Non-Key Tweets | Page 939 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
NBC gave up on their sports cable channel. They didn't even bother to have a goodbye sendoff. It just died after an auto auction one night.

Reaction Score
Once you one button types die Cable is dunzo.
Sorry, but I stream more than I watch via cable... If you're running a media company now and gun is to your head, where do you put your less than 3 year business strategy?

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I stream more than I watch via cable... If you're running a media company now and gun is to your head, where do you put your less than 3 year business strategy?

Networks that are affiliated with YouTube TV and Fubo. Stuff like that.

Reaction Score
ESPNs future is kind shaky. College Basketball is the one sport they have really stopped covering, and I think that continues. They overdo women’s basketball because it is cheap.

ESPN is in an era of consolidation of content, not grabbing content. Eventually, I think Apple or ALPHABET will buy them, or as Iger said, they will reach out to major sports league as equity partners. The TV channel is so poorly run right now I can’t deal with it.

They are, clearly, out of the news business. It costs so much to break news, and news travels fast it is impossible to monetize. Just no value in sports news.

get ready for content on gambling, non-stop.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not sure where FSU thinks it's going to go to make more money. The B1G is probably closed for business at this point. The SEC is not in any rush to expand, and have always taken a slow measured approach to realignment. Go ahead FSU. Leave your safe harbor in the ACC and get humbled. You're not worth what you think you are, and a lot of power schools will face this harsh reality in the coming years.
Original SEC schools like Florida have a veto over another school from the same state being admitted to the conference.

Reaction Score
Original SEC schools like Florida have a veto over another school from the same state being admitted to the conference.
I guess it comes down to whether or not Florida would exercise that veto, or could they use it to extract some beneficial concessions though I don't know what those would be in a conference where everyone seems happy and making boatloads of money.

Reaction Score
ESPNs future is kind shaky. College Basketball is the one sport they have really stopped covering, and I think that continues. They overdo women’s basketball because it is cheap.

ESPN is in an era of consolidation of content, not grabbing content. Eventually, I think Apple or ALPHABET will buy them, or as Iger said, they will reach out to major sports league as equity partners. The TV channel is so poorly run right now I can’t deal with it.

They are, clearly, out of the news business. It costs so much to break news, and news travels fast it is impossible to monetize. Just no value in sports news.

get ready for content on gambling, non-stop.

What you say makes sense. Incoming recession or not there's just a lot of money being thrown at college sports that I can't see it continuing.

Reaction Score
I guess it comes down to whether or not Florida would exercise that veto, or could they use it to extract some beneficial concessions though I don't know what those would be in a conference where everyone seems happy and making boatloads of money.
That will come down to whether the politicans believe they gain more votes by acting in the interests of Florida (blocking entrance) or Florida State (supporting admittance). The same thing will happen in South Carolina.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The last thing FSU wants is more members with a vested interest in the success of the ACC
Its possible an agreement is made whereby the clause to dissolve remains at 8 min votes despite the additions.

Things could get very creative in other ways perhaps.

The simplest path is to convince the hold outs not named FSU and Clemson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom