Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
8/30 Umass - Win lost starting qb d2
9/8 NC State - Loss ... Just a better team
9/15 @ Maryland - Win... Program is a mess
9/22 @ Western Mich - Loss .. Trap game
9/29 Buffalo - Win ... It's buffalo.. A lower tier mac team
10/6 @ Rutgers - loss .. I think schiano leaving gives ru a game day coach .. D is loaded offense has better threats
10/13 Temple - Loss... Hope I'm wrong
10/19 @ Syracuse - Loss they will return last years win
11/3 @ USF - Loss ... USF has more talent and it's away
11/9 Pitt - Loss .. Great D eats up our online forcing whiter ints
11/24 Louisville - Big time loss... I think UL wins big east this year .. Loaded talent
12/1 Cincinnati - Loss ... Tough end to season. Uconn is better but Conference as whole got better

Record = 3-9

I think the heal of this years team will be online. As a result the running game will suffer for the first time in years... With no ground game who is turn over prone will try to force things that aren't there.

wow a brutal prediction, but at least you have us beating Maryland. i think overall i might be more satisfied with a 6-6 season including a win over UMD than i would be with 7-8 wins and a loss to them. normally, my personal satisfaction with the season revolves largely around the RU game, but this year it's UMD

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
8/30 Umass - Win lost starting qb d2
9/8 NC State - Loss ... Just a better team
9/15 @ Maryland - Win... Program is a mess
9/22 @ Western Mich - Loss .. Trap game
9/29 Buffalo - Win ... It's buffalo.. A lower tier mac team
10/6 @ Rutgers - loss .. I think schiano leaving gives ru a game day coach .. D is loaded offense has better threats
10/13 Temple - Loss... Hope I'm wrong
10/19 @ Syracuse - Loss they will return last years win
11/3 @ USF - Loss ... USF has more talent and it's away
11/9 Pitt - Loss .. Great D eats up our online forcing whiter ints
11/24 Louisville - Big time loss... I think UL wins big east this year .. Loaded talent
12/1 Cincinnati - Loss ... Tough end to season. Uconn is better but Conference as whole got better

Record = 3-9

I think the heal of this years team will be online. As a result the running game will suffer for the first time in years... With no ground game who is turn over prone will try to force things that aren't there.

If you're going to be an idiot, at least be a coherent idiot. Please.

Reaction Score
Do you also root for both the Yankees and Red Sox?

No, Yankees fan though my dad played in the Sox organization.

It's just I grew up with UCONN sports, so I have a soft spot for them. My sister, brother in law, cousins, friends, etc., they're UCONN grads. Taking time out during school to have the teacher roll in a TV with the UCONN BB game on is a great childhood memory.

I know we're supposed to be 'rivals', I get that, but I want UCONN football to do well, just not against RU. I would love for the two of us to get big enough that a network like NBC goes 'play each other in Yankee stadium because that would be a major ratings draw'.

Mutual respect and love for you guys from my end. Rather have respectful rivalries than hate filled ones. I still have some hometown pride, especially when you guys go OOC.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I found this one to be a gem:

That's the one that got you? I'm still trying to figure out "...the heal of this years team will be online." He either meant "The Achilles heel of this year's team will be on the offensive line," or "This team will heal years of being online." One or the other...:confused:

F

fortebleedsblue

That's the one that got you? I'm still trying to figure out "...the heal of this years team will be online." He either meant "The Achilles heel of this year's team will be on the offensive line," or "This team will heal years of being online." One or the other...:confused:

After all of these years some of you still don't get that I'm superstitious with my predictions. Don't take it at face value... Also oline auto corrects on the iPad to online.. Half of what I wrote about whiter some how got deleted ... Heal over heel was an example of my terrible spelling capabilities.. Generation spell checker ... :)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
After all of these years some of you still don't get that I'm superstitious with my predictions. Don't take it at face value... Also oline auto corrects on the iPad to online.. Half of what I wrote about whiter some how got deleted ... Heal over heel was an example of my terrible spelling capabilities.. Generation spell checker ... :)

I'm superstitious too. I always predict a UConn undefeated season, no matter what the year or what the sport, for fear that my predicting a loss will actually make it happen (yes, yes, somewhere back in the hippocampus or some other damned area of my brain, I believe I have the power of a wizard). I predict national championships in all of the sports, just in case I cause us to lose one.

Fortunately for me, I've been right a lot of times with our men's and women's basketball teams, our men's soccer team, our polo team...:cool:

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
UMass - W - but not as impressive as we would like
NC State - L - Glennon should be one of the best QB's we see and this will be a big step up in competition level from UMass
@ Maryland - W - The Terps are in for another disastrous season in my opinion - maybe Year 3 is the charm?
@ W Michigan - L - Everyone seems to be chalking this up as a surefire win because they're a MAC team but I don't think we do well against pass first offenses let alone do we do well on the road
Buffalo - W - just an inferior opponent
@ Rutgers - L - I know they are experiencing a coaching transition but given it was from within, I don't see them experiencing the same "growing pains" we had last year. Their defense will be smothering and I'm still worried about occasional lapses in our secondary to give up a big play. This assumes they don't have a billion turnovers against us like they did last year.
Temple - W - the season see-saw (W, L, W, L, etc) continues - on paper this is a team we should beat by a healthy amount but I suspect it will be closer than we want
@ Syracuse - W - our first road win, sending the fruit off to the ACC without a win against UConn in the past six years
@ USF - W - getting on a roll - something about USF just doesn't impress me, their offense is completely anemic unless BJ is scrambling - I think we squeak by on the road
Pitt - W - Defense is really heating up now - we go from making Tino Sunseri look like a Heisman winner last year to turning over the ball at least three times
@ Louisville - L - This team has the potential to be pretty good this year - they have a pretty tough schedule early (NC State, FIU and USM all in a row is going to be a very rough stretch) but I think by the end of the year they will be playing their best and, once again, I have doubts about our ability to win on the road against good teams
Cincinnati - L - by this point I think we'll have lost our chance at the BCS due to head to head tiebreaker against Louisville - strong potential for a let down game

Overall record - 7-5 (4-3) - improvement is seen in our record over last year but there will still be a ton of "what if's" involved in each of the losses. HCPP goes on to the third year of his contract and to another incredibly long off-season for all of us.

By the way, I of course hope that the team will do better than this but this is my "realistic" view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom