Nova Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Nova Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Congrats on finally beating us little brother. It’s kind of sad to see the court storming and how happy you are to have barely beaten us at home with some controversial calls.

You know we’re going to beat you in the BET and you’re going to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament right? The funny thing is if Hurley was coaching at the end of the game you would have lost, the guy is a clown and a choker
It sucks when you loose a close one doesn't it? Maybe when your school can match our championship banners then we can talk some trash. In the mean time enjoy the bitter taste.

By the way! Take some lessons from your coach JW a class act that you are far from.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
The only negative that I can find from this game is how bone headed Hurley was getting a second technical. That dude is too hard headed for his own good. He was embarrassing tonight.
We had another fiery coach that had some success. What makes you great, can also hurt you sometimes. He's much more the former. Also, the refs need to tune out the coaches some times, and make it more about the game than themselves. Other than the vendetta against Danny, I thought that the refs were pretty good.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Congrats on finally beating us little brother. It’s kind of sad to see the court storming and how happy you are to have barely beaten us at home with some controversial calls.

You know we’re going to beat you in the BET and you’re going to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament right? The funny thing is if Hurley was coaching at the end of the game you would have lost, the guy is a clown and a choker
Wright's 10-14 against UConn, eh? and three natty's is pretty good but it is <4.

Reaction Score
I looked at the last Gillespie drive many times and I think he travelled because of a little stutter step just before/as contact is starting to happen. Look at it on the last replay sequence (i.e. from the baseline).

Reaction Score
Old Husky fan reference: Sanogo is a very rich man’s Tim Coles.
Coles had to battle some big big east all-time greats. Sanogo definitely reminds me of Coles.

1645626486678.jpeg

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Coles had to battle some big big east all-time greats. Sanogo definitely reminds me of Coles.

View attachment 73652
He was a tough kid. He was part of the post-Corny Thompson/Mike McKay era, which was not very bright. Our best player was Earl Kelley, sort of an anti-hero type.

Reaction Score
First top 10 win in over a decade? First time we've made back to back NCAA's in a decade. Best the squad has played since 2014.

DH has dug us out of our hole
God that's sad. I hadn't realized it had been that long...

2008, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2021, 2022

Two titles and a Final Four in that run...but wow, the off years have been off.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is there any locker room video of our guys?

Reaction Score
Been waiting for a night like that for a long long time.

Thank you to the fans, the team, Hurley, and Benedict for making it happen

Reaction Score
God that's sad. I hadn't realized it had been that long...

2008, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2021, 2022

Two titles and a Final Four in that run...but wow, the off years have been off.
Try living through the 80's before Calhoun showed up.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
In the immortal words of Janis Joplin "get it while you can".

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Deserved to end with a W. For 38 minutes thr offense was crisp and stunningly disciplined. Broke down with a couple bad decisions/shots after the under 4 TO, but got lucky with some calls, nova misses and a couple heroic shots at the end. The tie up was epic, the charge was close but I think correct.

Huge reference marker for the program going forward. Nova played really well. We now know what it takes to beat an elite team when it plays well. Little margin for error. Even with the Techs, there were few fouls given and few TO's.

Reaction Score
We had another fiery coach that had some success. What makes you great, can also hurt you sometimes. He's much more the former. Also, the refs need to tune out the coaches some times, and make it more about the game than themselves. Other than the vendetta against Danny, I thought that the refs were pretty good.
Trust me I know and I'm a Dan Hurley fan. Just can't let his emotions get the best of him in a big game. He needs to get a little of Jay Wright cool in him when times get crazy. He can't cost the team in these situations. I felt the same way when Calhoun did them. Though it seemed Calhoun knew to do them when the team was playing bad and trying to get them stirred up. This was a tight game where we had the lead. Just my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom