 minutes late today. not a criminal act or anything. but it would have bene nice if uconnfootball twitter would tweet at 330 for all those trying to watch whether that was 5 or 500 peopl that it will be delayed 10 minutes. how about that ending? whne p thanked the fans for following the recruiting and welcomed the class 1 last time and said come to the spring game? oh wait he didn't do any of that becuase they cut the video at the end of a question. real nice jjob there...u guys will prob defend that also. u simply dont get it. i know u spend money on tickets and go to games and post here and there so u are great fans and im just a di*k. i get it. but u guys need to wake up if u ever want to see this program be more than south florida football.

Calhoun wore a red tie at the 1999 Championship game.

Ollie wore a silver/gray tie at his hiring presser.

But other than that. You are right. They are wrong.

I agree with you now. That 1999 championship game was a major opportunity missed.

Reaction Score
I've been a long time lurker on this board - Uconn Alum as well.

All I have to say is HFD is absolutely positively correct on this. Every single little thing matters when it comes to big time college athletics. It may seem trivial, but there is absolutely no reason why Uconn shouldn't show its branding when the opportunity presents itself. This day and age it is 100% about selling a brand, as much as you might want to fight it because this is supposed to be about academics. Why not bare Uconn's logo? Its not hard. Why do you think Soda's fight to have their can in the background during movies just to subtly remind you that Coca-Cola is the #1 brand. There's reason behind the madness.

Is branding above winning? No. But why not wear Husky blue when on TV and remind people that their watching a Uconn broadcast when its as simple as changing a tie or shirt? These should be second nature and for some reason at Uconn it is not. Its these types of low hanging fruit changes that I just do not understand why we can't capitalize on.

Terrific first post. Now if you can only teach HFD to present it like you did.

HFD is 100% right on the big time, small time program stuff. Most of us can be or are apathetic to the little things that big time programs have incorporated into their presentations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom