Official 2012 Season Prediction Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official 2012 Season Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You must be on drugs. If we win our 1st 8 and lose the last 4 it would not be "a nice turnaround". It would be a disaster, the coach will get fired and our bowl attendance will be miniscule.

You're the one that's on crack, an 8-4 season and a bowl would be considered much better than 5-7. Why on earth would coach p even be considered getting fired for an 8-4 season? Do you think before you type? Absurd. I think we can do better than 8-4, but that was more of a worst case scenerio, stay off the pot Waquoit.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You're the one that's on crack, an 8-4 season and a bowl would be considered much better than 5-7. Why on earth would coach p even be considered getting fired for an 8-4 season? Do you think before you type? Absurd. I think we can do better than 8-4, but that was more of a worst case scenerio, stay off the pot Waquoit.

Think of what you are saying. The situation you predicted is more than just numbers, it's a living, breathing season. If UConn won their first 8 games, they would be in the Top 15. They would one of the few undefeated teams left. They would be featured on all the sports shows and sites. Headlines would scream, "Is UConn for real?" If they then lost the next 4, they would all be saying "Frauds", "Chokers", "the Big East sucks". Fans would be depressed at best, pissed off at worst. No one would be happy and saying 8-4 is better than last year except you and Kevin Nathan..

Reaction Score
8/30 - UMass - W- 45-9
9/8 - NC State - L 20-24
9/15 - @ Maryland - W 22-10
9/22 - @ W.Mich - W 33-13
9/29 - Buffalo - W 31-10
10/6 - @ Rutgers - W 27-25
10/13 - Temple - W 20-12
10/19 - @ Syr - W 24-17
11/3 - @ USF - L 6-19
11/9 - Pitt - L 10-13
11/24 -@Louisville - L 17-21
12/1 - Cincinnati - L 10-24

start 7-1 and limp into the Port-o-John Bowl

Reaction Score
Think of what you are saying. The situation you predicted is more than just numbers, it's a living, breathing season. If UConn won their first 8 games, they would be in the Top 15. They would one of the few undefeated teams left. They would be featured on all the sports shows and sites. Headlines would scream, "Is UConn for real?" If they then lost the next 4, they would all be saying "Frauds", "Chokers", "the Big East sucks". Fans would be depressed at best, pissed off at worst. No one would be happy and saying 8-4 is better than last year except you and Kevin Nathan..

I agree, but damn, Debbie downer!!

Reaction Score

Okay Waquot, I see your point, but the last 4 games of the season are tough for any BE team.

pj

Reaction Score

I don't think you're very good at forecasting the future. USF, Pitt, Louisville, and Cincy is by no means an easy final four games. 8-4 would be highly respectable. Everyone would say it was better than last year.

Reaction Score
No offense meant to anyone here but it seems like nobody on planet earth thinks we can make a bowl game yet just about everyonw here (including myself) predicts a pretty good season. Are we just setting ourselves up for a fall?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
No offense meant to anyone here but it seems like nobody on planet earth thinks we can make a bowl game yet just about everyonw here (including myself) predicts a pretty good season. Are we just setting ourselves up for a fall?

No. It's just that most of us went to UConn, so we are smarter...

Reaction Score
Considering I haven't seen Mr. Whitmer play a down in a game I have no idea what to expect. If we go 8-4 with 4-3 in the BE that would be an excellent 2nd year for PP. If we are able to beat NCSU then I will expect even better. If we lose to UMD then it'll be worse.

Reaction Score
8/30 - UMass - W- 38-6 (Never Close....But Offense sputters a bit...We score off a few short fields after TO'S..slow start)
9/8 - NC State - W- 20-17 (Close win....Rent is too much to handle for NC State....Defense is tough again...Lyle rushes for 115)
9/15 - @ Maryland - W 17-13 (Closer than I want it to be...Veterans on the team refuse to lose this one....Defensive battle...Edsall cries after game and 3 more players transfer)
9/22 - @ W.Mich - W 24-17 (Another Close away win..But game was always ours..Late WMU score makes game look closer than it was)
9/29 - Buffalo - W 31-14 (Buffalo......its Buffalo.....we win)
10/6 - @ Rutgers - L 14-30 (Gotta be somewhat realistic...If we lose one early odds are its this one...playing away against a legit opponent....knocks us back to reality though and makes the next week of practice intense...)
10/13-Temple-W 28-27 (Close game as Addazio has his boys ready as usual..Lots of ground game..Lyle goes for 145 and 2 tds)
10/19 - @ Syr - W 30-10 (Never in doubt.....Syracuse cant hold our jockstrap....go back to playing basketball...#jokesquad)
11/3 - @ USF - L 9-23 (Another legit team...My thought is they're being over hyped this year..they choked last year when they were supposed to be contenders...but our offense late in year with a few injuries can only muster 3 fgs)
11/9 - Pitt - W- 35-6 (Pitt is going to be the bottom dwelling, kicking, red headed step child this year....#youbetterhopegrahamgotsomebionickneethatshootsmissiles)
11/24 -@Louisville - L- 17-33 (Home would be another story.......)
12/1 - Cincinnati - L 21-35 (If the league title is somehow on the line then we bag Cincy @home.....if not and it is between meaningless and more meaningless bowl appearence then we go down...

8-4........This is me being conservative and tempering my hopes.....We are in every game...We DONT give up 40 this year...And Cincy and USF can definitely be wins.....

Offensive POTY: 1) Lyle McCombs- 1095 rush 9 tds 22 catches 310 yds 1 td
2) "Shake'em" Phillips- 49 catches 644 yards 6 tds

Defensive POTY: 1) Sio Moore- 98 Tackles (62 Solo) 15 TFL 6 Sks 2 INT 2 Def TDs
2) Yawin BigWood- 107 Tackles (60 solo) 8 TFL 3 Sks 1 INT

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

everyone predicting these things has no clue about whitmer over jmac, phillips etc...thats why.

Reaction Score
You guys, like nearly every Big East team, can go from 4-8 to 8-4/9-3 and no one would be surprised really.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You guys, like nearly every Big East team, can go from 4-8 to 8-4/9-3 and no one would be surprised really.
we play 4 mac teams and syracuse. our bottom is 5.

Reaction Score
If we had Luck on last years team our TE would have been an AA and we'd have played in a BCS game. QB's make everyone better. CW is going to be a Chase Daniels (who by the way had double digit interceptions in each of his 3 starting years including 18 his senior year) type player. Get the ball out quick, take some chances, make some plays, make everyone else better. Amazing how just making more 1st downs will wear out the other teams defense and give them fewer snaps on offense. This is a much improved offense with the key being QB play.

F

fortebleedsblue

8/30 Umass - Win lost starting qb d2
9/8 NC State - Loss ... Just a better team
9/15 @ Maryland - Win... Program is a mess
9/22 @ Western Mich - Loss .. Trap game
9/29 Buffalo - Win ... It's buffalo.. A lower tier mac team
10/6 @ Rutgers - loss .. I think schiano leaving gives ru a game day coach .. D is loaded offense has better threats
10/13 Temple - Loss... Hope I'm wrong
10/19 @ Syracuse - Loss they will return last years win
11/3 @ USF - Loss ... USF has more talent and it's away
11/9 Pitt - Loss .. Great D eats up our online forcing whiter ints
11/24 Louisville - Big time loss... I think UL wins big east this year .. Loaded talent
12/1 Cincinnati - Loss ... Tough end to season. Uconn is better but Conference as whole got better

Record = 3-9

I think the heal of this years team will be online. As a result the running game will suffer for the first time in years... With no ground game who is turn over prone will try to force things that aren't there.

Reaction Score

If the media predictions of UConn's finishes were accurate, we'd have as many Big East Titles as Rutgers.

Reaction Score
8/30 Umass - Win lost starting qb d2
9/8 NC State - Loss ... Just a better team
9/15 @ Maryland - Win... Program is a mess
9/22 @ Western Mich - Loss .. Trap game
9/29 Buffalo - Win ... It's buffalo.. A lower tier mac team
10/6 @ Rutgers - loss .. I think schiano leaving gives ru a game day coach .. D is loaded offense has better threats
10/13 Temple - Loss... Hope I'm wrong
10/19 @ Syracuse - Loss they will return last years win
11/3 @ USF - Loss ... USF has more talent and it's away
11/9 Pitt - Loss .. Great D eats up our online forcing whiter ints
11/24 Louisville - Big time loss... I think UL wins big east this year .. Loaded talent
12/1 Cincinnati - Loss ... Tough end to season. Uconn is better but Conference as whole got better

Record = 3-9

I think the heal of this years team will be online. As a result the running game will suffer for the first time in years... With no ground game who is turn over prone will try to force things that aren't there.

Shocking prediction Mr. Killington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34