Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She’s not ranked as high, but Adhel Tac looks like she could be a sleeping giant for Dawn. She’s 6-5 or 6-6, long and has a solid frame. In the clips I’ve seen she looks like a good athlete.

Trust me, I've followed Tac with her being from Texas. I know she got injured last season; not sure if she's fully recovered. She fell in the recruiting rankings the last year (perhaps because of the injury?). She's very good defensively with great athletic ability and length, but she's not as polished offensively, IMO, as Boston or Cardoso at the same point in high school. She's definitely a great addition and will definitely develop all around. If she gets homesick and wants to return to Texas, I'll welcome her to Austin!

Reaction Score
If she gets homesick and wants to return to Texas, I'll welcome her to Austin!
Ho boy. Hopefully we won’t go down that road again. The program is in a much better place and Dawn is surely much better prepared as a coach to deal with that situation should it arise again. :oops:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Dee Alexander narrows down her consideration list to 15. (Ah, to be in such demand!)
Alexander is Cincy-based, so some local/regional schools, as well as some familiar logos here.

FWIW, her AAU Team -- the West Virginia Thunder -- is coached by Former ND player Mychal Johnson's dad. Coach Ivey has a good relationship with the family Johnson, but that will probably have no bearing going forward.

Alexander was also she was on the same U.S.A. squad with other Irish (and other) recruiting targets, McKenna Woliczko and Addison Bjorn.

Tip of the hat to IrishFan2008 over on The Bench for surfacing this announcement in and among Thanksgiving eats! ;)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
@triaddukefan is going to be triggered, because that looks like most of the same schools as just about every other cut list.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Addison Bjorn visits Notre Dame, who offered her in June 2023. She's also been offered a numerous other schools, including UConn. A friend of mine who has seen her play says she has many attributes of ND's Sonia Citron. This is a good thing. ;)

This is the thumbnail sketch I've posted on the Bench.
- Addison Bjorn (#8 in Hoopgurlz), a 6'1" guard from Park Hiil South in Missouri, just outside of Kansas City. Played on U.S.A. U-16 Team in Mexico. Publicized offer from ND in late June. Took unofficial, on-campos visit to ND in Winter 2024.

(Thanks for IrishFan2008 for finding and posting on The Bench.)

Reaction Score
Has picked up an offer from Notre Dame. The list of offers is impressive.

Reaction Score
My hope is that Sarah Strong joins the UConn squad!!
About a month ago I thought the battle would have been between NC State and UConn. This talk about Strong considering South Carolina came out of left field and we look to be an actual contender...so color me shocked (and excited!).

Reaction Score
About a month ago I thought the battle would have been between NC State and UConn. This talk about Strong considering South Carolina came out of left field and we look to be an actual contender...so color me shocked (and excited!).
I knew Dawn had not given up on recruiting her. However, her OV to SCar surprised me because Strong had not expressed any reciprocal interest in us prior to then.

Reaction Score

Maggie Vanoni

@maggie_vanoni

UConn target Sarah Strong is also a finalist. Strong is the No. 1 ranked recruit in the Class of 2024. A source confirmed to CT Insider, that Geno Auriemma is traveling to North Carolina today to see Strong/Grace Christian HS compete in their playoff semifinals

Wonder when we will see the next Bayou Barbie appearance in North Carolina?

Reaction Score
Nc State had been out of it since the summer.

Reaction Score

Maggie Vanoni
@maggie_vanoni

UConn target Sarah Strong is also a finalist. Strong is the No. 1 ranked recruit in the Class of 2024. A source confirmed to CT Insider, that Geno Auriemma is traveling to North Carolina today to see Strong/Grace Christian HS compete in their playoff semifinals

Wonder when we will see the next Bayou Barbie appearance in North Carolina?
would not be shocked if CDS is in the crowd watching also

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Was Strong in for an OV during the UConn game? I knew she was in attendance, but had not heard it was an official.

Reaction Score
Was Strong in for an OV during the UConn game? I knew she was in attendance, but had not heard it was an official.
Both parents were with her. School can provide tickets only if it’s an unofficial. Do you know what the cost would have been for three UConn game tickets where she was sitting? I mean , I guess they could have bought them before that section sold out but that would speak volumes in itself. The Strongs aren’t poors, but still . . . .

Did they spend their own money and time on gas to drive? It’s only a 7 hour round trip. 2 hour game. Or did they pay for their own plane tickets. Down and back in a day, or did they stay overnight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Both parents were with her. School can provide tickets only if it’s an unofficial. Do you know what the cost would have been for three UConn game tickets where she was sitting? I mean , I guess they could have bought them before that section sold out but that would speak volumes in itself. The Strongs aren’t poors, but still . . . .
Nc State had been out of it since the summer.
Did anyone from her camp or NC State’s ever say that ?(no.) did her dad ever say “ she not interested in my alma mater whose games she has attended since childhood? ( no) what has her camp said? Nothing. What have the schools said? Nothing, of course.

Everything that has been written about her is speculation . Nobody really knows anything

Reaction Score
Did anyone from her camp or NC State’s ever say that ?(no.) did her dad ever say “ she not interested in my alma mater whose games she has attended since childhood? ( no) what has her camp said? Nothing. What have the schools said? Nothing, of course.

Everything that has been written about her is speculation . Nobody really knows anything
Her dad told another NC State alumnus. It’s also been obvious for a while that that’s the case.

Also using your standard of evidence there is no reason to think UConn or South Carolina are in it because she hasn’t said anything about them. The whole process has been speculation with her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom