Notre Dame/Michigan State on Big Ten Network at 7pm Eastern | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame/Michigan State on Big Ten Network at 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Turner = Tigger

She's made out of rubber & springs !!

Really long, too; and fast down the court.

It's very early but if MM can coach her up this year she's going to pose a big matchup problem for a lot of teams.

Reaction Score
Incredible!! Really?? I'm watching the ND/Michigan St. game on the Big Ten Network (ND up 49-48 and looking very unimpressive), and the announcers just boasted that Notre Dame has the current longest consecutive game winning streak in women's college basketball at 53. Whaaaaaaat?? Yes, they even posted the graphic on the screen. Did they not witness the April 8, 2014, 79-58 ass kicking UConn administered to ND? Fifty-three game winning streak my ass.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Incredible!! Really?? I'm watching the ND/Michigan St. game on the Big Ten Network (ND up 49-48 and looking very unimpressive), and the announcers just boasted that Notre Dame has the current longest consecutive game winning streak in women's college basketball at 53. Whaaaaaaat?? Yes, they even posted the graphic on the screen. Did they not witness the April 8, 2014, 79-58 ass kicking UConn administered to ND? Fifty-three game winning streak my ass.

calm down.jpg

Its not that serious, is it ?

Reaction Score

Road win streak.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Turner drives a hundred miles an hour into the player standing in front of her and they call the defender for the foul. Good to see the Irish magic with the refs is still intact.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Someone needs to pay closer attention. Squirrel!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I've now seen UCONN, SC and Notre Dame and there is no clear number 1. Notre Dame certainly didn't impress me any more than USC. Turner won't get all this layups against SC or UCONN. Lloyd will have to carry ND against teams with a good inside presences and SC will have 4 bodies to throw at her.

I'm still not sure how Reimer was ranked so high coming out of high school. I wouldn't trade Nina Davis for two Reimers.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Turner drives a hundred miles an hour into the player standing in front of her and they call the defender for the foul. Good to see the Irish magic with the refs is still intact.

Didn't have much magic with the refs when Turner, Loyd, Reimer, and Westbeld were all in foul trouble in the first half.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Pretty good effort by Michigan State. They need a good point guard and another scorer. I think their best post player Agee is injured. Defensively they turned the Irish in to one-on-one players. Loyd is an excellent one-on-one player but it wasn't her most efficient night. When was the last time a ND team had only 8 assists and shot 37%? ND's passing game will get better but, as expected, it's not there right now. Still, nice road win.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Notre Dame is definitely not the same team they were a year ago. Lots of similarities between Notre Dame's performance and UCONN's. Neither team has a ton of on court chemistry yet, lots of "let's get the ball to the best player and watch her go."

That said--Notre Dame was able to grind out an ugly win. Loyd is extremely dynamic and started out hot but struggled as the game went on. Was short on many jumpers, didn't finish well at the basket, just looked exhausted by the end of it.

Aerial Powers for Michigan State is fantastic. Great mid range shot, strong driver, finishes in the post. I think she'll be one of the more underrated players in the nation this year, she is a handful to defend.

Lindsey Allen was more aggressive offensively tonight than she was last year. She got into the lane and looked for her shot. I think she'll be a primary scorer for Notre Dame this year, she'll be one of the better point guards in the country.

Taya Reimer was a no show. Didn't see any signs of improvement from last year. I'm not sure how she was a consensus top 5 recruit, she doesn't have a wealth of post moves, is a poor defender, doesn't make great decisions and doesn't strike me as very athletic. She's played 2 games into her sophomore year so she has a long way to go, but I don't see her living up to her high school ranking.

Brianna Turner is very very long. Probably gives Stewart a good run for her money in that department. She is still pretty raw, definitely is more comfortable scoring around the basket, but if she can develop a mid range game, better body control and ball handling to drive to the rim, she is going to be an absolute nightmare to match up against. There were times where she looked a little out of control, but the potential is definitely there. A few times she took the ball from 10-15 feet away and blew by her defender for a lay up or a chance to get to the line. Was much quicker than either MSU post and got them into foul trouble. Hit 7/8 free throws, although a couple were pretty ugly that went in (clanged against the backboard and rim, then dropped in).

Mabrey was a no-show, no one else on Notre Dame really stuck out. It's so early in the season that you can't read too much into the team, although it is worth noting that this time last year, Notre Dame blew out Michigan State by 19 and had 23 assists.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I've now seen UCONN, SC and Notre Dame and there is no clear number 1. Notre Dame certainly didn't impress me any more than USC. Turner won't get all this layups against SC or UCONN. Lloyd will have to carry ND against teams with a good inside presences and SC will have 4 bodies to throw at her. .

That game vs Maryland could be interesting as MD has a few big bodies inside. So does Duke.

I'm still not sure how Reimer was ranked so high coming out of high school. I wouldn't trade Nina Davis for two Reimers.

I always find it humorous when people say things like this ..... I wouldnt trade ____ for ______ when it could never happen in real life. Kinda like me saying I wouldnt trade my car with the empty powerade bottle in the front seat for a 2014 Ferrari 458 with a case of unopened powerade in the passenger seat. :confused:

Not picking on you in particular... ive seen it a few times here on this site and others as well.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
No, because they counted all 5 ND NCAA tourney wins in the 53 streak. bogus
No, their numbers were correct. They only included regular season games.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
When you consider the well-known consecutive game streaks in WCBB (UConn's and La Tech's), highlighting a regular season streak that's been interrupted by 2 NCAA FF losses is, well, pretty lame.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
When you consider the well-known consecutive game streaks in WCBB (UConn's and La Tech's), highlighting a regular season streak that's been interrupted by 2 NCAA FF losses is, well, pretty lame.

It's not the same as winning championships, but I'd be proud of that if it were my team. What's more impressive to me is the road game winning streak. The only difficult road game they have this year (besides the one tonight) is at UNC. I wouldn't be surprised to see this streak extend into 2015-16.

Reaction Score
Really? Nashville, Tennessee, April 8, 2014 is a road game loss

No. It's a neutral court loss.

And someone already corrected me above -- the streak refers to regular season wins.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I've now seen UCONN, SC and Notre Dame and there is no clear number 1. Notre Dame certainly didn't impress me any more than USC. Turner won't get all this layups against SC or UCONN. Lloyd will have to carry ND against teams with a good inside presences and SC will have 4 bodies to throw at her.

Hopefully, the Gamecocks will be more impressive in obliterating Clemson on Thursday night. I suppose I should be somewhat civil to their coach since she played with Dawn in college. That will probably be the only reason we don't win by 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom