Non-Key Tweets | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
They signed a piece of paper with the letters GOR on it?

I have no inside info on what was signed or not signed, what it said or didn't say.

I do have some pause that the people in the room that day were able to agree on a detailed 12+ years of commitment and that all delegation had someone present with the authority to do so on such short notice. It's highly irregular in the business world and less likely in academia. They may have agreed in principle subject to the final draft.

They may have said sign this so ESPN will increase our deal, but it's only binding for a year. At the time the sharks were circling the ACC, a GOR announcement of any sort could have been used as a cooling off for anyone thinking of leaving in a panic. Like they did in the BE.

Unless someone has read the GOR, it is a possibility that it isn't as binding as some would believe.

Swofford came down to FSU and met, individually, with BOG members to explain things (individually to avoid Gov't in Sunshine law that governs group meetings). During FSU's spring game, Swofford quietly met with FSU Booster leaders.

Swofford also met with Virginia's board..and took along the ACC legal counsel. The next very day, Swofford convened a conference call with the ACC Presidents to approve the GOR. It was approved April 18, sent out for quick review and signature..and the ACC announced on April 22.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Swofford came down to FSU and met, individually, with BOG members to explain things (individually to avoid Gov't in Sunshine law that governs group meetings). During FSU's spring game, Swofford quietly met with FSU Booster leaders.

Swofford also met with Virginia's board..and took along the ACC legal counsel. The next very day, Swofford convened a conference call with the ACC Presidents to approve the GOR. It was approved April 18, sent out for quick review and signature..and the ACC announced on April 22.

I have no idea how I ended up defending someone else's conspiracies. What you say may be true, but I know how contracts work and as someone who knew the Rowland/Patriots contract was bogus before it was public, I can tell you that if FSU or UVA wanted a year to see how things played out, the other ACC schools would have went along with it and said nothing. The PR problem was as big if not bigger than the TV $ problem.

Unless someone has seen the contract, nothing is certain. No one involved with the ACC would admit anything until they announced a move.

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV
1m

B1G news coming at noon. I've been warned its not what you want to hear.

1m
Or maybe its not what I want to hear. I said the only thing that would shock me would be that its Pitt.

For what it's worth

I tweeted at him asking if it was going to be UConn and this is what he said " I don't know yet. All I was told was that it was not a football powerhouse and that it would shock people. I'll know at noon."

Reaction Score
Delany is supposed to announce some NYC based big ten events this week so if I had to guess he's going to use that as material for new rumors

Reaction Score
I have no idea how I ended up defending someone else's conspiracies. What you say may be true, but I know how contracts work and as someone who knew the Rowland/Patriots contract was bogus before it was public, I can tell you that if FSU or UVA wanted a year to see how things played out, the other ACC schools would have went along with it and said nothing. The PR problem was as big if not bigger than the TV $ problem.

Unless someone has seen the contract, nothing is certain. No one involved with the ACC would admit anything until they announced a move.

I haven't seen the contract and it is my belief that very few actually have. The FSU BOT, I know, never had a glimpse of the media contract. I worked at FSU before I retired and at one time reviewed many contracts. I did leave when the former President left (although I consulted on contract with FSU for a year) and there are probably many procedural changes. One thing sure, none of my former work compatriots are dumb enough to jeopardize their career by gossiping over a beer.

Reaction Score
If UConn gets into the B1G today, I'm flying up from DC to have a Guinness at Ted's. I also call next game of darts (if they still have a board).

Capcom Bowling was a good backup game.

Reaction Score
I tweeted at him asking if it was going to be UConn and this is what he said " I don't know yet. All I was told was that it was not a football powerhouse and that it would shock people. I'll know at noon."

It's past noon. What's the news, which is the non-football powerhouse and why should I be shocked?

Reaction Score

Which time zone? Lol

Reaction Score
Dude: "Come on guys, you told me that if I picked up sandwiches at Subway you had some info for me. I've told everyone that I had big news."

The Dude's Insider(s): "Really, Dude, we've got big info for you, but you only got us 6 inch subs. We specifically said footlongs. You pick up the tab at AppleBees tomorrow and we'll give you the info."

Dude: "Really?! Okay, I don't have that kind of cash, but maybe I can get my mom's credit card while she's out [add in a West Virginia reference]."

Reaction Score
This is all I see... they are teaming up with USA Football... realignment is over.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9579163/big-ten-usa-football-start-safety-promotion

Isn't one of our new centers dedicated to player safety/concussions/dehydration and it was going to be "THE" place for all things related to that and NCAA football? If so, the above means that the B1G is also going to invite UConn to demonstrate their new commitment to player safety!!! Yes, you heard it here first folks!!

Reaction Score
It's past noon. What's the news, which is the non-football powerhouse and why should I be shocked?

The bag of wind said "it must be for hockey only" which means he is hinting at UMASS.

Will everyone please realize this guy is a fraud and stop posting his garbage.

Reaction Score
Will everyone please realize this guy is a fraud and stop posting his garbage.

No more - no less than some people who continue to be allowed to post here.... :eek:

Wait - but you are following him?

theDudeofWV 1:12pm via Web
I really can't tell you the name of the school I just received. I have a hard time accepting it.

theDudeofWV 1:12pm via Web
Must be for hockey only.

Edit add:

theDudeofWV 2:06pm via Web
@KyleMackeyCincy I really thought it would be UCONN. It's not. This school isn't even AAU.

I'm devastated :(

Reaction Score
First, it's worth noting, that just because the ACC issues a press release on something doesn't make it so. The job of a PR person is to make the public think something in particular. While I would doubt that they'd outright lie about a Grant of Rights being signed when it hasn't been, just because the ACC says it's been signed does not automatically mean it has. I actually believe it has been signed, but I'm just taking issue with the "it's done, the ACC issued a press release" logic.

Nonetheless, I won't bother to point out that legally, despite what has been said to the contrary, a Grant of Rights to any entity for a period of time would be expected to compensate the grantor for those rights. In Notre Dame's case, they're only giving up 2-3 home football games a year to the league, so they would have an easier time leaving for another conference as they could still be very valuable to another conference even before litigating for compensation of those games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Notre Dame didn't assign any football rights to the ACC. They aren't a member.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
28m

Correction: This school is AAU. Has been since 1989. That's a hint.

Collapse

Only 2 schools admitted into the AAU in 1989: Rutgers and Buffalo

It's Buffalo
Delaney is a master strategist. Buffalo's admission to B1G is obviously intended for UConn to meet the contiguous requirement. Up next, UConn's admission to the AAU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom