Not a lot of rumors flying lately | The Boneyard

Not a lot of rumors flying lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Vehicles of rumors has not been in motion lately? People from random caves in West Virginia and cabins in Montana need to step up there games. I personally would like the guy of ct to come back, maybe even melt groovy. Times were way more fun when they were around. Other then the usually like tux yoda and the dude they were fun to follow. Sucks that the acc gor ruined a lot of them. Everyone knew that they were entertainment but to many took them seriously or just got annoyed. Chill people just took them for entertainment and enjoyed them for what they were.

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV and Tuxedo Yoda are back. Just put it in non-key tweets for fun.

Reaction Score
I had a call from Maryland athletic marketing today. I bought my tickets last year for our game through them.(sorry I like 50 yard line seats) After telling him I was UCONN fan we had long conversations about Edsall and how he was thought of here and how he hoped they would let him be accepted there. Things did not sound good for him. But what really bothered me when I told him congrats on getting into the big and how as a Uconn fan we were envious. Total silence and he changed the conversation. Take it for what it is worth.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I had a call from Maryland athletic marketing today. I bought my tickets last year for our game through them.(sorry I like 50 yard line seats) After telling him I was UCONN fan we had long conversations about Edsall and how he was thought of here and how he hoped they would let him be accepted there. Things did not sound good for him. But what really bothered me when I told him congrats on getting into the big and how as a Uconn fan we were envious. Total silence and he changed the conversation. Take it for what it is worth.

Everyone is fired up for Michigan but the Maryland game will be awesome. If you hate Edsall it's a huge opportunity to bury him.

He's got a decent roster and they have no reason not to be at least 7-5.

Reaction Score
Everyone is fired up for Michigan but the Maryland game will be awesome. If you hate Edsall it's a huge opportunity to bury him.

He's got a decent roster and they have no reason not to be at least 7-5.

I'm really hoping the stadium is packed and really loud on that Saturday

Reaction Score
The FSU AD leaving is another good story. We need movement. We don't need people being happy with things as they are.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
He was silent because the majority of UMD fans are pissed they are leaving the ACC. They used to, not sure if it's still up, have a facebook page with tons of followers demanding Maryland stay in the ACC. Ungrateful bastards!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Anyone else still get random calls from the Bobcats for going to the game before the Meineke Bowl?

Reaction Score
He was silent because the majority of UMD fans are pissed they are leaving the ACC. They used to, not sure if it's still up, have a facebook page with tons of followers demanding Maryland stay in the ACC. Ungrateful bastards!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That and the fact that when you are in litigation your lawyer tells you to STFU.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Anyone else still get random calls from the Bobcats for going to the game before the Meineke Bowl?
So even they have a marketing dept?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So even they have a marketing dept?

They do call me more often than UConn. I dropped my HCC basketball tickets a few years ago and they have never called me once.

I bought 3 Bobcat cheap seats 5 years ago and they won't go away.

Reaction Score
They do call me more often than UConn. I dropped my HCC basketball tickets a few years ago and they have never called me once.

I bought 3 Bobcat cheap seats 5 years ago and they won't go away.

Not their fault that no one in the state of North Carolina wants to see them play.

Reaction Score
Vehicles of rumors has not been in motion lately? People from random caves in West Virginia and cabins in Montana need to step up there games. I personally would like the guy of ct to come back, maybe even melt groovy. Times were way more fun when they were around. Other then the usually like tux yoda and the dude they were fun to follow. Sucks that the acc gor ruined a lot of them. Everyone knew that they were entertainment but to many took them seriously or just got annoyed. Chill people just took them for entertainment and enjoyed them for what they were.

Just curious, why not join the Big East collect $3 million, then play football in the MAC and collect an extra $1 million? UConn would make double what they do in the AAC.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Just curious, why not join the Big East collect $3 million, then play football in the MAC and collect an extra $1 million? UConn would make double what they do in the AAC.

One of the weaker troll attempts I've seen.

Nelson, is that you??

Reaction Score

It makes no sense for UCONN to join the MAC for football. AAC contract might blow, but it is only for 6 years with good exposure. UCONN can survive with exit money for 6 years. At least most AAC schools are investing in their FB programs while I am not sure about any of the MAC schools. Anyway, most of us here don't expect UCONN to stay in the AAC for too long.

Reaction Score
It makes no sense for UCONN to join the MAC for football. AAC contract might blow, but it is only for 6 years with good exposure. UCONN can survive with exit money for 6 years. At least most AAC schools are investing in their FB programs while I am not sure about any of the MAC schools. Anyway, most of us here don't expect UCONN to stay in the AAC for too long.

Just thought the travel and rivals would be better in the Big East plus the extra money, but if you aren't sticking around I guess it wouldn't make sense. The MAC is investing in their teams though. Buffalo, Northern Illinois, Ohio, etc all undergoing facilities and stadium upgrades.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Just thought the travel and rivals would be better in the Big East plus the extra money, but if you aren't sticking around I guess it wouldn't make sense. The MAC is investing in their teams though. Buffalo, Northern Illinois, Ohio, etc all undergoing facilities and stadium upgrades.

There aren't too many rivals in the Big East anymore that I care about enough to play football in the MAC. I'd rather build something with Cincy, Temple, Memphis then play Providence, St Johns, etc in bball and have to see Buffalo EVERY year on the schedule.

Reaction Score
Delaware or James Madison rumored to be joining soon to balance out UMass.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Buffalo rebranding as "New York's State University" and is changing their uniforms and basketball court logos etc.

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2013/6/6/4401282/new-york-state-bulls-branding

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You may or may not be a troll, but that court is pretty awesome.

Reaction Score
You may or may not be a troll, but that court is pretty awesome.

Im just a MAC fan and not so much of a UB fan, but think it is a great idea and looks sharp. I hear Syracuse is annoyed, but UB as New York's largest state university and only public FBS team, feels that they should be able to claim being New York's flagship program and is rolling out those logos everywhere to make a push to make a claim over 'Cuse.

Reaction Score
Im just a MAC fan and not so much of a UB fan, but think it is a great idea and looks sharp. I hear Syracuse is annoyed, but UB as New York's largest state university and only public FBS team, feels that they should be able to claim being New York's flagship program and is rolling out those logos everywhere to make a push to make a claim over 'Cuse.

And this rebranding, which is the idea of the Duke AD's son, now AD at UB, flies in the face of a decade or more rebranding to UB (which has finally stuck) away from the SUNY name! So it's actually quite funny. By the time this rebranding works, there may be no teams left!

When I was growing up, the school was known as SUNY Buffalo. Now it's known as UB or UBuffalo.

Reaction Score

So, UCONN would walk away from $20M in exit fee money, this years guaranteed BCS payout, residual NCAA tourney units, etc. for $4M? I'm sure the time will come to leave behind cash as part of an exit deal, but it should be in return for a much greater windfall.

Reaction Score

And this rebranding, which is the idea of the Duke AD's son, now AD at UB, flies in the face of a decade or more rebranding to UB (which has finally stuck) away from the SUNY name! So it's actually quite funny. By the time this rebranding works, there may be no teams left! When I was growing up, the school was known as SUNY Buffalo. Now it's known as UB or UBuffalo.

White said in a release. "As fans are watching our games in Alumni Arena, we want the message to serve as a reminder that UB is not just a great institution in the city of Buffalo, but it also ranks as the largest and most comprehensive public university in the state and the only Division I FBS program in the SUNY system. With an alumni base that reaches across New York, we felt it was time to capitalize on our status in the Empire State, similar to our peer AAU institutions that compete at the FBS level across the country."

I admit I have no personal historical context to draw upon with respect to this university. However, I do find this rebrand of interest as it relates to the B1G. This statement, "With an alumni base that reaches across New York, we felt it was time to capitalize on our status in the Empire State, similar to our peer AAU institutions that compete at the FBS level across the country.", can be interpreted as a direct message to the B1G. The idea of UB in the B1G may be fantasy, laughable, ridiculous, etc. to some of you. However, an AAU public research university with a FBS football team in the state of New York on an upward trajectory with their strategic plan (http://www.buffalo.edu/ub2020/about/what_is_ub_2020.html) could at least get a look, perhaps no more, from the B1G which desires expansion into the east.

There are connections between UB, UConn and Ohio State. As you know, your athletic director, held that position at UB just before his start at UConn. Joseph Alutto our (Ohio State) Executive Vice President and Provost and now interim president served from 1976 to 1990 as the Dean of the SUNY-Buffalo School of Management. UB is going to have an opportunity to test themselves against a B1G team when it plays Ohio State to open the 2013 season. These connections may not mean a whole h*** of a lot but they do exist.

I have clearly stated on your board that I feel UConn would be a great addition to the B1G. However, you have another problem, aside from lack of AAU membership, getting into the B1G and that is who is going to be a #16 school to you as #15. To use a phrase from Frank "a Noah's ark approach" is what is going to happen moving forward. Make fun of the idea of UB to the B1G all you want. It does not change the fact that you need another school to get into the B1G. Again, you can outright dismiss the idea of UB to the B1G or you can begin to advance the idea that UB, an AAU public research university with a FBS football team in the state of New York, combined with UConn offers significant potential to make the B1G the dominant conference in the northeast and NYC in particular. You want in the B1G? Find a partner school and promote the h*** out of each other as great additions to the B1G and how the two of you complete the B1G's goal of being a true bi-regional conference.

Reaction Score
White said in a release. "As fans are watching our games in Alumni Arena, we want the message to serve as a reminder that UB is not just a great institution in the city of Buffalo, but it also ranks as the largest and most comprehensive public university in the state and the only Division I FBS program in the SUNY system. With an alumni base that reaches across New York, we felt it was time to capitalize on our status in the Empire State, similar to our peer AAU institutions that compete at the FBS level across the country."

I admit I have no personal historical context to draw upon with respect to this university. However, I do find this rebrand of interest as it relates to the B1G. This statement, "With an alumni base that reaches across New York, we felt it was time to capitalize on our status in the Empire State, similar to our peer AAU institutions that compete at the FBS level across the country.", can be interpreted as a direct message to the B1G. The idea of UB in the B1G may be fantasy, laughable, ridiculous, etc. to some of you. However, an AAU public research university with a FBS football team in the state of New York on an upward trajectory with their strategic plan (http://www.buffalo.edu/ub2020/about/what_is_ub_2020.html) could at least get a look, perhaps no more, from the B1G which desires expansion into the east.

There are connections between UB, UConn and Ohio State. As you know, your athletic director, held that position at UB just before his start at UConn. Joseph Alutto our (Ohio State) Executive Vice President and Provost and now interim president served from 1976 to 1990 as the Dean of the SUNY-Buffalo School of Management. UB is going to have an opportunity to test themselves against a B1G team when it plays Ohio State to open the 2013 season. These connections may not mean a whole h* of a lot but they do exist.

I have clearly stated on your board that I feel UConn would be a great addition to the B1G. However, you have another problem, aside from lack of AAU membership, getting into the B1G and that is who is going to be a #16 school to you as #15. To use a phrase from Frank "a Noah's ark approach" is what is going to happen moving forward. Make fun of the idea of UB to the B1G all you want. It does not change the fact that you need another school to get into the B1G. Again, you can outright dismiss the idea of UB to the B1G or you can begin to advance the idea that UB, an AAU public research university with a FBS football team in the state of New York, combined with UConn offers significant potential to make the B1G the dominant conference in the northeast and NYC in particular. You want in the B1G? Find a partner school and promote the h* out of each other as great additions to the B1G and how the two of you complete the B1G's goal of being a true bi-regional conference.

Unless the B1G wants to take UB under its wing by admitting them now prior to any commitments or investments by UB, it just ain't happening (I'm referring to the UB side of things). It is likelier that UB become a BU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom