Non-Key Tweets | Page 653 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
From a Texas poster that subscribes at Orangebloods

Sources on Orangebloods are indicating expansion is hitting major roadblocks.

- The networks don't like any of the teams nor that the Big 12 is even considering expanding (loophole in contract not meant for G5 additions)...they appear to be willing to litigate to stop it.

- None of the teams have 8 votes

- Bowslby could be in danger of getting fired for the whole fiasco

- If the Big 12 crumbles, UT reportedly leaning B1G due to academic profile but is expecting to have ability to join any of the other P4's. Money and allowed travel partners are obviously keys.

- If the Big 12 crumbles, sources say we'll all hear about it well before the GOR expires.

i-cringed-when-i-saw-the-low-cut-top-my-girlfriend-was-wearing-to-go-out-with-my-friends--girlfriend-181644.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is this really that complicated.

CL constantly tells me everyone nobody believes non-key tweets.

Reading this thread makes it obvious that some percentage of people do.

I'm not sure how that is controversial.
Obsessed much?

Now are you going tell me that I'm picking on you because I responded to a yet another post where you mentioned me?

Reaction Score

- The networks don't like any of the teams nor that the Big 12 is even considering expanding (loophole in contract not meant for G5 additions)...they appear to be willing to litigate to stop it.

- If the Big 12 crumbles, UT reportedly leaning B1G due to academic profile but is expecting to have ability to join any of the other P4's. Money and allowed travel partners are obviously keys.

- If the Big 12 crumbles, sources say we'll all hear about it well before the GOR expires.

These "sources" are full of it. Firstly, UT wouldn't be welcome in the SEC. The other 3? Yeah probably. But the SEC will not take another Texas school without A&Ms approval and there's no way they give it. Secondly, the AAC has been preparing to lose schools for some time now, but it's not going to happen? Yeah ok.

Reaction Score
Texas leaving for the B1G, likely resulting in OU bolting, and the B12 crumbling would be a GREAT opportunity for us to jump on board with the remaining members, as well as UC, and whoever else to form a new league. This is more or less the same result that would've happened if Beebe didn't save the Big 12 from crumbling years ago when Texas +4 were going to the Pac 12 - which ALSO would've been great for us.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

These guys are full of it. When that contract was signed I don't think the P5 breakaway had even been finalized. There was no P5, therefore no G5.

appears others beat me to that assertion...

Reaction Score
Okay, how about more ESPN EE>>UConn hate to focus on?

Travis Rockhold@TravisRockhold 36 mins ago (Graduate of THE Ohio State Univeristy and working for @espnradio)
These UConn football commercials are equally as bad as the product on the field

Can one of you tweeters respond about his spelling being equally as bad as his product on the radio?

You go LowHangingGreen!

Low Hanging Green ‏@LowHanginGreen 11h11 hours ago
@TravisRockhold nice to say that to the tax payers of CT that subsidize your job. #&#$@@espn

Low Hanging Green@LowHanginGreen 11 hours ago
@TravisRockhold BTW that great ohio education.. You can't even spell university right in your profile.

Travis Rockhold ‏@TravisRockhold 11h 11 hours ago
@LowHanginGreen typo doesn't take away the fact UConn isn't good at football. Not a personal attack, just stating a fact

Low Hanging Green@LowHanginGreen 10 hours ago
@TravisRockhold and I am stating your education is bad, insulting tax payers that gave $250m to your place of work so your job can exist

Oh... and he changed the spelling. Point UConn fan!

Reaction Score
The way it is going, it is just a matter of time before the B12 will crumble. When you have a conference with multiple conflicting interests, it is just a matter of time. People forget that b12 almost merged with the Big East when Pac-10 made the proposal to take 4 B12 schools.

This could still happen of course. I hope it does soon since it is inevitable. Uconn and Cincy can create a new conference with the B12 left behinds and create a new conference. Hopefully, that conference can negotiate a new media deal with the likes of Twitter or Apple TV to compete with ESPN and Fox. That's if we are not in a P5 by then. The only unfortunate thing is this could take a few years to play out.

Reaction Score
You go LowHangingGreen!

@TravisRockhold nice to say that to the tax payers of CT that subsidize your job. #&#$@@espn

@TravisRockhold BTW that great ohio education.. You can't even spell university right in your profile.

@LowHanginGreen typo doesn't take away the fact UConn isn't good at football. Not a personal attack, just stating a fact

@TravisRockhold and I am stating your education is bad, insulting tax payers that gave $250m to your place of work so your job can exist

Should have also stated some facts to him about the overall football team quality.

Reaction Score
You go LowHangingGreen!

What about that the fact UConn has more NFL players , and more wins vs P5 schools? Someone posted it recently. Would be nice to hit him with that. I think Benedict retweeted it. Then you can ask him where he gets his facts from?

Reaction Score
These guys are full of it. When that contract was signed I don't think the P5 breakaway had even been finalized. There was no P5, therefore no G5.

appears others beat me to that assertion...
Expect this assertion to take like wildfire in the twitterverse. Everyday in the G5 is like living with a death sentence. With social media today perception becomes a twisted reality that is,difficult to overcome.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur@flugempire
@sooner2016 @Bluevodreal @theDudeofWV
Texas to Big 10?
How does Texas litigate out of the LHN deal?
The pathway out of LHN is not to B10.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 3h3 hours ago
@sooner2016 @Bluevodreal @theDudeofWV
Have Orangeblood show LHN contract in public..have them explain UT's pathway to B10.
They won't

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
My reaction to the Orangblood story is...read the LHN contract.

Example (just an example)
Let's say UT refuses to play enough events on LHN..and both parties agree to disband LHN contract Disney/UT...1/2

The contract still voids UT ability to latch onto another Conf Network for such and such a time. It's in the contract.

Santini35 @flugempire
wait are these rumors saying Texas is suing to get out, or that ESPN is going to sue because it doesnt think proratta is for g5?

@Santini35
The rumor is for ESPN to sue to stop B12EXP...but also states UT interests in B10.

Is there UT interest in B10 many many many years from now?
Maybe..probably
But the built-in parachute out of LHN does not track toward BTN

@CoogFans
UT could not bring LHN along with them to B10.

Movietime Blues ‏@Movietime_Blues · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire
Texsa might end up in the ACC, as the LHN could be merged under that conference's network. Take TCU or Baylor with them.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@Movietime_Blues
Again..another workable theory.
But UT latching up with BTN is not IMO under current LHN/UT contract.

Reaction Score
Don't believe Texas to B10 is possible right now with LHN active. ESPN owns both LHN and the ACC. It is more likely ESPN will try to get ACC to grab Texas somehow to keep Texas as an ESPiN property. Since ESPiN can't control B1G, it is highly doubtful Texas can end up there while LHN contract is still in place.

All these conference realignment moves have ESPiN's fingerprints all over it, which I been saying for years. It is pathetic we are still not in a P5 when the state has given ESPiN millions and millions.

Reaction Score
I am not sure how much the tax breaks come into play. $260 million over 12 years is about $22 million per year. Between salaries to CT employees, construction costs, celebrities coming and going and spending money here, espn generates far far more revenue to the state than the credits it receives. Yes the credits are important but I don't think the state or espn consider them a big deal.

Reaction Score
I can't believe Greg Flugaur even dignified Orangebloods by reacting to them. I realize Flugaur is somewhat suspect himself, but at least he's not as notoriously reviled as stupid like Geoff Ketchum the guy who started this at Orangebloods.

To give you an idea of the credibility Orangebloods has, allow me to quote a poster named Walden Ponderer (post 61565 on page 1232 of the Realignment not going away thread) on Shaggy Texas.

Walden Ponderer;9891904 said:
Seriously.

And Orangebloods(!) of all sources are now causing a microburst of kerfuffleness? These are the people who think Tyrone Swoopes is "running away" with the starting QB job. They have about as much credibility as a Big Tobacco expert witness.

Wake me when actual news happens.

Reaction Score
I am not sure how much the tax breaks come into play. $260 million over 12 years is about $22 million per year. Between salaries to CT employees, construction costs, celebrities coming and going and spending money here, espn generates far far more revenue to the state than the credits it receives. Yes the credits are important but I don't think the state or espn consider them a big deal.

LMFAO. If ESPN didn't care about them enough to make a "big deal" about them, exactly how do you think they came to be? The State just woke up one morning and said "I have a great idea -- let's ask the taxpayers to give ESPN a present?"

Reaction Score
LMFAO. If ESPN didn't care about them enough to make a "big deal" about them, exactly how do you think they came to be? The State just woke up one morning and said "I have a great idea -- let's ask the taxpayers to give ESPN a present?"
Yes, you are correct. They are a big enough to deal to put on the table. My point was more in terms of, any state would offer the same deal to keep the business in state, and the state is better off because of those tax breaks. It's not as if we can sit here and say, "hey, you owe us because we gave you tax breaks" since it is a net win for both parties. Make sense counselor?

Reaction Score
Yes, you are correct. They are a big enough to deal to put on the table. My point was more in terms of, any state would offer the same deal to keep the business in state, and the state is better off because of those tax breaks. It's not as if we can sit here and say, "hey, you owe us because we gave you tax breaks" since it is a net win for both parties. Make sense counselor?

As we are finding with the B12 contracts with Fox & ESPN ... there are always ambiguity in out years of deals. Thus, the STATE of CONNECTICUT could take the position that they are far harsher on some open ambiguous clauses ... to force ESPN to favorably affirm UConn' place in the P5 world. Doesn't that make sense to you?

You don't just load $260m on a Truck. And ... at this point ... do we really think it is quite easy to move that massive infrastructure and all those TALENT employees to other regions of the country. Let's be half as wily as the Oklahoma president in this.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

To be fair, Susan Frommer wrote a really good article:

by Susan Frommer|Top-Right Information

The School of Connecticut soccer staff has managed to get obvious: their competitors aren’t the groups any Christians within their lockerroom who care to talk their thoughts, although they perform about the gridiron.

An associate soccer trainer for that Huskies, who created an innocent reference in huddles to Christ continues to be pressured to decide, in a surprising show of anti- bigotry to get a Division iteam.

T. Resignation was not ineffective quickly, based on a declaration released Friday from Athletic Communications. Even the Department of Athletics or the College may have no more discuss the problem because it is employees associated, authorities said.

As TRN documented last month, Johnson was formally rebuked on January 15th, after he told The Hartford Courant that ought to be within the middle of our huddle.

Johnson created this remark within an try to create Southern people he and trainer Paul Diaco tried to get experience much more comfortable in a Northeast luxurious college anything the Huskies seriously required following a depressing 3-9 period in 2013.

Johnson stated a lot of those SEC people are spiritual, and wanted to create them experience athome:

Johnson informed the paper, simply because you arrived at the College of Ct doesnt suggest you don’t get the chance to follow your religion. No, youre likely to have the ability to come below and love the Lord that you simply enjoy. Therefore we offer possibilities in order for them to develop emotionally within our neighborhood.

huskies-300x261.png

He continued to describe how they’d assist nearby locations are found by people to praise prior to their religious connection. He stated the group might participate in non denominational activities concerning instructors and people.

However he entered a-line this revolutionary secular college wouldn’t endure.

Went to make certain they realize that Christ ought to be within the middle of our huddle, that thats something which is not unimportant, he explained. If you desire to not be unsuccessful and you wish to get, get championships you realize that this didnt occur due to you. This occurred of Savior and our Master.

Had Mentor Johnson been in a college within the South the city wouldve adopted a offering, yelled Amen and nodded their heads approvingly. However Connecticut’s College isn’t the College of Notre Dame.

Following a nearby citizen who had been neither a Religious or had a young child in the college lamented, College President Susan Herbst denounced Johnson:

At colleges aside from who they’re we benefit everybody within our neighborhood, and handle each individual using the same level of regard, what their values might be or what their history is, she published. Every student, including studentathletes, got to know they’re approved and accepted at UConn.

Until they are actually a Religious every pupil, that’s. On the basis of Mentor Jones’ experience, its apparent the College of Connecticut’s management disrespects folks of religion particularly fans of God.

Its not only poor plan against spiritual independence, its fairly silly to get a ruined NCAA group that simply arrived an unhappy 3-9 period off to declare in the South to possible superstar employees that they can encounter an anti- environment at UConn.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
To be fair, Susan Frommer wrote a really good article:

by Susan Frommer|Top-Right Information

The School of Connecticut soccer staff has managed to get obvious: their competitors aren’t the groups any Christians within their lockerroom who care to talk their thoughts, although they perform about the gridiron.

An associate soccer trainer for that Huskies, who created an innocent reference in huddles to Christ continues to be pressured to decide, in a surprising show of anti- bigotry to get a Division iteam.

T. Resignation was not ineffective quickly, based on a declaration released Friday from Athletic Communications. Even the Department of Athletics or the College may have no more discuss the problem because it is employees associated, authorities said.

As TRN documented last month, Johnson was formally rebuked on January 15th, after he told The Hartford Courant that ought to be within the middle of our huddle.

Johnson created this remark within an try to create Southern people he and trainer Paul Diaco tried to get experience much more comfortable in a Northeast luxurious college anything the Huskies seriously required following a depressing 3-9 period in 2013.

Johnson stated a lot of those SEC people are spiritual, and wanted to create them experience athome:

Johnson informed the paper, simply because you arrived at the College of Ct doesnt suggest you don’t get the chance to follow your religion. No, youre likely to have the ability to come below and love the Lord that you simply enjoy. Therefore we offer possibilities in order for them to develop emotionally within our neighborhood.

huskies-300x261.png

He continued to describe how they’d assist nearby locations are found by people to praise prior to their religious connection. He stated the group might participate in non denominational activities concerning instructors and people.

However he entered a-line this revolutionary secular college wouldn’t endure.

Went to make certain they realize that Christ ought to be within the middle of our huddle, that thats something which is not unimportant, he explained. If you desire to not be unsuccessful and you wish to get, get championships you realize that this didnt occur due to you. This occurred of Savior and our Master.

Had Mentor Johnson been in a college within the South the city wouldve adopted a offering, yelled Amen and nodded their heads approvingly. However Connecticut’s College isn’t the College of Notre Dame.

Following a nearby citizen who had been neither a Religious or had a young child in the college lamented, College President Susan Herbst denounced Johnson:

At colleges aside from who they’re we benefit everybody within our neighborhood, and handle each individual using the same level of regard, what their values might be or what their history is, she published. Every student, including studentathletes, got to know they’re approved and accepted at UConn.

Until they are actually a Religious every pupil, that’s. On the basis of Mentor Jones’ experience, its apparent the College of Connecticut’s management disrespects folks of religion particularly fans of God.

Its not only poor plan against spiritual independence, its fairly silly to get a ruined NCAA group that simply arrived an unhappy 3-9 period off to declare in the South to possible superstar employees that they can encounter an anti- environment at UConn.
That article looks like it was written by a third grader who isn't close to being top of the class

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom