Nova Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Nova Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Think Hurley & RJ were a tad happy?

(Donovan Clingan sighting)

dh-rjc-dc.jpg

Reaction Score
LOL. They wanted a blocking foul on Cole. That's what Gillespie usually gets in that situation.
I was reading a lot of accounts arguing the refs should never blow the whistle in that situation with that much time left.

This is why I wondered what they thought would happen.

Ball rolled out of bounds. No whistle so... ???

Crazy stuff.

Reaction Score
Yeah the foot he drags isn't the pivot foot at the time. Not a travel. Was a charge.
I think he's looking at the other foot, not the one he drags.

Looks like he lifts it just as he's making contact. If it was a travel, it came up a split second before contact, so they're not calling a travel there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was reading a lot of accounts arguing the refs should never blow the whistle in that situation with that much time left.

This is why I wondered what they thought would happen.

Ball rolled out of bounds. No whistle so... ???

Crazy stuff.
By the way, one of the worst things about the Hurley T was that Nova had just thrown a horrible pass that was going out of bounds. Would have been a turnover.

Reaction Score
Huge win, obviously. I haven’t heard the XL center that loud in years.

That being said, Hurley has to chill with the T’s. He just can’t control himself at times. I’ve never seen a coach try to pump up a crowd before. Even Calhoun knew where the line was. Hurley doesn’t seem to.

Reaction Score
I think he's looking at the other foot, not the one he drags.

Looks like he lifts it just as he's making contact. If it was a travel, it came up a split second before contact, so they're not calling a travel there.
His left foot made a last second small stutter step so that's why I think it's a travel. I had to look at it about ten times and stop start it several times. I get that with the naked eye it's nearly impossible to call correctly and that you'd have to call it from the baseline. Really tough to get the call right (assuming I'm right, lol).

Reaction Score
His left foot made a last second small stutter step so that's why I think it's a travel. I had to look at it about ten times and stop start it several times. I get that with the naked eye it's nearly impossible to call correctly and that you'd have to call it from the baseline. Really tough to get the call right (assuming I'm right, lol).
He definitely traveled earlier in the game when they made the phantom call off the double Whaley/Sanogo block that was also a non-foul

Reaction Score
Huge win, obviously. I haven’t heard the XL center that loud in years.

That being said, Hurley has to chill with the T’s. He just can’t control himself at times. I’ve never seen a coach try to pump up a crowd before. Even Calhoun knew where the line was. Hurley doesn’t seem to.
Are you serious? Hurley does it at least once every home game. It is not an uncommon occurrence elsewhere in college basketball either.

Reaction Score
Just caught on demand the ESPNU Radio show Full Ride on SiriusXM and they talked UConn for the first 10-15 minutes. Well balanced viewpoints and actually quite good pub for bball and a bit about fball. They're definitely on board with hoops in the BE again - saying we came back home essentially and want Mora to succeed. :)

Reaction Score
Looking at this team on paper it just seems like it's one of the most well rounded teams ever, loaded with veterans and deep. Seems like they've under performed in some prior games. Whatever that special element is to get them over the top they didn't have too many times.
The Xavier and Villanova games seem to indicate something has changed. That mental toughness at the end to do exactly what is necessary to get the win even when things aren't going great.
It can't be understated what a great job Kimani Young did filling in. That entire coaching staff Hurley has assembled is just first rate.
Time to get a little pay back on Creighton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom