Non-Key Tweets | Page 933 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
If that's true then there was some last minute kabuki theater because they apparently publicly rejected a partial deal offer.
I'm sure there's been back and forth on details over the past few months but given how fast things went down this week I would imagine both schools knew they were getting around half a revenue share for starters with annual escalators.

GG

Reaction Score
We have no chance here. In listing potential candidates for the ACC, they listed the four Pac schools along with JAMES MADISON AND APPALACHIAN STATE.

We clearly don't have the value to these conferences that we think we do.
Yeah, that made me chuckle. I just can’t anymore.

GG

Reaction Score
The eastern schools are in for a lot of travel in the new big 12…also scheduling got to be hard with 16 schools …I like 11 teams in basketball..home and away games with each school
What strange about that as I had read that West Virginia was very upset and I have a new East Coast, travel partner and wanted more of an East Coast presence.

Reaction Score
How many of those students are full time, on the Tempe campus?

Yes, it's an enormous school and yes, a large number of full time, on campus undergrads are from California. They also have a full time campus in LA and an enormous number of part time and full time online students scattered throughout the US and the world.

ASU.EDU

A couple points from the link I attached:

• About 57,000 students are taking classes through ASU Online, compared with about 52,500 last year — an increase of more than 8%.

• Approximately 10,800 International students from 152 countries are enrolled in on-campus and online degree programs, compared with 8,600 last year, about a 25% increase.
ASU has 142K total students.
57,588 in Tempe
62,551 online
The rest in other campuses.

I've been to their campus twice, most recently in January - it is HUGE.

Reaction Score

There’s a risk to the football powers that excluding powerful, private schools like Vanderbilt and Duke (plus, university Presidents do like to rub elbows with them and football coaches may want them for ‘easy’ wins should there be no room for lower-level non-conference games in the future) and large state universities that taxpayers (and politicians) have invested in for generation is that enough folks maybe get upset to pull Congress into it.

Reaction Score
ASU’s business schools is considered solid, especially after merging with Thunderbird a few years back.

Agree on the scenery as it’s like Santa Monica without the ocean during the school year. In fact, I’m visiting a friend in Scottsdale in a few weeks (fingers crossed it’s not 115 F) and may have to take a stroll through campus while she’s working.
Don’t forget to wear your UConn national championship shirt

Reaction Score
At least Kansas has a national program in basketball, they have fans everywhere. Can't say the same for anyone else in the Big 12 except for maybe BYU with the Mormons.
The strong a school is academically and perceptually, the higher chance that’s its graduates will spread around the country to seek jobs, settle down, and plant that school’s flag there. Just look at the B1G with NYC, DC, and Atlanta. ND (and Stanford) nationally, etc. Graduates from lower-level schools are likely to stay local. In the expanded XII, that schools with a national footprint are BYU, Kansas and Colorado (may not be good at many sports, but a lot of people want to go to Boulder for college, including my cousin from Amity). ASU is an outlier due to its recruiting pool from SoCal. That’s it. If BY doesn’t want XII to get raised in 10 years, he needs a lager footprint. UConn would give him that.

Reaction Score
No it's not. Any idiotic writer can specular whatever they want. It has absolutely no bearing on what a conference may or may not be thinking.

To speculate that the ACC would consider James Madison and App State is so absurd, that writer loses any credibility.

It will not happen and it does not speak to anything regarding how the ACC feels about UConn as a candidate for expansion.
You think University Presidents were immune to an avalanche of negative media about UConn 2 weeks ago then our name not even being mentioned over thae past week? It just went dark as if we didn't exist. They probably would never admit it but I'm not so sure.

Reaction Score
There’s a risk to the football powers that excluding powerful, private schools like Vanderbilt and Duke (plus, university Presidents do like to rub elbows with them and football coaches may want them for ‘easy’ wins should there be no room for lower-level non-conference games in the future) and large state universities that taxpayers (and politicians) have invested in for generation is that enough folks maybe get upset to pull Congress into it.
But if the vast majority of states are represented, it would seem not much would happen.

I mean, who has a complaint?

Massachusetts? Connecticut? New York? Maybe California? Anyone else? Nevada? I can't think of any other states who either have schools outside or else care enough to do something. And don't say Wyoming or New Mexico.

Reaction Score
But if the vast majority of states are represented, it would seem not much would happen.

I mean, who has a complaint?

Massachusetts? Connecticut? New York? Maybe California? Anyone else? Nevada? I can't think of any other states who either have schools outside or else care enough to do something. And don't say Wyoming or New Mexico.
We have one senator that thinks we belong in the Big East and another with an infamous lawsuit. Don’t hold your breath for either of them to be helpful.

Reaction Score
One of Utah's senators sued just like ours. That's how they got into the Pac 12 in the first place so it can work.

Reaction Score
You think University Presidents were immune to an avalanche of negative media about UConn 2 weeks ago then our name not even being mentioned over thae past week? It just went dark as if we didn't exist. They probably would never admit it but I'm not so sure.
Lottta that media controlling the narrative going on in this country!!

Reaction Score
One of Utah's senators sued just like ours. That's how they got into the Pac 12 in the first place so it can work.

Same for Virginia Tech going from the old Big E to the ACC years back...

Reaction Score
This will be unpopular, but...

There may be a disconnect with how Huskie fans view the program and how others view it.

No one disputes the basketball creds of UConn, but football may not be perceived as Huskies fans see it..

Pat Forde's commentary may paint how many see UConn's football.

Lightning in a bottle? That would be an exaggeration. More accurate, perhaps, to say that Connecticut football plugged into a 120-watt bulb from 2007 to ’10. Just enough to illuminate a false beacon of hope that still faintly glows today.

The Huskies went 33–19 in that stretch, tying for the Big East championship twice and finishing fifth in the league twice. They did not win more than nine games in any season and did not win a postseason game more prestigious than the PapaJohns.com Bowl. The signature moments were beating a 2009 Notre Dame team that would fire Charlie Weis nine days later, and sliding into the Fiesta Bowl in ’10 at 8–4, having won a three-way tie for the Big East despite being outgained for the season. UConn lost that Fiesta Bowl 48–20 to Oklahoma, and coach Randy Edsall never even boarded the team flight home—he left for the Maryland job instead.

Yornark talked about betting on basketball value in the future. I am assuming that there is a lot of network input on new conference adds. The bean counters may have not wanted to put their chips on that number.

Reaction Score

There may be a disconnect with how Husky fans view the program and how others view it.

No one disputes the basketball creds of UConn, but football may not be perceived as Huskies fans see it..

Lightning in a bottle? That would be an exaggeration. More accurate, perhaps, to say that Connecticut football plugged into a 120-watt bulb from 2007 to ’10. Just enough to illuminate a false beacon of hope that still faintly glows today.

The Huskies went 33–19 in that stretch, tying for the Big East championship twice and finishing fifth in the league twice. They did not win more than nine games in any season and did not win a postseason game more prestigious than the PapaJohns.com Bowl. The signature moments were beating a 2009 Notre Dame team that would fire Charlie Weis nine days later, and sliding into the Fiesta Bowl in ’10 at 8–4, having won a three-way tie for the Big East despite being outgained for the season. UConn lost that Fiesta Bowl 48–20 to Oklahoma, and coach Randy Edsall never even boarded the team flight home—he left for the Maryland job instead.

Yornark talked about betting on basketball value in the future. I am assuming that there is a lot of network input on new conference adds. The bean counters may have not wanted to put their chips on that number.
I don’t think UConn football fans have any delusions about the true state of the program or the national perception. But it seems it’s only when UConn enters the discussion that P5 viability becomes solely about football performance.

UConn has a large market, it’s a good school, it’s a great athletic program overall and has the drive, facilities, and personnel to improve in areas where we don’t excel.

It’s a blatant double standard.

Reaction Score
I mean the Big 12 just added Arizona "for basketball" when we've won 5 men's and 10 women's titles since Arizona won its last. it would be great if people making these decisions were honest and stopped lying because no one looking at the numbers thinks Arizona is a better basketball add than UConn.

Reaction Score
Football has been the driver for 20 years..The ACC was caught unaware of the changes until the contravt went to 75% football...where once BB paid more.

Reaction Score

There may be a disconnect with how Husky fans view the program and how others view it.

UConn is every bit as good as 80% of the fraud programs currently in the so called P5

Reaction Score

Pat Forde is a UConn hating clown from wayback. This article was posted on here back in May when it first came out but for the folks who haven’t had the chance to read his whole thoughts of what UConn should do - here it is:

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2023/05/16/uconn-football-glory-basketball-big-12-realignment

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Football has been the driver for 20 years..The ACC was caught unaware of the changes until the contravt went to 75% football...where once BB paid more.
Honest question: how can you type those words after the Big12 added Arizona, ASU and Colorado? They’ve had every advantage for the last 30 years and can’t do jack on the football field.

Reaction Score
The problem with the ACC is that they grabbed the wrong programs. BC and Syracuse are boot licker football programs and athletic departments general. They bring nothing to the table. The ACC is basically Clemson in football. In basketball you have the Carolina schools which are good.

Reaction Score
I’d be careful. It’s possible the big 10 views your program the way you view ours. Football is an old boys club. Many hate on UConn basketball out of pure envy and jealousy. Some, who have far less titles than we do, refer to themselves as blue bloods yet refuse to acknowledge UConn as such. My guess is the thought of UConn becoming a football player is something they don’t want to consider. After all, you give us one full cycle w the tv revenue your school is getting and most on here would tell you UConn would be perennially ranked.

Reaction Score
Honest question: how can you type those words after the Big12 added Arizona, ASU and Colorado? They’ve had every advantage for the last 30 years and can’t do jack on the football field.

How much are they paying Zaga, Nova, UConn ? Great BB...

Reaction Score

Yes. But significant achievements considering those were our first ten years at FBS level.

Plus the number of players sent to the NFL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom