Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Kave Koval Commits to the Irish!

At her announcement (made at LI Lutheran High School) she never said a word about what schools; just took off her jacket and there was a green long-sleeve ND T-shirt!

Woo Hoo! First bona fide center for the Irish since Jess Shepard

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Never si
Coach Ivey is building something special in south bend.

Mulkey continues to whiff badly for recruits in the top 10 as usual:D

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA Championships

Oh well, we have ADR, who has such a high ceiling.

EDIT: Congrats ND fans. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Never said a word about what schools, just took off her jacket and there was a green long-sleeve T shirt!
This is a “big” get for the Irish, pun intended :p

LSU will be fine, they have Del Rosario, ol Kimmie was just being greedy :rolleyes:

Hidalgo and Koval will be a great pg to post combo.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Never said a word about what schools, just took off her jacket and there was a green long-sleeve T shirt!

Hey @TheFarmFan -- Tara got Kennedy Umeh! Niele's turn ;)

Reaction Score
per LSU insider, it’s now Strong, Cambridge, Edwards or bust for 2024 recruiting.

Kim pushing all in for the top 3

Reaction Score
per LSU insider, it’s now Strong, Cambridge, Edwards or bust for 2024 recruiting.

Kim pushing all in for the top 3
Sounds like a dumb strategy for a coach who historically can never close the deal on such highly rated recruits, and Joyce is essentially a lock to SC so you are down to two..

LSU the new Tennessee? No HS recruits and only portal kids? Sad program

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Reaction Score
Sounds like a dumb strategy for a coach who historically can never close the deal on such highly rated recruits, and Joyce is essentially a lock to SC so you are down to two..

Didn’t she sign one of the top five players last year?

Reaction Score
Mikaylah a Louisiana product doesn’t count

I think recruiting will become an issue in the future if she doesn’t adjust. She doesn’t have the luxury of instate talent like at Baylor. It’s gonna get worse for LSU with Texas and OU joining the SEC…

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Mikayla Williams #2 and Aaylah Del Rosario #7. I think ADR is rated too high, but we will see. Saw her play in about 5 games for Team USA. Not a starter. Solid but not special. Williams should be the real deal.

Reaction Score
Mikayla Williams #2 and Aaylah Del Rosario #7. I think ADR is rated too high, but we will see. Saw her play in about 5 games for Team USA. Not a starter. Solid but not special. Williams should be the real deal.
ADR is not in shape and shoots free throws shots at a 44% clip in HS. How she was even a top 50 or top 75 recruit remains a mystery. She will be recruited over the next two years and I won’t be shocked if she hit the portal. I stand by the Hannah Gusters comparison except Gusters is way better than her…

Reaction Score

I wouldn’t count them out yet. Jaloni Cambridge and Sarah Strong could very well still end up there, as well as 32nd ranked Me’arah O’Neal.

Having a #1 class has it’s benefits, but the downside is that a lot of recruits won’t want to spend 3 years playing behind the class ahead of them.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t count them out yet. Jaloni Cambridge and Sarah Strong could very well still end up there, as well as 32nd ranked Me’arah O’Neal.

Having a #1 class has it’s benefits, but the downside is that a lot of recruits won’t want to spend 3 years playing behind the class ahead of them.
LSU folks officially confirmed they won’t attempt to bring O’Neal in for a visit, they haven’t been in contact since may. She will be somewhere other than lsu. Florida won’t surprise me as she gets to play in the SEC and close to family down there plus playing time is a factor per one of her interviews

Reaction Score
Hey @TheFarmFan -- Tara got Kennedy Umeh! Niele's turn ;)
Congrats to ND.There are Bigs and big Posts. She looks like the best big Post prospect of this year. Maybe since Boston (who was the #3 prospect in her class). We'll see.

Do you HAVE to have a Post to win a championship? No, but I think it helps if one of your Bigs is a true Post who can dominate with her back to the basket.

Reaction Score
She says that Maryland and SCar didn't even "recruit" her. No sure that's true, but we apparently never offered. She says UConn "recruited" her but she wants to beat UConn rather than play for them. Kinda' negates on old article that claimed that she had an offer from Dawn when she spent the one year playing for a private school in Darlington, SC.

She seems to have a lot of talent. Makes one wonder why the "powers" of wbb seemed uninterested.
5ft5

Reaction Score
As far as I know you are only allowed 15 scholarship players on a team correct? So while you can offer as many players as you like, if you have 12 spots taken heading in to next year you can only add 3 players to next year's roster right?

Reaction Score
As far as I know you are only allowed 15 scholarship players on a team correct? So while you can offer as many players as you like, if you have 12 spots taken heading in to next year you can only add 3 players to next year's roster right?
We have 11 only so we can certainly add 4. Kamilla will almost certainly turn pro after this year. So, Reduce us to 10 veterans going into next year.

Add Maddy and the roster is back up to 11. . That means we could theoretically add 4 more to the ‘24 class.

We won’t sign 4 in addition to Maddy. Maybe two for a total class of three. That would bring us to total roster of 14 if Kamilla comes back. 13 if she goes pro.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
We have 11 only so we can certainly add 4. Kamilla will almost certainly turn pro after this year. So, Reduce us to 10 veterans going into next year.

Add Maddy and the roster is back up to 11. . That means we could theoretically add 4 more to the ‘24 class.

We won’t sign 4 in addition to Maddy. Maybe two for a total class of three. That would bring us to total roster of 14 if Kamilla comes back. 13 if she goes pro.
Pao Pao could leave after this year as well.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
So, as we come up to "the clock is ticking" on a few very important 2024 prospects and the National Signing Period,
does anyone know/guess of impending official visits (OV's)?

Speaking for The Bench, I know of no impending OV's (or unofficial visits for that matter), but if Coach Ivey and Recruiting Director Michaela Mabrey have any planned, Oct. 14th and the USC (that would be the University of Southern California Trojans) come to South Bend for a night game. If Marcus Freeman's football team can beat Louisville on Saturday, that could have some glam factor.
The only possible 2024 were prospects that expressed a heretofore unknown or late interest in the Irish: Joyce Edwards or MacKenly Randolph.

Randolph wants to leave California, based on her finalists, while I think it would be a tall order to get Ms. Edwards out of the southeast (you know, that "other" USC). Maybe Edwards and ND frosh Hannah Hidalgo hit it off to merit a trip to South Bend. Stat tuned.

So, to repeat: Anyone else got information on other schools and prospects?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom