Noth Carolina's Tourney NCAA Games Out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Noth Carolina's Tourney NCAA Games Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think I read that somewhere. 5 posts before yours. :)

The credit is yours. Hooper drives the boat, Chief!

I really wanted to use that line in an argument between you and Chief00, but I haven't seen it happen, in recent memory.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
ACC follows suit. I guess the ACC never heard of the Big Ten.
If Big Ten offers North Carolina a spot without all of the political correctness, where does that leave the ACC?
But the addition of North Carolina and UConn to the Big Ten gives the Big Ten the East Coast from NC right up into the heart of New England, not to mention a stranglehold on NYC.

Reaction Score
image.jpeg

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
It is my understanding that RM99 has volunteered to move to North Carolina to check the credentials of anyone using the men's and woman's public bathrooms.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
ACC follows suit. I guess the ACC never heard of the Big Ten.
If Big Ten offers North Carolina a spot without all of the political correctness, where does that leave the ACC?
But the addition of North Carolina and UConn to the Big Ten gives the Big Ten the East Coast from NC right up into the heart of New England, not to mention a stranglehold on NYC.

So what do you expect the B1G pitch to be, "Switch to our conference, we aren't politically correct"? Do you think the B1G is going to schedule conference championship games in NC if UNC does switch? Do you know that UNC is looking for an invite to the B1G? What about NC State? Do you know that UNC leadership is pro-discirmination based on sexual orientation?

There is so much wrong with the logic in your post, it's mind-boggling.

Reaction Score
To pnow15. That is One of many things wrong with the law, besides being discriminatory, who is going to check birth certificates vs. genitalia? And I unfortunately already live there! There are many good things about NC but being a UCONN fan and someone not happy with many of their antiquated views on human rights it can be difficult. Sometimes getting the attention of residents, athletics need to get involved. NC fans attention is quickly gotten when their teams are involved in the situation. I will try not to respond to any more posts on this subject because I know it is getting close to cesspool material.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
To pnow15. That is One of many things wrong with the law, besides being discriminatory, who is going to check birth certificates vs. genitalia? And I unfortunately already live there! There are many good things about NC but being a UCONN fan and someone not happy with many of their antiquated views on human rights it can be difficult. Sometimes getting the attention of residents, athletics need to get involved. NC fans attention is quickly gotten when their teams are involved in the situation. I will try not to respond to any more posts on this subject because I know it is getting close to cesspool material.

Being a UCONN in NC, what with our record against Duke, must be absolutely fantastic.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
So what do you expect the B1G pitch to be, "Switch to our conference, we aren't politically correct"? Do you think the B1G is going to schedule conference championship games in NC if UNC does switch? Do you know that UNC is looking for an invite to the B1G? What about NC State? Do you know that UNC leadership is pro-discirmination based on sexual orientation?

There is so much wrong with the logic in your post, it's mind-boggling.
Who cares about NC State. The B1G has been targeting NC forever. They would have taken NC over either Rutgers or MD.
This gives NC and the state legislature an excuse to move out of the ACC, saying that the ACC did not have its back.
The issue is state's rights. And that is how the B1G will frame it.
It all about television dollars.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Who cares about NC State. The B1G has been targeting NC forever. They would have taken NC over either Rutgers or MD.
This gives NC and the state legislature an excuse to move out of the ACC, saying that the ACC did not have its back.
The issue is state's rights. And that is how the B1G will frame it.
It all about television dollars.

Unless I am missing something...doesn't your point assume that UNC disagrees with the ACC's decisions? I would guess UNC is against HB2 also...aren't they?

Reaction Score
Unless I am missing something...doesn't your point assume that UNC disagrees with the ACC's decisions? I would guess UNC is against HB2 also...aren't they?

UNC administration has gone from WTF and then tried to toe the line as a public university in North Carolina to 'no.' I suspect that the athletic side of UNC may disagree; but, this law hurts college admissions, staff, donations (especially corporate), and career services.

Message from University leaders: Update on House Bill 2 - The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

HB2: UNC system says it won't enforce transgender bathroom rules

Duke was saying hell no in April with Coach K adding during an Olympic interview - "“It’s an embarrassing bill,” Krzyzewski told USA TODAY Sports. “That’s all I’m going to say about it.” He was later backed-up by UNC's Williams and NC State's Gottfried.

Statement from Duke University Leaders Regarding HB2

I am reading this as an attempt by UNC with support from at least Duke and NC State through the ACC as a push to eliminate the law because while the folks who came-up with it may not care about private funding and career services at UNC, they car about Tar Heel sports.

Reaction Score
NC just dropped the suit against the Obama admin. now they will try to get back what they lost, home NCAA games for their tourney teams.

Reaction Score

The obvious scare tactic and factually delinquent video you posted relies on the logic that a law requiring the use of a sexually specific bathroom based upon you're birth certificate will somehow stop sexual predators from walking into the opposite bathroom and molesting a woman. Sexual predators can walk into any bathroom and do that now. Rape and molestation are illegal and carry severe (not severe enough) penalties and yet they still happen far too often. What's this new magic law going to do that the existing laws requiring jail time aren't already doing? How about strengthening the existing laws and punishments to prevent sexual predation period? Or does that make too much sense?

The only thing this law is meant to do is target, demean and specifically exclude a minority group from living the life that makes them most comfortable.

Reaction Score
Did they repeal the law that drove events out of the state?
Maybe that's the next shoe to drop. You're right if they don't repeal it won't be enough, but the article said the financial repercussions were too great for the state so they dropped the suit. 5 billion lost.

Reaction Score
According to this article...they stand to lose $5b. DeCourcy does a good job explaining the issue and the impact.

Sports fans in North Carolina pay price for desperate HB2 supporters' discrimination

$5B seemed WAY high, and I was further skeptical about a report from a law school and not an economist -- measuring impacts is tricky, and very often overstated, so you need someone who knows what they're doing to get it right.

So I looked up the report. $4.7B of the $5B comes from "funding for public schools, colleges, and universities." To my knowledge, none of that has happened. The lost concerts & events have a pretty small impact.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Don't you think that the state legislature ultimately decides what UNC agrees with?
Where does the money come from to run the college?

Reaction Score
Don't you think that the state legislature ultimately decides what UNC agrees with?
Where does the money come from to run the college?

Yes, UNC, like all public universities, are funded by the state; but the University is run by an independent Board of Trustees, of which 8 are elected from the Board of Governors and 4 are by the Governor.

Membership - Board of Trustees

The Board of Govenors is also independent and covers the entire UNC system. not just Chapel Hill.

Leadership and Policy | UNC GA

Most colleges I know, outside of budgets, resist state politicians from influencing university operations as much as possible. If that was not the case, UNC would have been closed decades ago if Jesse Helms had his way.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yes, UNC, like all public universities, are funded by the state; but the University is run by an independent Board of Trustees, of which 8 are elected from the Board of Governors and 4 are by the Governor.

Membership - Board of Trustees

The Board of Govenors is also independent and covers the entire UNC system. not just Chapel Hill.

Leadership and Policy | UNC GA

Most colleges I know, outside of budgets, resist state politicians from influencing university operations as much as possible. If that was not the case, UNC would have been closed decades ago if Jesse Helms had his way.
Heard he was against African Studies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog