Nova Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Nova Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Trust me I know and I'm a Dan Hurley fan. Just can't let his emotions get the best of him in a big game. He needs to get a little of Jay Wright cool in him when times get crazy. He can't cost the team in these situations. I felt the same way when Calhoun did them. Though it seemed Calhoun knew to do them when the team was playing bad and trying to get them stirred up. This was a tight game where we had the lead. Just my opinion.
Or get some of the Kimani coolness. Dude is the definition of cool - especially in the post game presser.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Remember the guy John Thompson recruited out of a post office? Michael Graham?
I remember him slugging Andre Hawkins of Syracuse in the 1984 BE final. The official initially ejected him but then changed his mind after Thompson bitched about it. GT won in overtime, and Boeheim threw a chair to finish his press conference.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, what is the over under on number of things headbutted by Hurley in the locker room during the game?

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, what is the over under on number of things headbutted by Hurley in the locker room during the game?
Hurley said in the post game that he wanted to come out on the court after the game and Dave Benedict had to convince him to stay back, so I'll set it at 1.5 and take the over

Reaction Score
I just read twitter accounts about the ending of the game and I'm generally wondering if fans even know basketball at all. A lot of people are blaming the charging call on the loss.

If there is no call, the ball rolls out of bounds.

It's the same exact result.

The call had absolutely no impact on the game.

Reaction Score
Hurley tweeting "Justice is served" is laugh out loud funny. The Big East better make a statement today about that egregious 2nd tech. If they go after Hurley again I'm gonna be livid. Breeding has to lose his BET assignment and should be banned from refereeing future UConn games. He clearly will hold a grudge against Hurley and call an unfair game

Also I've been critical about Hurley lately, I needed to see him be able to win this type of statement game. He shut me up for good. He is winning a national championship here, and it's coming soon.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I remember him slugging Andre Hawkins of Syracuse in the 1984 BE final. The official initially ejected him but then changed his mind after Thompson bitched about it. GT won in overtime, and Boeheim threw a chair to finish his press conference.
Good times.

Reaction Score

doncic is a uconn fan confirmed

The timing of the game was great. Just all around good scheduling. 8pm primetime start, plenty of time to lather up fans in Hartford. No other great games tonight, and the NBA is still in all star break, so all the NBA fans and players were watching our game (and Hurley technicals probably got around on Twitter and got even more eyeballs on the game in the second half). .

Reaction Score
Hurley tweeting "Justice is served" is laugh out loud funny. The Big East better make a statement today about that egregious 2nd tech. If they go after Hurley again I'm gonna be livid. Breeding has to lose his BET assignment and should be banned from refereeing future UConn games. He clearly will hold a grudge against Hurley and call an unfair game

Also I've been critical about Hurley lately, I needed to see him be able to win this type of statement game. He shut me up for good. He is winning a national championship here, and it's coming soon.
... in his Johnny Most voice.

Reaction Score
I just read twitter accounts about the ending of the game and I'm generally wondering if fans even know basketball at all. A lot of people are blaming the charging call on the loss.

I think the take-home message is that Nova fans are used to having the Refs in their back pocket.

They feel that play should be called a defensive foul 100% of the time, home or away. Just like the phantom foul called about 2 minutes prior when Gillespie had his lunch handed to him by Whaley & Sanogo. Foul was called by a ref totally out of position to make the call.

I remarked to my buddies how it must be nice to be Collin Gillespie. It’s Christmas Day 24/7 in his world usually when he’s on the court.

xclamations

Connbine
Reaction Score
There are two regular season games left,
but i doubt those are losses. Never understood what was so funny about me picking a 13-5 finish in a poll...
didnt say they were going to the final four.
Which they could do anyway

Reaction Score
Crazy that there hasn't been a single locker room video released. Dying to see what it was like in there post game

Reaction Score
Our defense was so good last night. The switches and discipline to not fall for the pump fake were critical. The pump fake is a big part of Villanova’s offense but on one is getting fooled twice with it. It’s clear that there have been conversations with the officials regarding CG’s habitual forearm shove. Even so, our guys adjusted to it and turned him around in the paint several times. The confidence on defense is HUGE going forward and Villanova is as tough to defend as anyone in the country.

Reaction Score
For you golfers out there, this reminds me of (one of) Tiger’s comeback a decade+ ago in this Nike commercial

The Big East is and should be scared….

Would love to see this video edited with Big East team logos for the golfers' heads.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

LOL. They wanted a blocking foul on Cole. That's what Gillespie usually gets in that situation.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yes, I thought it was quite clear. The jump ball? Maybe not. I'd be howling if that was us.
The thing about the jump ball call was that all contact was initiated by Gillespie, attempting (and a couple of times succeeding) in throwing his shoulder into Cole. I was surprised but thrilled with the call.

I think if Gillespie just tried to spin away from contact there would have been a foul called.

Reaction Score
Yes, I thought it was quite clear. The jump ball? Maybe not. I'd be howling if that was us.
I agree with that, though that being said he sets his right foot as his pivot foot upon receiving the ball and then really before the contact starts he has already picked up that pivot foot. Could have easily been called a travel before any foul was assessed. But agreed, I'd have the same gripes as Nova fans on that play if it went against UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom