Official 2012 Season Prediction Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official 2012 Season Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
seems like many here are a lot higher on rutgers than i am.

Reaction Score
seems like many here are a lot higher on rutgers than i am.

I'm with you Dan. I think Rutgers will have a good defense, but they have a new head coach, and a lot of new position coaches. They will struggle during the year and I think coach P will have the right game plan, not worried, even on the road.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Umass- W - don't have the talent or bodies yet
NC St- L - we keep it close but offense isn't clicking enough yet
@Maryland- W - sorry FUCRE, your replacement QB is going to get beat up, bad
@ Western Michigan- W - sweet revenge
Buffalo- W - small mac
@Rutgers- L - good talent, tough place to play on the road.
Temple- W - Two solid RBs no QB and I still don't think we'll need 8 in the box as our front 7 eats them up
@Syracuse- W - not terribly impressed with them last year, will be tougher at the dome though
@South Florida- L - skip will have that talent finally producing late season wins
Pitt- W - new coach and we really owe them one
@Louisville- L - my pick for BE conf champ, not going to beat them on the road
Cincinnati- W - Cincy plays the last 10 weeks of the season without a bye (RU last year). They will be tired

8-4, 4-3 and we go bowling in NYC.

Reaction Score
The "D" keeps us in this year. Just a feeling. We need Stephan to bolster the DLine and a healthy Bennett at Tackle.

We are a very difficult team to beat at home. We lose to either Cincy or NC State at home and win on BE game on the road at either LVille, USF or Pitt. Beat WMich on the road. 9-3.

I will say this. We have been very lucky to handle USF the last two years. They have just given us games. Glad we are playing them at the end of the year during their usual swoon.

Reaction Score
UMass - Win. Will be relatively close early, and then we blow it open in the second half.
NCSU - Win, in a nail biter. We will get up early and hold off their late rally.
@UMd - Win. I predict we convert a lot of 3rd and longs frustrating the hell out of Terp fans.
@WMU - Win. We finally figure out how to stop that little quick hitting pass they like.
Buffalo - Win. Big. And we are in the top 25
@ Rutgers -Win. They outplay us but don't convert points, and we win close one.Top 20
Temple - Win. We pul away in 2nd half. Top 15
@SU - Win....big. Now in top 10
@USF - Loss. We get beat on a FG in final seconds. Bastards. We tumble in polls, still top 20
Pitt- Win, handily. Back in the top 15.
@UL - Win - BIG UPSET as we beat an undefeated top 5 UL on the road. We back in the top 10
Cinci - WIN for outright BE championship, top 5 ranking, and a trip to the Orange Bowl.
VT - WIN to send the ACC to yet another BCS loss and finish ranked #3 in the country.

12-1; 7-1.

After we beat Cuse do we go up or down in the rankings?

Reaction Score
I don't get all the respect for USF. They lost 7 out of their last 8 games last season with that one win being against the Cuse. Daniels has never really materialized into a complete QB. I think they get big accolades before each season because they look talented from the recruiting base down in FLA. I just don't see it.

Reaction Score
USF plays decent at home and this is a road game for us. The Conn-USF games are usually close as well although the Bulls do tend to flame out in the second half of the season. It's a toss up game IMO. Who knows. That's why they play the games and we watch em - to see what will happen...

Reaction Score
I'll guess 8-4, 4-3. Unfortunately, one of the conference losses will be a WTF? loss to Temple or Syracuse. I expect we'll lose 2 of 3 against Rutgers, USF, and Louisville. It seems just about everyone is high on their team this year, so there will be some attrition going on.

Reaction Score
9-3

Best win: NCState. They underestimate our defense.

Worst loss: Maryland. True Frosh Perry Hills will be a very good QB replacing CJ Brown after ACL injury. The Terps will be much better this year than expected and Edsall has more incentive/pride to beat us than our players/coaches have enmity for his leaving.

Other losses:
USF. They'll be better, we're playing in Tampa, and Teggart is gone.
Louisville. They will be top ten team.

Reaction Score
Wins: UMass, Maryland, Buffalo, Temple, Rutgers and Syracuse

6-6 (3-4). Offense has to show me something first. Reconstituted OL, new QB and unproven WR corps will be tough to watch in the first half of the season and lack of production will cost us the NC State and WMichigan games. If offense produces out of the gate then I see max being 8-4.

Reaction Score
6-6 (3-4)

I'm just not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling.

I would be really encouraged by an 8-4 season.

Reaction Score
8/30 Umass - WIN
9/8 NC State - LOSS
9/15 @ Maryland - WIN
9/22 @ Western Mich - WIN
9/29 Buffalo - WIN
10/6 @ Rutgers - LOSS
10/13 Temple - WIN
10/19 @ Syracuse - WIN
11/3 @ USF - LOSS
11/9 Pitt - WIN
11/24 Louisville - WIN
12/1 Cincinnati - WIN

This is doable.. I see us at 9-3, no question... an early season tough tough loss to NC State at home.. Their D is thorough.. Always has been... Our offense gets their extremely tough test early in the season... unfortunately we faulter a little... but we bounce back on the road the next 2 ball games and finish up the OOC schedule by romping Buffalo at home.. Then the BE sched begins... RU takes us out (hope not though) down in NJ to start the regular season 0-1.. We then finish with 5-1 record the rest of the way...

ALL games are winnable IMO... If our D comes to play ( under year 2 in Don Brown's scheme ), giving up no big passing plays, getting to the QB, turning the ball over.. AND Whitmer (and the OL) can manage the clock, put a few points on the board ( no quick 3 and outs , moving the chains when we need to in the 2nd half ) this could very well be a magical season for UCONN Football.. Although RU is our toughest opponent (IMO), two teams worry me the most... Syracuse and USF... I predicted us beating SU, but we're AT SU this time.. we've been kicking their tail all over their field and ours since we've been in the league it seems... You know they us circled on their calendar... with USF, BJ Daniels is back and probably looking to make the most of his final season there... If we go into either of those games with either 1 or zero losses they will be pumped...

I'm optomistic... I believe UCONN Football is hungry... the times of leaving wins on the field ( when they shoulda been wins, but ended up as losses ) are being put behind us... I see our glass half full coming into this season... This team will make a HUGE statement... Sky's the limit gentlemen....

pj

Reaction Score
I agree all our games are winnable, but with a new qb and receivers you have to expect there will be some interceptions. We play some tough D's on the road, and it wouldn't be a surprise to have a few 3 interception games.

I think 9-3 is a very good season, considering that of the 4 very good teams we play, 3 are on the road.

Reaction Score
I'll guess 7-5 (4-3). We should be at least 2 wins better than last year.

Reaction Score
I agree all our games are winnable, but with a new qb and receivers you have to expect there will be some interceptions. We play some tough D's on the road, and it wouldn't be a surprise to have a few 3 interception games.

I think 9-3 is a very good season, considering that of the 4 very good teams we play, 3 are on the road.

Agreed on the new QB matter... BUT, no disrespect to McEntee, Whitmer's on a different level bro... Kinda reminds you of when we got Lorenzen after we scrapped the DJ/Bones experiment... I think, although he may very well end up throwing a few more picks than we like, he's gonna bring us to another level... That along with the a kid at WR at the ilk of Shak, with Mike Smith returning... big difference... In order for this to pan out though, the OL, needs to give Whitmer the time he needs...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I hate to see the deep end some of you are going to jump off if we lose to MD. I don't see it as such a cakewalk as some of you wanna believe. Yeah they lost their starting QB but we have tons of question marks on Offense.

I say we go 8-4 and make a semi-decent bowl. We've always struggled on the road. If we beat NC St at home I'll revise my prediction.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Outsider's perspective:

8/30 Umass - W
9/8 NC State - L, close though
9/15 @ Maryland - Toss Up, it's an OOC BCS game against a team with some talent in their own building. I'd say this is leaning towards a W though
9/22 @ Western Mich - W
9/29 Buffalo - W
10/6 @ Rutgers - L, revenge game, coming off a bye week, more talent overall
10/13 Temple - W
10/19 @ Syracuse - W, please destroy them
11/3 @ USF - Toss Up, it's USF. Why do they keep getting monster hype?
11/9 Pitt - L, most improved team from last year in the BE
11/24 Louisville - L
12/1 Cincinnati - Toss Up, I am NOT high on Cincy this year, but then again, it's Cincy.

I can see anywhere from 5-7 to 8-4, maybe if everything falls right 9-3 with a win over NC St.

Reaction Score
this is hands down our best chance to win 10 games. i think we'll win 9 going 5-2 BE and 4-1 OOC. between the talent we have returning and our pretty manageable schedule a 7-5 season would be pretty disappointing. any less than 7 wins and i'll be following which coaches become available throughout 2013

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
11/3 @ USF - L, always tough in Tampa
11/9 Pitt - L, hope I'm wrong, just have that feeling
11/24 Louisville - W, need to find a way to win
12/1 Cincinnati - L, they will be very good this year

8-4 overall and 4-3 in the BE, which very well could be a tie for the BE title this year, nice turn around from last year with a decent bowl game.

You must be on drugs. If we win our 1st 8 and lose the last 4 it would not be "a nice turnaround". It would be a disaster, the coach will get fired and our bowl attendance will be miniscule.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Worst loss: Maryland. True Frosh Perry Hills will be a very good QB replacing CJ Brown after ACL injury. The Terps will be much better this year than expected and Edsall has more incentive/pride to beat us than our players/coaches have enmity for his leaving.

Cut the cord already, Nos.

Reaction Score
Wins: UMass, Maryland, Buffalo, Temple, Rutgers and Syracuse

6-6 (3-4). Offense has to show me something first. Reconstituted OL, new QB and unproven WR corps will be tough to watch in the first half of the season and lack of production will cost us the NC State and WMichigan games. If offense produces out of the gate then I see max being 8-4.
This is exactly how I feel. QB play will mean everything. If whitmer is a top 40 QB we will have a great season. We will know after the NCState game.

Reaction Score
Nostical- your overall prediction sounds good, but your logic for the MD loss is definitely flawed. The players have a huge "sense of urgency" to beat Edsall. Btw, ny pediction is 8-4.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
seems like most here are around the same #'s wise. when u break it up its a different look somewhat.

-i see 4-0 vs the mac and anything less means bad news this year.
-i think 2-2 vs the acc is fair and we should aim for 3-1 or 4-0. if this record is better than 2-2 then we are going to win 8+. cuse and md are down, we get both of them on the road. pitt is at home on a friday night on espn. we can win that and the ncst we all know about. 3-1 out of this 4 heading into the final weeks of the season makes me feel good about cincy for the league title on abc :D.
-it seems that everyone here has come to the conclusion that usf/lville/cincy/ruty are all 4 toss up games. i can't knock that though at all as i'm pretty much there with u. it all depends on how good this O can really be. 3 of these 4 are ruff road trips for us. 2-2 would be good, any better would be a great season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom