Non-Key Tweets | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV
28m
Correction: This school is AAU. Has been since 1989. That's a hint.

Collapse

Only 2 schools admitted into the AAU in 1989: Rutgers and Buffalo

It's Buffalo

Is this real or just the Dude stirring up stuff? If it's real, then it just continues to show that there is more of an obsession toward getting cable boxes to make subscribers pay for the Big Ten Network than getting quality content to show on those cable boxes.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame didn't assign any football rights to the ACC. They aren't a member.

Well that they aren't a member isn't really relevant, as they could still assign rights. But nonetheless, come to think of it, they didn't assign any rights because they couldn't (namely that NBC still owns the rights to their home games).

Momentary brain freeze on my part.

Reaction Score

In football, Notre Dame has sold the rights to its home football games to NBC Sports. The ACC has the rights to the road games Notre Dame plays against ACC teams.

Reaction Score
In football, Notre Dame has sold the rights to its home football games to NBC Sports. The ACC has the rights to the road games Notre Dame plays against ACC teams.

His point though is that Notre Dame hasn't surrendered any rights. If they leave the conference, they aren't leaving any rights behind as the road games were not their rights to begin with.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Times a tickin' Dude... with each passing second your credibility falls further and further away.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
If this wasn't someone from West Virginia I would say that this whole CR debate is one big psychological study on paranoia and how things pass on the social media grapevine. But alas it is West Virginia we are talking about here.

Reaction Score
His point though is that Notre Dame hasn't surrendered any rights. If they leave the conference, they aren't leaving any rights behind as the road games were not their rights to begin with.

ND surrendered their right to join any conference in football other than the ACC until 2027. That is part of the contract between Notre Dame and the ACC to play the five games in football and for the ACC to offer its bowl lineup to Notre Dame.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame signed the right for the ACC to schedule 5 games per season on Notre Dame's schedule with teams of the ACC's choosing. Notre Dame will supply the dates of the 5 games. The ACC will schedule the schools. Notre Dame also contractually agreed that if Notre Dame Football joins a conference at any time before 2027, it can only be the ACC that they join. In return, Notre Dame has a home for 24 other sports, and Notre Dame football becomes an ACC school for the non BCS bowl package. They abide by all the same terms regarding payouts for bowls that the rest of the ACC has for those bowls. To the non-BCS bowls, Notre Dame is an ACC school.

Notre Dame does not share in the ACC's football television money, and they keep their contract for home football with NBC Sports.

Reaction Score
ND surrendered their right to join any conference in football other than the ACC until 2027. That is part of the contract between Notre Dame and the ACC to play the five games in football and for the ACC to offer its bowl lineup to Notre Dame.

No they didn't. Their scheduling agreement was just a part of their partial membership to the ACC. If Notre Dame pays the exit fee prescribed by the bylaws, the scheduling agreement is void. They are free to join any other conference legally.

Further, I suspect you haven't been around Notre Dame long enough to understand that's not how they operate. Believe me, they'd never sign a contract that stipulated they cannot join another conference. Nevermind that sort of contract would never be upheld in court.

Reaction Score
Serious question: Why do people waste time reading clowns like the The Dude and Tuxedo? Are you really that bored?

The entertainment factor with those whackjobs wore off a long time ago.

Reaction Score

I have to agree with Kyle here. The idea that ND would be locked into such a deal, when the conference can literally crumble beneath its feet, is more than farfetched. Maybe ND would sign such a deal if the contract stipulated that every single ACC member would not leave. Only then could I see them signing.

Reaction Score
George Perrett@GTPLords862h
@theDudeofWV SUNY Buffalo - that's what your sources gave you? C'mon. Really? Time to get some new sources.

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV2h
@GTPLords86 I’ll reserve judgement. I honestly thought it would be UCONN.

Michael@micjame38m
@theDudeofWV @gtplords86 A poster on PSU's scout site talked about serious interest in SUNY from the B1G weeks ago. I'll post a link.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda2h
Next UCF Board of Trustees meeting was scheduled for 9/26. hearing there may be an impromptu meeting end of this week - can anyone confirm?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda@TuxedoYoda2h
Next UCF Board of Trustees meeting was scheduled for 9/26. hearing there may be an impromptu meeting end of this week - can anyone confirm?
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Obviously they see that Buffalo's admission to the B1G opens the door for UConn and they are concerned for the viability of the AAC without UConn. All the pieces are coming together. Seriously, do I have to spell it all out for you people?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Obviously they see that Buffalo's admission to the B1G opens the door for UConn and they are concerned for the viability of the AAC without UConn. All the pieces are coming together. Seriously, do I have to spell it all out for your people?

My guess is that they want to find out if their campus is sitting on a potential sink hole.

Reaction Score

Jusat basketball, baseball and all other non football media rights...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Counter intelligence 101 for identifying your mole, disseminate crap info and see what surfaces. SUNY Buffalo? The Dude's mole has been outed.

Take from me, a SUNY Buffalo alumnus- and upstate NYer transplant turned UConn fan (because what is good for UConn is good for the state and thats good for me).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Counter intelligence 101 for identifying your mole, disseminate crap info and see what surfaces. SUNY Buffalo? The Dude's mole has been outed.

Take from me, a SUNY Buffalo alumnus- and upstate NYer transplant turned UConn fan (because what is good for UConn is good for the state and thats good for me).

These guys are just testing how silly their ramblings can be before people stop listening. Clearly Buffalo is not silly enough.

Reaction Score
These guys are just testing how silly their ramblings can be before people stop listening. Clearly Buffalo is not silly enough.

That must mean Temple is on deck.

Reaction Score
I have to agree with Kyle here. The idea that ND would be locked into such a deal, when the conference can literally crumble beneath its feet, is more than farfetched. Maybe ND would sign such a deal if the contract stipulated that every single ACC member would not leave. Only then could I see them signing.

It's not an idea. It's a fact. Notre Dame Football by contract is only permitted to join the ACC if they join a conference before 2026-2027. Nothing is crumbling either due to Grant of Rights signed by all 15 schools through 2026-2027. And the University of Maryland is going to be writing a very large check to the ACC to pay the remaining balance on the Exit Fee owed minus the offset that the ACC is collecting.

You can read the announcement of this if you like. http://espn.go.com/blog/notre-dame-...s-notre-dame-fighting-irish-at-acc-media-days

What the penalty would be should Notre Dame decide to break this contract was not disclosed. But they are in a contract preventing their joining another football conference.

Jack Swarbrick was also specifically asked about how they would view Maryland and others potentially leaving. It did not deter Notre Dame from entering the agreement with the ACC.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's not an idea. It's a fact. Notre Dame Football by contract is only permitted to join the ACC if they join a conference before 2026-2027. Nothing is crumbling either due to Grant of Rights signed by all 15 schools through 2026-2027. And the University of Maryland is going to be writing a very large check to the ACC to pay the remaining balance on the Exit Fee owed minus the offset that the ACC is collecting.

You can read the announcement of this if you like. http://espn.go.com/blog/notre-dame-...s-notre-dame-fighting-irish-at-acc-media-days

What the penalty would be should Notre Dame decide to break this contract was not disclosed. But they are in a contract preventing their joining another football conference.
I strongly doubt the MD will be writing a check, except perhaps to their attorneys. Just my opinion though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The most ridiculous thing on the conference realignment board isn't the nonsense from the WV Twitter idiots. It's this ridiculous idea that the ACC is weak and is going to fall apart.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom