Notre Dame/Michigan State on Big Ten Network at 7pm Eastern | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame/Michigan State on Big Ten Network at 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Loyd definitely supported the case for her being one of the three to see. She was fun to watch, and clearly has rubbed off on Allen.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hopefully, the Gamecocks will be more impressive in obliterating Clemson on Thursday night. I suppose I should be somewhat civil to their coach since she played with Dawn in college. That will probably be the only reason we don't win by 40.

Not trying to be funny, but who did the Gamecocks blow out last season?? Granted I didnt pay that much attention to them

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Incredible!! Really?? I'm watching the ND/Michigan St. game on the Big Ten Network (ND up 49-48 and looking very unimpressive), and the announcers just boasted that Notre Dame has the current longest consecutive game winning streak in women's college basketball at 53. Whaaaaaaat?? Yes, they even posted the graphic on the screen. Did they not witness the April 8, 2014, 79-58 ass kicking UConn administered to ND? Fifty-three game winning streak my ass.
Road win streak.
Actually the 53 was Regular Season win streak.

I know some of the announcers are difficult to listen to, but you gotta try to pay a little bit more attention. ;)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That game vs Maryland could be interesting as MD has a few big bodies inside. So does Duke.

I always find it humorous when people say things like this ..... I wouldnt trade ____ for ______ when it could never happen in real life. Kinda like me saying I wouldnt trade my car with the empty powerade bottle in the front seat for a 2014 Ferrari 458 with a case of unopened powerade in the passenger seat. :confused:

Not picking on you in particular... ive seen it a few times here on this site and others as well.

Let me say it differently...Davis was ranked 52 and Reimer was ranked 4, I believe, yet Davis is a much better player. That make more sense?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not trying to be funny, but who did the Gamecocks blow out last season?? Granted I didnt pay that much attention to them
Well depends on what a "blowout" is. If you go with a 30+ win then
Charleston Southern 99-29
San Diego St. 88-54
North Carolina Central 79-27
South Carolina St. 70-26
Savannah St. 82-40

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Loyd definitely supported the case for her being one of the three to see. She was fun to watch, and clearly has rubbed off on Allen.

Lloyd is a spectacular player and Allen looks much more offensive minded this year.

Reaction Score
When you consider the well-known consecutive game streaks in WCBB (UConn's and La Tech's), highlighting a regular season streak that's been interrupted by 2 NCAA FF losses is, well, pretty lame.

EXACTLY. Thank you, Cat. Next, they'll be promulgating the nation's longest winning streak for teams hosting a Tuesday night game and defeating a university from the state of Michigan beginning with the letter "S."

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
EXACTLY. Thank you, Cat. Next, they'll be promulgating the nation's longest winning streak for teams hosting a Tuesday night game and defeating a university from the state of Michigan beginning with the letter "S."

Well, are there any other notable winning streaks to discuss? Discussing this streak is simply a way of highlighting ND's sustained success.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They had some big wins last season but what spelled trouble for them were the single digit wins (they had about 6 of them that were against average to below average competition).

they beat teams like Charleston Southern, SDSU, NC Central, SC State and Savannah State by over 30. But more troubling were the single digit wins over teams like Wintrhop, Arkansas, Vandy, Auburn, Mississippi State, Georgia, and Oregon.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We blew out both LSU and Kentucky on the road last season.

How about tonight, however? Carolina 99 Clemson 41. I'd say that's a blowout over an ACC team, albeit a lower echelon team from the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom